Galaxy Tab GT-P1000 - Black Screen / Lights in buttons SOLVED!

Search This thread

BMN2205

Oct 7, 2014
to start with YES i have googled the whole internet to find a sollution to this problem.............. i have found some hints to others have THIS problem but no solution......... and flashing overcome flashin anything else for that matter using Dowload mode / recovery mode is not possible at present ( unless some one knows the solution to this specific problem ( read below please )

Hello there i got my hands on 2 used GT-P1000, the first one had 2.3.3 on it when i got it as far as i remember , i proceeded to reflash it to Android 2.3.6 following a VIO vidoe on youtube and then flashed it to android 4.1.2 also following a VIO video.... it works super and there was no problems with it......

then i got the 2nd GT-P1000 and i wanted to do the same to it..... BUT and i didnt take notice at first.... but i remembered after that this one had the stock android 2.2...........

i tryed to flash it to 2.3.6 using odin and so on like i did the previous GT-P1000........... it resultet in beeing stuck in samsung boot loop so i thought ok i have to flash it back to stock and i googlet and found a rom that i thought was the stock rom and flashed it and got PASS from odin and so on.... ( i should proberbly have done a little more homework before the 2nd flash wich was done a little in the blind ) but then i reboobet the tablet at ended up with.... ( see below )

if power button is pressed the Tablet will turn on but will ONLY light up buttons and have black screen NO other signs of life........ i can hold power button at turn it off again.
if i hold volume down button and power button to enter download mode NOTHING happens.............. it dous not turn on or do anything................
if i hold volume up and power button it just turns on and lights buttons with black screen............ nothing else
if i plug it into the charger after a couple of minutes it lights up buttons with black screen and just stays like that untill turned off...........
if i plug the tablet into usb on my computer i get the usb plugged in sound like it regonizes the tablet and Odin shows that the tablet is there...... BUT odin keeps getting stuck on " <ID:0/003> SetupConnection.. " , i tryed unplugging and then plugging the tablet in fast as some one said in a post that you can do but odin just stops and says fail........... what ever i try to flash i odin gets stuck on <ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
i have tryed 2 different versions of odin....... 1.7 and the one in the vio video i used to flash the first tablet without a hitch..............

i also tryed oneclickunbrick thing wich cant see the tablet.............

in short ...........'

Tablet cant boot any mode , just lights buttons and black screen
is regonized by odin but will not accept any flash..........

help? please............ thanks in advance............

SOLVED!

Sollution:

Using the VIO youtube video upgrade to 2.3.6 content as described......

1. Make Odin ready with the rom in PDA as video describes.
2. connect tablet to computer while off and imidiatly hold down Vol Down and power button as if trying to get into Download mode, tablet will not light or show anything in screen up but computer will make USB detected sound... then press start in Odin......... it will flash the rom " P1000XWJQ8_P1000AUTJQ1_P1000XXJPZ_HOME.tar ".... follow the steps as described in VIO video EXEPT! do not let the tablet boot into android as the VIO guy says, turn it off and enter download mode and flash the 2nd file called " dbdata " and then follow his steps..... this is what i think prevented me from getting boot loop issue again................

i upgraded to the 4.1.2 by VIO also and the tablet works super! now....

i posted this to help others with THIS problem................. cheers.

Reactions: Nourer

sujang34

Jan 22, 2016
my tab keeps on turning the flash light on and off..

to start with YES i have googled the whole internet to find a sollution to this problem.............. i have found some hints to others have THIS problem but no solution......... and flashing overcome flashin anything else for that matter using Dowload mode / recovery mode is not possible at present ( unless some one knows the solution to this specific problem ( read below please )

Hello there i got my hands on 2 used GT-P1000, the first one had 2.3.3 on it when i got it as far as i remember , i proceeded to reflash it to Android 2.3.6 following a VIO vidoe on youtube and then flashed it to android 4.1.2 also following a VIO video.... it works super and there was no problems with it......

then i got the 2nd GT-P1000 and i wanted to do the same to it..... BUT and i didnt take notice at first.... but i remembered after that this one had the stock android 2.2...........

i tryed to flash it to 2.3.6 using odin and so on like i did the previous GT-P1000........... it resultet in beeing stuck in samsung boot loop so i thought ok i have to flash it back to stock and i googlet and found a rom that i thought was the stock rom and flashed it and got PASS from odin and so on.... ( i should proberbly have done a little more homework before the 2nd flash wich was done a little in the blind ) but then i reboobet the tablet at ended up with.... ( see below )

if power button is pressed the Tablet will turn on but will ONLY light up buttons and have black screen NO other signs of life........ i can hold power button at turn it off again.
if i hold volume down button and power button to enter download mode NOTHING happens.............. it dous not turn on or do anything................
if i hold volume up and power button it just turns on and lights buttons with black screen............ nothing else
if i plug it into the charger after a couple of minutes it lights up buttons with black screen and just stays like that untill turned off...........
if i plug the tablet into usb on my computer i get the usb plugged in sound like it regonizes the tablet and Odin shows that the tablet is there...... BUT odin keeps getting stuck on " <ID:0/003> SetupConnection.. " , i tryed unplugging and then plugging the tablet in fast as some one said in a post that you can do but odin just stops and says fail........... what ever i try to flash i odin gets stuck on <ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
i have tryed 2 different versions of odin....... 1.7 and the one in the vio video i used to flash the first tablet without a hitch..............

in short ...........'

SOLVED!

Sollution:

2. connect tablet to computer while off and imidiatly hold down Vol Down and power button as if trying to get into Download mode, tablet will not light or show anything in screen up but computer will make USB detected sound... then press start in Odin......... it will flash the rom " P1000XWJQ8_P1000AUTJQ1_P1000XXJPZ_HOME.tar ".... follow the steps as described in VIO video EXEPT! do not let the tablet boot into android as the VIO guy says, turn it off and enter download mode and flash the 2nd file called " dbdata " and then follow his steps..... this is what i think prevented me from getting boot loop issue again................

please help me.... my tab is just turning the flash light on and off.. after all the stuffs doing through odin. please help me to bring my tablet back.

Nourer

Jun 12, 2012
Montreal

in short ...........'

SOLVED!

Sollution:

Thanks a lot mate I have the same issue with my old tablet but I dont know if this version will work since a I have a Gt-P1000N

snk4958

Mar 25, 2016
Exactly the same issue help me too please if possible mail me on snawazpharmacist@gmail.com

mariemancera

Sep 15, 2017
Caracas
Would you copy the link to the video tuts you used?

I got the same problem and I need help, would you please copy the link to the video tuts to help me? I am lost and I´m not very knoledgeable in this issue.

in short ...........'

SOLVED!

Sollution:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

in short ...........'

SOLVED!

Sollution: