FORUMS

It's Arrived ! Any Questions ?

120 posts
Thanks Meter: 22

By orbital247, Senior Member on 14th February 2020, 11:25 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Just setting it up now, feel free to fire any questions at me and i'll do my best to answer !

Build impressions out of the box - solid, premium, hinge seems just right and screen seems excellent.
15th February 2020, 03:08 AM |#2  
How many notification icons can the outside screen show at once? Can you customize that screen in any way?
15th February 2020, 10:15 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmogren

How many notification icons can the outside screen show at once? Can you customize that screen in any way?

4 notifications at once, basically you get a orange dot next to the time when you get a notification. You then swipe right and the icons appear. You click on an icon and it gives you a small preview of what it is then you can click again and open the phone and it will go directly to that app. Example is an email where it shows the Gmail icon, with a click it will show who its from and the subject then with another click and open of the phone it goes straight to that email.

One small improvement here would be of the outside screen was always on which it is sadly not. There are no customisations unfortunately.
The Following User Says Thank You to orbital247 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift orbital247 Ad-Free
15th February 2020, 12:57 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
can you answer a phone call with the phone closed? i mean talkingšŸ˜
15th February 2020, 01:17 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thankyousir

can you answer a phone call with the phone closed? i mean talkingšŸ˜

Yes you can! Answer via the little screen and you can take the call hands free.
15th February 2020, 06:15 PM |#6  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 168

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbital247

4 notifications at once, basically you get a orange dot next to the time when you get a notification. You then swipe right and the icons appear. You click on an icon and it gives you a small preview of what it is then you can click again and open the phone and it will go directly to that app. Example is an email where it shows the Gmail icon, with a click it will show who its from and the subject then with another click and open of the phone it goes straight to that email.

One small improvement here would be of the outside screen was always on which it is sadly not. There are no customisations unfortunately.

Yes I wish we could have an always on option. Using it i realized even preview time is short it just suddenly goes off this mini display. Hopefully someone makes an app or samsung enables always on for the outside display.
15th February 2020, 07:06 PM |#7  
Quote:

Agreed, I have had all 4 generations of Pixel and will be hard not to have the always on display. Would have minimal batter impact being so small, too.
The Following User Says Thank You to mdmogren For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mdmogren Ad-Free
15th February 2020, 11:46 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Just setting it up now, feel free to fire any questions at me and i'll do my best to answer !

Build impressions out of the box - solid, premium, hinge seems just right and screen seems excellent.

battery life? how many hours of screen could you get with it? i am very interested in it. but my only dude it is the battery life
17th February 2020, 09:20 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Any idea whether Light Manager, Holey or other similar app would be able to force an always-on indicator on the cover screen?
17th February 2020, 10:48 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandoth1

battery life? how many hours of screen could you get with it? i am very interested in it. but my only dude it is the battery life

I've not had chance to do as full battery drain check yet but anecdotally it seems ok. Battery stats tell me that the other day i took it off charge at 1am and by 4pm it was down to 40% with about 3 hours screen on time.
The Following User Says Thank You to orbital247 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift orbital247 Ad-Free
17th February 2020, 12:08 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

I've not had chance to do as full battery drain check yet but anecdotally it seems ok. Battery stats tell me that the other day i took it off charge at 1am and by 4pm it was down to 40% with about 3 hours screen on time.

I think i Will buy It. I am in LOVE with this mobile
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)