FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] How to Swap Internal SD card With External SD card

119 posts
Thanks Meter: 94

By r2dak, Senior Member on 16th July 2014, 11:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
As the title says im going to show you how to configure the Root External 2 Internal SD app properly to swap Internal Memory with External

Things You Need
1.Root External 2 Internal SD || Download it From Here
2.A Rooted Galaxy Young || How to Root Galaxy Young

SO LETS BEGAIN
After Installing Root External 2 Internal SD launch the app from your app drawer, you will see this Screen

Tap on Settings
Under Settings Check on Send Rescan and Use per default

then Tap on The Original Internal Mounting Point and change
Code:
/mnt/sdcard to /storage/sdcard0
This To This

then Tap on The Original External Mounting Point and change
Code:
/mnt/extSdCard to /storage/extSdCard
This To This

after that tap on The ext.sdcard device access and Change
Code:
/dev/block/vold/179:49 to /dev/block/vold/179:33
This To This

the just go back to main screen and tap on
External > Internal

THATS IT!!

BEFORE AFTER

ENJOY
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to r2dak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift r2dak Ad-Free

16th July 2014, 01:29 PM |#2  
Flag Haveri
Thanks Meter: 144

More
Nice guide Bro..
16th July 2014, 05:40 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Shimla

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlc07

Nice guide Bro..

Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to r2dak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift r2dak Ad-Free
12th September 2014, 02:58 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
[REPORT] External 2 internal APK
on my device set onboot checked NOT WORKING. But its working when i push External > Internal button.

[UPDATE]
and after few hours experimenting FOUND a way ! to switch internal as external on boot but this method has a BUG here the BUG list :
1. when we look to settings->storage the storage bar is changing frequently or show full.
2. MTP does not start or in your windows 7 PC on my computer your devices storage not visible.

Here how i do it :
1. Must support init.d script
2. create this script and save to /etc/init.d folder :
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh

if [ -e /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 ]
then
	mount -o bind /data/media /storage/extSdCard 
	mount -t vfat -o umask=0000 /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /storage/sdcard0
fi;

Note : i suggest the apk method its safer and less frustating creating init.d support for your device
15th September 2014, 01:36 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Shimla

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by inogbox

on my device set onboot checked NOT WORKING. But its working when i push External > Internal button.

[UPDATE]
and after few hours experimenting FOUND a way ! to switch internal as external on boot but this method has a BUG here the BUG list :
1. when we look to settings->storage the storage bar is changing frequently or show full.
2. MTP does not start or in your windows 7 PC on my computer your devices storage not visible.

Here how i do it :
1. Must support init.d script
2. create this script and save to /etc/init.d folder :

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh

then
	mount -o bind /data/media /storage/extSdCard 
fi;

Note : i suggest the apk method its safer and less frustating creating init.d support for your device

Thanks for the update bro even i have a init script which swaps memory on boot, but if you use that script sometimes phones does not run the media scan which sucks because there is not any way to trigger it manually tried many apps but it didn't worked that's why i posted this method instead of script
Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to r2dak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift r2dak Ad-Free
17th September 2014, 10:04 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r2dak

...... sometimes phones does not run the media scan which sucks because there is not any way to trigger it manually tried many apps but it didn't worked that's why i posted this method instead of script
Cheers

Yes its true on media scaner, and AGAIN i totally agree with you after that i found some something else THE CAMERA CANNOT SAVE the PICTURE I SHOOT.
20th September 2014, 08:06 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Shimla

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by inogbox

Yes its true on media scaner, and AGAIN i totally agree with you after that i found some something else THE CAMERA CANNOT SAVE the PICTURE I SHOOT.

if you are using external2internal app then do this restart your phone after the phone is properly booted up don't do anything (i.e don't swap the memory) then run inbuilt music player and then close it after that open camera see if its working fine than close it too, then swap the memory this works most of times and remember after swapping memory media scanner works slower so give it atleast 2 3 mins to update
22nd September 2014, 09:40 AM |#8  

More
THE CAMERA CANNOT SAVE the PICTURE I SHOOT

in my previous post is for my script not using external2internal app. For clarification need.

But now i try to disable fuse for sdcard in build.prop to manually trigger media scaner
Code:
persist.fuse_sdcard=false
and i update the init.d script like this
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh

then
	mount -o bind,umask=0000 /data/media /storage/extSdCard 
else
	mount -o bind,umask=0000 /data/media /storage/sdcard0
fi;

everything seems works perfect with mmc attached and phone srorage as camera save path. BUT has problem without external MMC : camera can save pictures but gallery cannot read the pictures.. the problem is the file owner and file permission on the root explorer it say rw-------- in other word just the owner can view this file. So i try to change permision on that picture and YES it can show on gallery.
26th February 2015, 05:05 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi I have Panasonic P55 with kitkat 4.4.2 with internal SD and apps do not load on Ext SD.
Is this only solution? Please provide App link as it is no more on Play store
The Following User Says Thank You to Vipuljain_in For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Vipuljain_in Ad-Free
27th February 2015, 10:10 PM |#10  
Flag Amman
Thanks Meter: 252

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipuljain_in

Hi I have Panasonic P55 with kitkat 4.4.2 with internal SD and apps do not load on Ext SD.
Is this only solution? Please provide App link as it is no more on Play store

Use link2sd it's better it's available at playstore for free and there is a paid ad-free version
26th June 2015, 04:50 PM |#11  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 30

More
help please
I currently own a Verizon Tablet Ellipsis 8 QTAQZ3 with KOT49H build. Finally a root method that works is KINGROOT. My issue is that I cant swap the internal with external as I am told that even updating UTUBE not enough space. Even with 6 gigabytes left. I have a 64gb class 10 sd card.When I look at dev/block/vold, I see 2 numbers 179:96 and 197:97. The tablet has no recovery made for it (yet). All my apps are on internal storage (partition, I think). I have read that internal and external are both the same. Please clarify, and can you please help.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)