Question: Tab E at&t sm-t377a w/6.0.1 MM, is there root available?

Search This thread

Araltd

Jan 30, 2010
USA
Is there a root method for sm-t377a running MM 6.0.1?

This is a Tab E (according to bootup splash screen). I have seen methods for other variants but the A variant seems to be a vague area.

If this is answered elsewhere, and I missed it please point me in the right direction. THANKS! :eek:

Reactions: doomcore13

Araltd

Jan 30, 2010
USA
From what I have gathered the AT&T version SM-T377A is an Exynos CPU

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=device&id=9353&c=samsung_sm-t377a_galaxy_tab_e_8.0_4g_lte

And according the the linked web site, the 377T (tmobile) version is also, where the 377P (sprint) is a Qualcomm CPU. (again, according to that linked web site above)

I have seen a few method for root on the 377P sprint variant, which I'm assuming will not work since its different architecture. I would guess that if a 377T method was available it would work on the 377A version? But with the extreme lack of information regarding this model - I would wait until someone confirms a working method.

Aug 25, 2017
Kingroot

I have the same problem I just can't root it. But a came across this article that pretty much says they have actually rooted a tab e sm t377a from at&t successfully with kingroot with or without pc. just Google costume recovery tab e sm t377a and choose the one from
Android we blog .com it seems helpful but but I but
Couldn't make it work but check it out, I am new to all this maybe I didn't understand some thing maybe you do. If you find a way to root please let me know... I will do the same.

ZaeZae

Mar 6, 2016
Nope

I have the same problem I just can't root it. But a came across this article that pretty much says they have actually rooted a tab e sm t377a from at&t successfully with kingroot with or without pc. just Google costume recovery tab e sm t377a and choose the one from
Android we blog .com it seems helpful but but I but
Couldn't make it work but check it out, I am new to all this maybe I didn't understand some thing maybe you do. If you find a way to root please let me know... I will do the same.

will not root marsmallow...I've tried it

xSl33p

Jan 29, 2017
Columbia
I don't see how it could be incredibly different from the methods of rooting my at&t g950u snapdragon 835 s8. I still have locked bootloader and didn't trip Knox. No custom recovery is available or magisk but Xposed is working. Tab e t337a also has a locked bootloader w/ Knox. Really only difference is the processor architecture is exynos 3475.

Last edited:
yesssss!...what he said!!!!....fast forward 2 yrs later and still no root!

[HTML[/HTML]
Is there a root method for sm-t377a running MM 6.0.1?

This is a Tab E (according to bootup splash screen). I have seen methods for other variants but the A variant seems to be a vague area.

If this is answered elsewhere, and I missed it please point me in the right direction. THANKS! :eek:

Is there a root method??

Top Liked Posts