[GUIDE] How to Swap Internal SD card With External SD card

Search This thread

r2dak

Jan 31, 2014
Shimla
As the title says im going to show you how to configure the Root External 2 Internal SD app properly to swap Internal Memory with External

Things You Need
1.Root External 2 Internal SD || Download it From Here
2.A Rooted Galaxy Young || How to Root Galaxy Young

SO LETS BEGAIN
After Installing Root External 2 Internal SD launch the app from your app drawer, you will see this Screen

0.png

Tap on Settings
Under Settings Check on Send Rescan and Use per default
1.jpg

then Tap on The Original Internal Mounting Point and change
Code:
/mnt/sdcard to /storage/sdcard0

This
2.png
To This
2.1.png

then Tap on The Original External Mounting Point and change
Code:
/mnt/extSdCard to /storage/extSdCard

This
3.png
To This
3.1.png

after that tap on The ext.sdcard device access and Change
Code:
/dev/block/vold/179:49 to /dev/block/vold/179:33

This
4.png
To This
4.1.png

the just go back to main screen and tap on
External > Internal

THATS IT!!

BEFORE
b4.jpg
AFTER
afta.jpg

ENJOY:highfive:

Last edited:

inogbox

Apr 29, 2013
[REPORT] External 2 internal APK

on my device set onboot checked NOT WORKING. But its working when i push External > Internal button.

[UPDATE]
and after few hours experimenting FOUND a way ! to switch internal as external on boot but this method has a BUG here the BUG list ::rolleyes:
1. when we look to settings->storage the storage bar is changing frequently or show full.
2. MTP does not start or in your windows 7 PC on my computer your devices storage not visible.

Here how i do it :
1. Must support init.d script
2. create this script and save to /etc/init.d folder :
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh

if [ -e /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 ]
then
	mount -o bind /data/media /storage/extSdCard 
	mount -t vfat -o umask=0000 /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /storage/sdcard0
fi;

Note : i suggest the apk method its safer and less frustating creating init.d support for your device :eek:

Last edited:

r2dak

Jan 31, 2014
Shimla
on my device set onboot checked NOT WORKING. But its working when i push External > Internal button.

[UPDATE]
and after few hours experimenting FOUND a way ! to switch internal as external on boot but this method has a BUG here the BUG list ::rolleyes:
1. when we look to settings->storage the storage bar is changing frequently or show full.
2. MTP does not start or in your windows 7 PC on my computer your devices storage not visible.

Here how i do it :
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh

then
fi;

Note : i suggest the apk method its safer and less frustating creating init.d support for your device :eek:

Thanks for the update bro even i have a init script which swaps memory on boot, but if you use that script sometimes phones does not run the media scan which sucks because there is not any way to trigger it manually tried many apps but it didn't worked that's why i posted this method instead of script
Cheers

Reactions: Mrbluwe

inogbox

Apr 29, 2013
...... sometimes phones does not run the media scan which sucks because there is not any way to trigger it manually tried many apps but it didn't worked that's why i posted this method instead of script
Cheers

Yes its true on media scaner, and AGAIN i totally agree with you after that i found some something else THE CAMERA CANNOT SAVE the PICTURE I SHOOT.

r2dak

Jan 31, 2014
Shimla
Yes its true on media scaner, and AGAIN i totally agree with you after that i found some something else THE CAMERA CANNOT SAVE the PICTURE I SHOOT.

if you are using external2internal app then do this restart your phone after the phone is properly booted up don't do anything (i.e don't swap the memory) then run inbuilt music player and then close it after that open camera see if its working fine than close it too, then swap the memory this works most of times and remember after swapping memory media scanner works slower so give it atleast 2 3 mins to update

Reactions: Mrbluwe

inogbox

Apr 29, 2013
THE CAMERA CANNOT SAVE the PICTURE I SHOOT

in my previous post is for my script not using external2internal app. For clarification need.

But now i try to disable fuse for sdcard in build.prop to manually trigger media scaner
Code:
persist.fuse_sdcard=false
and i update the init.d script like this
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh

then
	mount -o bind,umask=0000 /data/media /storage/extSdCard 
else
	mount -o bind,umask=0000 /data/media /storage/sdcard0
fi;

everything seems works perfect with mmc attached and phone srorage as camera save path. BUT has problem without external MMC : camera can save pictures but gallery cannot read the pictures.:eek:. the problem is the file owner and file permission on the root explorer it say rw-------- in other word just the owner can view this file. So i try to change permision on that picture and YES it can show on gallery.

Last edited:

Vipuljain_in

Apr 16, 2011
Hi I have Panasonic P55 with kitkat 4.4.2 with internal SD and apps do not load on Ext SD.
Is this only solution? Please provide App link as it is no more on Play store

Reactions: TheEmperorAshish

wally18324

Jul 6, 2012
New Jersey
help please

I currently own a Verizon Tablet Ellipsis 8 QTAQZ3 with KOT49H build. Finally a root method that works is KINGROOT. My issue is that I cant swap the internal with external as I am told that even updating UTUBE not enough space. Even with 6 gigabytes left. I have a 64gb class 10 sd card.When I look at dev/block/vold, I see 2 numbers 179:96 and 197:97. The tablet has no recovery made for it (yet). All my apps are on internal storage (partition, I think). I have read that internal and external are both the same. Please clarify, and can you please help.

