FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][4.4.4]CyanogenMod 11 Lite Edition for SGY/totoro

259 posts
Thanks Meter: 85
 
Post Reply Email Thread
17th August 2019, 03:23 AM |#21  
TheRealModder's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Denpasar, Bali
Thanks Meter: 85
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superunbricker

I've flashed the script with TWRP, didn't work, SD card was formatted as FAT16, I stucked at booting logo. SD card remained intact after.
Does the SD card need to be formatted or partitioned before? If so, how?
Thank you

1. Dont format sdcard using fat16, use fat32 instead on the first patition.
2. Do you know how to partitioning your sdcard?
3. Try boot the system without the int2sdext zip
4. Your sdcard need to be repartitioned to using int2sdext
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheRealModder For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheRealModder Ad-Free
17th August 2019, 04:57 PM |#22  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealModder

1. Dont format sdcard using fat16, use fat32 instead on the first patition. Ok
2. Do you know how to partitioning your sdcard? Yes, I use Mini partition Tool
3. Try boot the system without the int2sdext zip So after flashing the zip I should delete it before rebooting?
4. Your sdcard need to be repartitioned to using int2sdext

Ok, but how, how many partitions? One FAT 32 only? No EXT3 or Linux Swap partitions?

Meanwhile I've tried App2SD, using three partitions on my SD card, Fat16, EXT3, and a Linux Swap. It works, but couldn't use the linking to SD app feature, I had trouble with the mounting script, so I used Link2SD for that and it works fine, because APP2SD hangs while listing the apps, Link2SD respond faster.
I've converted system apps like Browser, calc, gallery, etc to user, and then linked them to SD to free up internal storage space .
Then I've installed Whatsapp, which is the main goal, but I get an error saying the clock is out of sync, which is false.
Can Whatsapp be run on this phone?
The Browser works like charm by the way, like many other things, I'm still testing.

Summing up, the goal is to run whatsapp and other apps that require more internal storage to install in the first place, which way should I take for this.
Thank you!
19th August 2019, 10:47 AM |#23  
TheRealModder's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Denpasar, Bali
Thanks Meter: 85
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superunbricker

Ok, but how, how many partitions? One FAT 32 only? No EXT3 or Linux Swap partitions?

Meanwhile I've tried App2SD, using three partitions on my SD card, Fat16, EXT3, and a Linux Swap. It works, but couldn't use the linking to SD app feature, I had trouble with the mounting script, so I used Link2SD for that and it works fine, because APP2SD hangs while listing the apps, Link2SD respond faster.
I've converted system apps like Browser, calc, gallery, etc to user, and then linked them to SD to free up internal storage space .
Then I've installed Whatsapp, which is the main goal, but I get an error saying the clock is out of sync, which is false.
Can Whatsapp be run on this phone?
The Browser works like charm by the way, like many other things, I'm still testing.

Summing up, the goal is to run whatsapp and other apps that require more internal storage to install in the first place, which way should I take for this.
Thank you!

The first partition is FAT32, second partition is EXT4, the third is linux swap...

[I think set the clock to automatic]NOT WORK

Bro, use my script instead Link2SD, bcoz Link2SD can only linking apps and apps data only, use my script to move all files on the /data folder to 2nd SD card partition....
I dont know if the whatsapp is working... will check on cm9

[UPDATE] Whatsapp not work on this device anymore, bcoz [i think] WhatsApp for older ARM is outdated on play store and Crashing if we get a new apk from official website, and too heavy to run WhatsApp on cm11 on this phone....
The Following User Says Thank You to TheRealModder For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheRealModder Ad-Free
23rd August 2019, 01:18 AM |#24  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealModder

The first partition is FAT32, second partition is EXT4, the third is linux swap...

[I think set the clock to automatic]NOT WORK

Bro, use my script instead Link2SD, bcoz Link2SD can only linking apps and apps data only, use my script to move all files on the /data folder to 2nd SD card partition....
I dont know if the whatsapp is working... will check on cm9

[UPDATE] Whatsapp not work on this device anymore, bcoz [i think] WhatsApp for older ARM is outdated on play store and Crashing if we get a new apk from official website, and too heavy to run WhatsApp on cm11 on this phone....

I've used your script, could make it work on CM9 (got more tan 700 mb of internal memory what a joy!!!!, then I tried on CM11 and didn't work, then back to CM9 and this time it doesn't pass the CM9 logo. Tried repartition the SD, switching between ext3 and 4, no luck so far. Next step i'll try another SD.
It's ok without WhatsApp, It's natural it doesn't run on it anymore in spite of changing the rom. If I make your script run again it will be more tan enough.
Thank you very much.
23rd August 2019, 07:35 AM |#25  
TheRealModder's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Denpasar, Bali
Thanks Meter: 85
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superunbricker

I've used your script, could make it work on CM9 (got more tan 700 mb of internal memory what a joy!!!!, then I tried on CM11 and didn't work, then back to CM9 and this time it doesn't pass the CM9 logo. Tried repartition the SD, switching between ext3 and 4, no luck so far. Next step i'll try another SD.
It's ok without WhatsApp, It's natural it doesn't run on it anymore in spite of changing the rom. If I make your script run again it will be more tan enough.
Thank you very much.

1. Wipe your data on sdext first if you want to switch to another Rom.
2. Install rom and then install script
The Following User Says Thank You to TheRealModder For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheRealModder Ad-Free
30th September 2019, 02:13 AM |#26  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
30.09.19
job well done. It works
30th September 2019, 10:43 AM |#27  
TheRealModder's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Denpasar, Bali
Thanks Meter: 85
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rysiaczek1984

job well done. It works

Thanks. If you want too, hit the thanks button on first page. That is only way to "make" a donation to dev for free 😁.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes