CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.
Carbon ROM : https://github.com/CarbonDev
Unofficial Sources :
Device : https://github.com/khusika/android_d.../carbon-kitkat
Vendor : https://github.com/arco/android_vend...a/tree/cm-11.0
Kernel : https://github.com/Christopher83/sam...0/tree/cm-11.0
Gerrit Code Review
How to install :
- Use CWM6.
- Wipe data and cache.
- Format /system (only first time coning from older recovery)
- Format /data and /data/media (only first time coning from older recovery)
- Flash update*.zip.
- Flash gapps*.zip. You must flash gapps after every upgrade the since /system is formatted, wiping your previous add-ons.
- Reboot phone.
- After you setup your Google account, reinstall the three apps from Market in order to restore most of your apps, call log and SMS history.
- Warning: Do not restore backup data of system apps!
- If you restore a bad backup with cached settings in telephony.db in data/data/com.*.*.telephony it can break MMS.
- It seems that restoring backups can also break Calendar sync.
Carbon Rom, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy W I8150
K_TECH, arco68, Christopher83
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Last Updated 2015-01-09