FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q&A] [ROM][KERNEL] XDuosV3 2.0 for Galaxy Y Duos GT-S6102[STABLE]new release versio

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By QA Bot, Guest on 24th October 2014, 11:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Q&A for [ROM][KERNEL] XDuosV3 2.0 for Galaxy Y Duos GT-S6102[STABLE]new release version!!!

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [ROM][KERNEL] XDuosV3 2.0 for Galaxy Y Duos GT-S6102[STABLE]new release version!!!. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy!
 
 
24th October 2014, 11:28 PM |#2  
Bluetooth, Wifi
Really so many people are facing the wifi and bluetooth issues. come on, seriously? REBOOT!!!

Rebooting the mobile is not a fix for this problem. I have also been facing these problems even the mobile data button on the drop down notification gets stuck sometimes (Even ticking from the settings/mobile data off, it still was using my data and I realized my money was gone). battery life was ruined by the idous kernel, I have shifted to compact V1.3 kernel by nitu bhaskar, which is still better in terms of battery life, performance is not bad either and graphics is exceptional.
haven't tried others though. the only problem with the compact kernel is it doesn't support the A2SDGUI but link2sd works fine.(custom bootscreen! oh why ruin such a good kernel, dear nitu?)

So, thank you I can live with it, but please, these wifi, bluetooth, mobile data issues are needed to be addressed.

and btw why I can't even swipe to clear the running apps from the task manager menu. is it just for the looks or it really works?
25th October 2014, 01:36 AM |#3  
TheFixItMan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3,211
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by billysam

Really so many people are facing the wifi and bluetooth issues. come on, seriously? REBOOT!!!

Rebooting the mobile is not a fix for this problem. I have also been facing these problems even the mobile data button on the drop down notification gets stuck sometimes (Even ticking from the settings/mobile data off, it still was using my data and I realized my money was gone). battery life was ruined by the idous kernel, I have shifted to compact V1.3 kernel by nitu bhaskar, which is still better in terms of battery life, performance is not bad either and graphics is exceptional.
haven't tried others though. the only problem with the compact kernel is it doesn't support the A2SDGUI but link2sd works fine.(custom bootscreen! oh why ruin such a good kernel, dear nitu?)

So, thank you I can live with it, but please, these wifi, bluetooth, mobile data issues are needed to be addressed.

and btw why I can't even swipe to clear the running apps from the task manager menu. is it just for the looks or it really works?

I can't address the kernel issues as I didn't make it


Swipe to clear apps is only natively available on Android version ics 4.0 and higher
There is a thread in the general section where you can try implementing Swipe to kill into your rom for gingerbread
The Following User Says Thank You to TheFixItMan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheFixItMan Ad-Free
25th October 2014, 07:50 PM |#4  
not going to be easy
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussmith2626

I can't address the kernel issues as I didn't make it


Swipe to clear apps is only natively available on Android version ics 4.0 and higher
There is a thread in the general section where you can try implementing Swipe to kill into your rom for gingerbread

I have joined Xda few days ago and I am no pro at operating and handling languages well. but still, looking at it, trying to learn and adapt. will give it few days of study before I implement and experiment it.

who knows maybe you're going to be the reason behind my turning into a developer or I would be the reason behind turning my device into a bricked one
Thanks mate
30th October 2014, 12:45 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Just installed XDuosV3 2.0, need a little help with the OTA updates.
It's my first time flashing a custom rom, W/c is XDuosV3 2.0 and I just wanna ask how do I flash the OTA updates? Like the RC1. Can someone give me a step-by-step guide? Any response would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
30th October 2014, 01:12 PM |#6  
TheFixItMan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3,211
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocoyo1995

It's my first time flashing a custom rom, W/c is XDuosV3 2.0 and I just wanna ask how do I flash the OTA updates? Like the RC1. Can someone give me a step-by-step guide? Any response would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Not looked at it but I presume you would just downloaded it and flash the zip in cwm with system data cache mounted
The Following User Says Thank You to TheFixItMan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheFixItMan Ad-Free
14th November 2014, 10:45 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Bluetooth not works
Hi!

First of all, i wish to thank you for this great rom and works incredibly in GT-S6102 Y Duos phone!

Only problem that I encountered is a bluetooth issue, it's not posible to activate.

Can fix it and update via OTA?

Tank you a lot and sorry if my reply bothers you, it's no my inetention.
14th November 2014, 05:02 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Bluetooth issue
Great work! That ROM is amazing!

Only issue I found is that I can't enable Bluetooth. Waitting for the next OTA update of that ROM.

Thanks!
16th November 2014, 05:02 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Bugs detected
Hi guys!

I was trying this TOm and I can detect some bugs, this is the list detected at the moment:
  1. Imposible to enable Bluetooth
  2. Activate GPS requires reboot the phone
  3. If you enable vibration when the phone is insilence, it nevers occours (no vobration in silence)
  4. Activate/Deactivate data transfer not respond some times
  5. Change second SIM wallpaper not works some times

I continue trying and report if i found another bug.
23rd December 2014, 02:47 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Flag churu
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
great
i was thinking to buy a new phone but now due to XDV3 my s6102 having a new look, thanks
23rd December 2014, 10:13 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
excuse me i have some problem in my phone. How to enter safe mode in this rom?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
auto-qa

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes