FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][GT-S6310N]GlassROM Young N Installer

229 posts
Thanks Meter: 100

Post Reply Email Thread

Description

GlassROM Young N is a ROM (the first one, if I am not in error) for the Samsung Galaxy Young GT-S6310N (not S6310!, but the N variant). I was horrified by this low-end device, because there were no custom ROMs for it, and S6310 ROMs didn't work, I just ended up re-flashing the original firmware after a boot loop. So, here it is, the first ROM for this device, based on the Samsung 4.1.2 official AMJ1 firmware. It is de-bloated (which means no software besides what you want), has Trebuchet Launcher instead of TouchWiz Home, and I also remved most Google Apps (except for Play Store), because you can install them if you want, from Google Play.
This new thread for GlassROM Young N was made as a pre-release. The files here released, are an installer of the ROM Patch. This means you need to flash the stock ROM (4.1.2 AMJ1) via ODIN or Heimdall. Also, you must flash CWM (get it here: https://www.mediafire.com/?nwcnwu1yu92ym9w) via ODIN/Heimdall too. Then, you must boot up the stock firmware and enable USB Debugging. FInally, reboot to recovery, go to Mounts and Mount /system . Finally, connect the phone to the computer and run the script.
The original script was made for Unix-like OSes which use Bash Shell (like Linux and Mac). But I have made a Windows version too, available on the project page.
Screenshot

Download
Version 0.1.1 [Notes - some people report problems with the Windows installer]
[MIRROR]Try this link if our website is down!
Download v0.1 for GT-S6310N

If you like my work here on XDA, please consider donating!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gnmmarechal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gnmmarechal Ad-Free

20th September 2014, 11:07 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Added files to our project page!

http://glassrom.5gbfree.com/young/n/gt-s6310n/stable/
24th September 2014, 10:48 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
I am developing an OTA Installer and OTA Updater for this ROM!
Stay tuned!
8th October 2014, 12:16 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
OTA Updater going to tests!
28th November 2014, 01:12 AM |#5  
Flag VTC
Thanks Meter: 48

More
I've done everything, recovery, clean install, usb debugging enable, I get a usb device not install in device manager for SAMSUNG_android when a get in recovery and put usb in phone. The solution?
I tried on all sorts samsung drivers, and even KIES and nothing.
Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Izrezak.JPG
Views:	1938
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	3037292  
24th December 2014, 07:16 PM |#6  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Windows script is useless, several errors, bricked the phone. Needed to flash again. Do not upload until you test it.
25th December 2014, 12:47 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Could you provide a screenshot of the error? Does ADB say anything?At the moment, I can only test the Linux/Mac OS/*nix version. You could try using it btw.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Free mobile app
25th December 2014, 12:50 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunar74

Windows script is useless, several errors, bricked the phone. Needed to flash again. Do not upload until you test it.

I see. Look, this isn't a Google Play app review. This is a development thread. You seem like you don't understand it, but doing this takes time. Here, useful feedback is the only one I would like to receive. Useless feedback like yours wont help development at all.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Free mobile app
25th December 2014, 07:07 PM |#9  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Since I do not know linux, I can not use it. I have tried Ubuntu live dvd, but it does not run the script without adb.
28th December 2014, 03:01 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunar74

Since I do not know linux, I can not use it. I have tried Ubuntu live dvd, but it does not run the script without adb.

Use the live dvd or usb, then install adb from the terminal (write adb, it should tell you what to do to install it), and use the installer. Note th\g yoj must be on recovery when running the script.
28th December 2014, 03:37 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Update: 0.1.1 bugfixing update was released. 0.2 is expected to use OTA updating via our app.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.1.2, gt-s6310n, jellybean, rom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)