Mr,bluwe

Feb 19, 2015
Amman
I currently own a Verizon Tablet Ellipsis 8 QTAQZ3 with KOT49H build. Finally a root method that works is KINGROOT. My issue is that I cant swap the internal with external as I am told that even updating UTUBE not enough space. Even with 6 gigabytes left. I have a 64gb class 10 sd card.When I look at dev/block/vold, I see 2 numbers 179:96 and 197:97. The tablet has no recovery made for it (yet). All my apps are on internal storage (partition, I think). I have read that internal and external are both the same. Please clarify, and can you please help.
There is a xposed module called "XinternalSD" it will do the same as this app but it doesn't need any messing with settings...just download it and activate it and toggle it from it's settings.
But this will keep installing apps in tge internal memory so you may also need an app like link2sd or S2E .

wally18324

Jul 6, 2012
New Jersey
Failure

There is a xposed module called "XinternalSD" it will do the same as this app but it doesn't need any messing with settings...just download it and activate it and toggle it from it's settings.
But this will keep installing apps in tge internal memory so you may also need an app like link2sd or S2E .

App2sd is not supported by your device. Because your device has a primary external storage which is emulated from the internal storage. Still trying though. Any insight.

Mr,bluwe

Feb 19, 2015
Amman
App2sd is not supported by your device. Because your device has a primary external storage which is emulated from the internal storage. Still trying though. Any insight.
Don't use the 'move to sd" feature...as it won't work on alot of devices.
Instead chose "link to sd card" as it is the main feature of link2sd app, were the whole app gets moved to sdext. (You must have a partioned sdcard, partioning sdcard is so much easy and safe, you can use google/YouTube to get more details about partioning sdcard).
Press thanks [emoji106] if I helped [emoji6]

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

wally18324

Jul 6, 2012
New Jersey
Don't use the 'move to sd" feature...as it won't work on alot of devices.
Instead chose "link to sd card" as it is the main feature of link2sd app, were the whole app gets moved to sdext. (You must have a partioned sdcard, partioning sdcard is so much easy and safe, you can use google/YouTube to get more details about partioning sdcard).
Press thanks [emoji106] if I helped [emoji6]

thanks for your quick response. I will do that, do I just need one partition for ext4.

Mr,bluwe

Feb 19, 2015
Amman
thanks for your quick response. I will do that, do I just need one partition for ext4.
You need a ext4 partion (sdext that will be used with link2sd), (it will be hidden), (make it good sized it must be bigger than 512mb to be useful, and I prefer that you make more than 1GB if you have a sdcard bigger than 16GB)
And the other partion will be fat/fat32 and it will be your system mountable sdcard partion (this partion is the one that you can put your media files on and move games obb and extdata to), (shown as extsdcard ir sdcard2), (make the file system "fat" if this partion was 2GB or smaller, if this partion is 4GB or bigger use "fat32")

Reactions: wally18324

wally18324

Jul 6, 2012
New Jersey
You need a ext4 partion (sdext that will be used with link2sd), (it will be hidden), (make it good sized it must be bigger than 512mb to be useful, and I prefer that you make more than 1GB if you have a sdcard bigger than 16GB)
And the other partion will be fat/fat32 and it will be your system mountable sdcard partion (this partion is the one that you can put your media files on and move games obb and extdata to), (shown as extsdcard ir sdcard2), (make the file system "fat" if this partion was 2GB or smaller, if this partion is 4GB or bigger use "fat32")

I used a 32gb sd card. After some research found out the tablet does not support more than a 32gb card. I was using a 64gb card. There are 2 partitions , 1st 28gb fat32 for media files, 2nd sdext2 about 3.5 gbs. I am on rooted stock so I used ext 2. worked like a charm. Used the link to sd. But I tried to move the Zedge data says Failure Link2sd package invalid. But beside that its ok. Unless I am missing something. Thanks for all the help and patience.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As the title says im going to show you how to configure the Root External 2 Internal SD app properly to swap Internal Memory with External

Things You Need
    1.Root External 2 Internal SD || Download it From Here
    2.A Rooted Galaxy Young || How to Root Galaxy Young

SO LETS BEGAIN
    After Installing Root External 2 Internal SD launch the app from your app drawer, you will see this Screen

0.png

Tap on Settings
    Under Settings Check on Send Rescan and Use per default
    1.jpg

then Tap on The Original Internal Mounting Point and change
    Code:
    /mnt/sdcard to /storage/sdcard0

This
    2.png
    To This
    2.1.png

then Tap on The Original External Mounting Point and change
    Code:
    /mnt/extSdCard to /storage/extSdCard

This
    3.png
    To This
    3.1.png

after that tap on The ext.sdcard device access and Change
    Code:
    /dev/block/vold/179:49 to /dev/block/vold/179:33

This
    4.png
    To This
    4.1.png

the just go back to main screen and tap on
    External > Internal

THATS IT!!

BEFORE
    b4.jpg
    AFTER
    afta.jpg

ENJOY:highfive:

[UPDATE]

Here how i do it :
    Code:
    #!/system/bin/sh

then
    fi;

Thanks for the update bro even i have a init script which swaps memory on boot, but if you use that script sometimes phones does not run the media scan which sucks because there is not any way to trigger it manually tried many apps but it didn't worked that's why i posted this method instead of script
    Cheers

if you are using external2internal app then do this restart your phone after the phone is properly booted up don't do anything (i.e don't swap the memory) then run inbuilt music player and then close it after that open camera see if its working fine than close it too, then swap the memory this works most of times and remember after swapping memory media scanner works slower so give it atleast 2 3 mins to update
    Hi I have Panasonic P55 with kitkat 4.4.2 with internal SD and apps do not load on Ext SD.
    Is this only solution? Please provide App link as it is no more on Play store