FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Stock Rom and More Ram

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By MrXer, Junior Member on 24th September 2014, 08:25 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello, I'm new here and a very beginner at this

But now to my question, I have tried various Custom roms on this site before, but it seems that my phone (Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360) does not want to work properly with these different roms, so I wonder in short, it is possible to fix so I can get some more ram on Stock ROM (instead of 190MB) or it has to be custom, and it goes so can someone make a list of how to do or is there a post that describes how to do

many thanks in advance

sorry for my english

24th September 2014, 02:13 PM |#2  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3,842

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrXer

But now to my question, I have tried various Custom roms on this site before, but it seems that my phone (Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360) does not want to work properly with these different roms, so I wonder in short, it is possible to fix so I can get some more ram on Stock ROM (instead of 190MB) or it has to be custom, and it goes so can someone make a list of how to do or is there a post that describes how to do

many thanks in advance

sorry for my english

you don't need a custom rom - you just need a rooted phone with a custom kernel that supports things like swap however it will use your sd card (which will need a swap partition) and it probably wont make a slightest bit of difference.

If you want a faster phone buy a phone that has more physical ram - its the only way (although you may get slight improvements with scripts or debloating your system apps)
24th September 2014, 03:48 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Karlstad
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussmith2626

you don't need a custom rom - you just need a rooted phone with a custom kernel that supports things like swap however it will use your sd card (which will need a swap partition) and it probably wont make a slightest bit of difference.

If you want a faster phone buy a phone that has more physical ram - its the only way (although you may get slight improvements with scripts or debloating your system apps)

okay which custom kernel That Supports swap thing?
25th September 2014, 08:52 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:

many thanks in advance

sorry for my english

the simplest thing to do is unistall Bloot ware..(Gapps) u'll get ur RAM minimised to 95MB....then u'll have alot of free RAM to use... like total RAM is 290 MB...after unisntalling GAPPS and blootware.... the RAM usage will be just 95-100 MB and thats it enjoy the extra 190 MB ram...normally RAm usage is 180MB ...-220MB with GAPPS as google play services..mobile tracker email etc etc consumes RAM
25th September 2014, 02:02 PM |#5  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3,842

More
Quote:

okay which custom kernel That Supports swap thing?

read the info on the first post of kernel pages - or try and test
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)