FORUMS

[ROM][8.1.0][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 15.1 - SM-T670 (Galaxy View WIFI)

2,216 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,863

By deadman96385, Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer on 28th April 2018, 12:48 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1.0 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

This thread is for Unofficial LineageOS 15.1 builds for gvwifi (SM-T670). The following will not be supported here:
Custom kernels
Mods
Xposed

I don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
Flashed a custom kernel
Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
Modified system files

First time flashing LineageOS 15.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
Download the zip(s)
Install a compatible Recovery
Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
Wipe data/factory reset
Flash LineageOS
Install the Google Apps addon package (Optional)
Reboot

4/29/18 Download

Google Apps:
http://opengapps.org/

Kernel
https://github.com/Exynos7580/androi...nos7580-common
Device Tree
https://github.com/Exynos7580/androi...samsung_gvwifi

Aytex, who made all of the banners on this post.
Exynos7580 Team for giving advice on bringing this tablet up again
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to deadman96385 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2018, 12:50 AM |#2  
OP Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Saint Paul, Minnesota

Donate to Me
More

Major bugs
  • Camera doesn't work
  • Ambient Light sensor doesn't work
  • Selinux Permissive

Minor bugs
  • Google setupwizard switches to portrait near the end of setup, when the launcher starts it goes back to landscape
  • Some apps open in portrait only same bug as stock

4/29/2018
Removed Doze Settings
Removed Vibration Settings
Removed Telephony and SMS settings
Made Navigation bar buttons proper size
Disable auto rotation by default (Haven't found a way to disable it fully)
Enabled Tablet optimized grid recents
Made Notification Drawer/QS menu slightly bigger

Older Changelogs:
4/27/2018
Initial release

Other issues?
Before posting in this thread, make sure of a few things:

You used the search function of the forums.
If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
Make sure your post is relevant to this thread.
Logs! You can use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....tortel.syslog
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to deadman96385 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2018, 12:54 AM |#3  

Donate to Me
More
Useful Info
Some tips and tricks:

Due to the light sensor not working I would recommend you use UnderBurn from the google play store in its place it works very well

Due to the device not passing safety net you will need to manually download Netflix I recommend using apkmirror but things like XDA labs works as well. Here is a direct link to the netflix app on apkmirror be sure to download the arm verison.

To control the rotation, I recommend using Rotation Control it allows you to lock the rotation so apps can't change it on their own as well as forcing to true portrait mode.

Screenshots/Pictures:
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to deadman96385 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2018, 01:26 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Any chance this will work with at&t version, sm-t677a? I don't care if I loose the cellular functionality, I only use wifi. Thanks.
29th April 2018, 05:25 AM |#5  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdescrubx

Any chance this will work with at&t version, sm-t677a? I don't care if I loose the cellular functionality, I only use wifi. Thanks.

I doubt the AT&T/Verizon have unlockable bootloaders sadly, the only LTE model that could be supported is SM-T677 international variant
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deadman96385 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2018, 06:19 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
AWESOME!
Give this dev a medal for this awesome ROM! A middling device was turned into total awesome. I also like the galaxy wallpaper, now my Galaxy View has a galaxy view, hahaha.

I'd suggest any number of free rotation control apps. They did NOT work in controlling the orientation of the stock rom, but they work here beautifully for both portrait and landscape.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toad004 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Toad004 Ad-Free
29th April 2018, 08:15 PM |#7  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad004

Give this dev a medal for this awesome ROM! A middling device was turned into total awesome. I also like the galaxy wallpaper, now my Galaxy View has a galaxy view, hahaha.

I'd suggest any number of free rotation control apps. They did NOT work in controlling the orientation of the stock rom, but they work here beautifully for both portrait and landscape.

That's good to know I hadn't tried any yet due to them not working on stock. Do you recommend any in particular? I'll add it to the 3rd post.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deadman96385 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2018, 08:39 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadman96385

That's good to know I hadn't tried any yet due to them not working on stock. Do you recommend any in particular? I'll add it to the 3rd post.

I personally use Rotation Control (the one from "CrapeMyrtle", as there's a paid app with the exact same name). I keep the guard option turned on (to prevent apps from changing the orientation themselves) and set it to start on boot with Landscape. It can also force the tablet into portrait mode, (real portrait mode, not pillar-boxed landscape mode) which was impossible in the stock ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Toad004 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Toad004 Ad-Free
30th April 2018, 01:44 AM |#9  

Donate to Me
More
New build in OP

Changelog:
Removed Doze Settings
Removed Vibration Settings
Removed Telephony and SMS settings
Made Navigation bar buttons proper size
Disable auto rotation by default (Haven't found a way to disable it fully)
Enabled Tablet optimized grid recents
Made Notification Drawer/QS menu slightly bigger

This fixes all of the minor bugs that can be fixed as well as some minor quality of life improvements. I will now be working on fixing up the camera and sensor and doing some basic housekeeping so supporting gvlte (SM-T677) will be easier in the future.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deadman96385 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2018, 07:02 AM |#10  
deadman96385 Thank you for not giving up, you are amazing! How did you fix Wi-Fi not working and system reboots compared to the previous marshmallow build you worked on. Was it tricky?
The Following User Says Thank You to kalinskym For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kalinskym Ad-Free
30th April 2018, 03:38 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Should go without saying, but certainly hoping that this is lighter and faster than stock ROM
Let me load this up and Magisk and will tell you if works well!
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSilentSC For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DarkSilentSC Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)