FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Shinkumara Kernel for Royss S6310 Deluxe Edition

63 posts
Thanks Meter: 26
 
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello just building the custom kernel for S6310
I'm newbie on this development, so need guide from you all guys
This is not perfect build, but worth to try by S6310 users

"Indonesia tanah airku
Tanah tumpah darahku"

"Indonesia Raya
Merdeka Merdeka
Tanahku negriku yang kucinta"

"Indonesia Raya
Merdeka Merdeka
Hiduplah Indonesia Raya"

Features:
LZ4 legacy compressed kernel and initramfs (faster booting) (credit: kyungsik lee)
Kernel same page merging (reduce ram usage)
Patch kernel 3.4.106 (kernel.org)
Zram compress-decompress with latest LZO
Latest toolchains GCC 4.9.3
Support 3 ways swapping ram (zram, swapfile, swapdisk)
Min freq 122MHz, max freq 1152MHz
Tweaked read speed sdcard
Many more

BUG:
Tell me
Here the kernel : signed_kernel8.zip
And modules : signed_modules8.zip


HOW TO INSTALL?
Just flash both via CWM or TWRP

This kernel featured with 3 ways swapping ram:
-zram
-swapfile
-swap partition

Choose only 1 of them, Don't use more than 1!

Because this kernel is not supported for init.d, you need install universal init.d application and make it ON then reboot to your custom recovery.

1. Activating zram: download this zram
Flash via cwm/twrp

2. Activating swapfile: download this Swapfile
Flash via cwm/twrp

3. Activating swap partition:
You need make third partition on your sdcard to linux swap partition (256 MB recommended).
You can use CWM/TWRP to partition your sdcard, don't forget to backup first.
And download this ram partition
Flash via CWM

Thanks to:
Samsung OSRC
Kyungsik lee
Launchpad.net
Kernel.org
TheWhisp
Saumitra yadav
@ocoot
Mamutos
Jenad devs
Royss devs
All XDA developers
All Indonesia Temporary grup members
All S6310 users

Source code : Github
Another source : Source

FYI:
I build it specially for S6310 device working properly on that type of device, maybe will work on some device like S6310L, S6310N, S6312, etc but there is no guarantee to working properly, big possibility you will lose some features that S6310 don't have.

Regards, shinkumara

Twitter shin_kumara
Facebook Shinkumara

Donate: Rek BCA Indonesia acc no. 5420374927
Attached Files
File Type: zip signed_kernel8.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.03 MB, 6638 views)
File Type: zip signed_module8.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.35 MB, 4828 views)
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Shinkumara For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Shinkumara Ad-Free
 
 
4th March 2015, 01:23 AM |#2  
Shinkumara's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
Donate to Me
More
Up
Anyone interesting to try?
4th March 2015, 08:03 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Amman
Thanks Meter: 252
 
More
Thank you for your work I'm a S6312 user, and I'll try it and give you my feedback
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr,bluwe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mr,bluwe Ad-Free
27th March 2015, 11:09 PM |#4  
Member
Flag Mikołów
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkumara

Hello just building the custom kernel for S6310
I'm newbie on this development, so need guide from you all guys
This is not perfect build, but worth to try by S6310 users

"Indonesia tanah airku
Tanah tumpah darahku"

"Indonesia Raya
Merdeka Merdeka
Tanahku negriku yang kucinta"

"Indonesia Raya
Merdeka Merdeka
Hiduplah Indonesia Raya"

Features:
LZ4 legacy compressed kernel and initramfs (faster booting) (credit: kyungsik lee)
Kernel same page merging (reduce ram usage)
Patch kernel 3.4.106 (kernel.org)
Zram compress-decompress with latest LZO
Latest toolchains GCC 4.9.3
Support 3 ways swapping ram (zram, swapfile, swapdisk)
Min freq 122MHz, max freq 1152MHz
Tweaked read speed sdcard
Many more

BUG:
Tell me
Here the kernel : signed_kernel8.zip
And modules : signed_modules8.zip


HOW TO INSTALL?
Just flash both via CWM or TWRP

This kernel featured with 3 ways swapping ram:
-zram
-swapfile
-swap partition

Choose only 1 of them, Don't use more than 1!

Because this kernel is not supported for init.d, you need install universal init.d application and make it ON then reboot to your custom recovery.

1. Activating zram: download this zram
Flash via cwm/twrp

2. Activating swapfile: download this Swapfile
Flash via cwm/twrp

3. Activating swap partition:
You need make third partition on your sdcard to linux swap partition (256 MB recommended).
You can use CWM/TWRP to partition your sdcard, don't forget to backup first.
And download this ram partition
Flash via CWM

Thanks to:
Samsung OSRC
Kyungsik lee
Launchpad.net
Kernel.org
TheWhisp
Saumitra yadav
@ocoot
Mamutos
Jenad devs
Royss devs
All XDA developers
All Indonesia Temporary grup members
All S6310 users

Source code : Github
Another source : Source

FYI:
I build it specially for S6310 device working properly on that type of device, maybe will work on some device like S6310L, S6310N, S6312, etc but there is no guarantee to working properly, big possibility you will lose some features that S6310 don't have.

Regards, shinkumara

Twitter shin_kumara
Facebook Shinkumara

Donate: Rek BCA Indonesia acc no. 5420374927



Hello, can you tell me: Are you working on this kernel daily?
Is it changing the visual effects or anything in the Rom?
Do you have the original kernal? You know, just in case. Thanks.
27th March 2015, 11:36 PM |#5  
Shinkumara's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabkaMan

Hello, can you tell me: Are you working on this kernel daily?
Is it changing the visual effects or anything in the Rom?
Do you have the original kernal? You know, just in case. Thanks.

No, i do it when have time.

You can see on my github commit for changelog
27th March 2015, 11:37 PM |#6  
Member
Flag Mikołów
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
I mean: do you use this kernel in your phone everyday?
Have you experienced any troubles with it?

And what with the visual side of the kernel? Is it changing anything?
27th March 2015, 11:46 PM |#7  
Shinkumara's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabkaMan

Hello, can you tell me: Are you working on this kernel daily?
Is it changing the visual effects or anything in the Rom?
Do you have the original kernal? You know, just in case. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabkaMan

I mean: do you use this kernel in your phone everyday?
Have you experienced any troubles with it?

And what with the visual side of the kernel? Is it changing anything?

Yes sure i using this kernel on my daily
No visual side effect. But if you found any bug, let me know
28th March 2015, 01:00 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag Amman
Thanks Meter: 252
 
More
If you allow the CPU to reach a higher frequency it will be better...just make it like mammoth kernel allow OC to a speed of 1292mh and it will be the best kernel for this device. z
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr,bluwe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mr,bluwe Ad-Free
2nd November 2015, 02:08 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag Torino Italy
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Is thread dead? Would like to install this on my GT-S6310N also to test it out.
Actually, the NFC might break huh ? since it's for the 6310 ...
Love to hear from you, OP
31st May 2016, 05:13 PM |#10  
kessaras's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 8,622
 
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
working like a charm. im using it from now on too until we get cm12 for this phone. but i installed ram expander instead of the zram zip here. its easier with ram expander instead trying to get init.d to work and create scripts in there.
4th August 2017, 04:36 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Ok
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
deluxe. shinkumara, royss, s6310, temporary

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes