FORUMS

Who's taken the plunge ?

120 posts
Thanks Meter: 22

By orbital247, Senior Member on 12th February 2020, 11:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have being a long term mobile enthusiast recently I've been really bored of the same old design. This maybe early adopter in terms of build and functionality, but it is also second gen so hoping they've learned the lessons from the Fold.

Roll on Friday

Interested to see the uptake as trying to order from the Samsung website it was obvious there was demand.
12th February 2020, 07:07 PM |#2  
User Experience Admin
Thanks Meter: 7,315

More
I've been thinking about this a lot.

What I don't like is that in order to use the phone, you have to use two hands to open it, from what I've heard from people with the phone. Compared with my Note 10 +, which has an even bigger screen, yet I can use it one-handed.

So---who is this for? People that want a big screen but a small footprint? I don't mind how the Note 10+ feels in my pocket.

Hmmmmmmmmmm
13th February 2020, 02:01 PM |#3  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 168

More
i have pre-ordered it and should be getting it tomorrow. been bored of the same glass slab looking phones. this will offer something different and of i what i read, it has the upgraded cameras of the S20 not the Note 10 which is good.
13th February 2020, 02:35 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by varun.gid

i have pre-ordered it and should be getting it tomorrow. been bored of the same glass slab looking phones. this will offer something different and of i what i read, it has the upgraded cameras of the S20 not the Note 10 which is good.

Absolutely with you there on the reason to buy.

Most of the reviews I've seen seem to say it is last years Note10 camera and the spec's on GSMArena seem to confirm that with only the aperture being different:

Note10 12 MP, f/1.5-2.4, 27mm (wide), 1/2.55", 1.4µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS
ZFlip 12 MP, f/1.8, 27mm (wide), 1/2.55", 1.4µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS
S20 12 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/1.76", 1.8µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS

Was hoping for the main camera off the S20 myself, GSMArena aren't often wrong sadly
13th February 2020, 02:48 PM |#5  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 168

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbital247

Absolutely with you there on the reason to buy.

Most of the reviews I've seen seem to say it is last years Note10 camera and the spec's on GSMArena seem to confirm that with only the aperture being different:

Note10 12 MP, f/1.5-2.4, 27mm (wide), 1/2.55", 1.4µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS
ZFlip 12 MP, f/1.8, 27mm (wide), 1/2.55", 1.4µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS
S20 12 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/1.76", 1.8µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS

Was hoping for the main camera off the S20 myself, GSMArena aren't often wrong sadly

Well i was seeing video of the tech chap and he said it's the camera from S20. Let's see once i get it I'll check it out. Not that Note camera is bad so even then I'll be Happy. Was looking forward at Razr but it's a total disappointing device minus the peek screen in the front. Wish Samsung got a bigger display in the front.
14th February 2020, 07:32 AM |#6  
I have been trying, not open to Sprint or AT&T tho. Samsung.com says out of stock, Best Buy "confirmed" but no delivery date.
14th February 2020, 09:39 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 188

More
I like it. You're getting nice tall screen while tiny in pocket. No longer 6 inch terror in pockets, notably the difficulty removing nowadays phone out of pocket, especially when sitting. You get decent weight. You get extra screen for notifications. Interesting.
15th February 2020, 01:38 AM |#8  
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmogren

I have been trying, not open to Sprint or AT&T tho. Samsung.com says out of stock, Best Buy "confirmed" but no delivery date.

My BB order shipped, but UPS ground shipping (I didn't pay attention to if there was an upgrade option or not when ordering).
Tracking says delivery Wed 2/19.
16th February 2020, 06:19 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I ordered the thom browne edition. From all the buzz on YouTube and reviews before the release date. I knew it was going sell fairly quickly. I have a ship date of March 9th. Originally when it was ordered it had a date of the 6th. Im on the fence if I should cancel the order. I spend a lot of time on my phone, the main selling point was the use of duo on the desk by simply folding. I travel a bit so this a big plus when checking in with the family. I don't have to travel with my cell phone stand. I don't really text much, but I do play a lot of pokemon go. I've been trying to find a review someone playing mobile games but I have yet to see one. I'm coming from a s10 plus with ceramic backing that is super nice. They credit me only 310 as the trade in value of the phone. So I may just either keep it or privately sell it I think I can sell for a lot more than 310. Anyway I'm still not sure if I should cancel the order.
17th February 2020, 09:42 PM |#11  
Flag Greenville, SC
Thanks Meter: 769

More
Yes, I'm nuts...I picked up a Note 10+ 5G in Dec. A OnePlus 7t Pro McLaren in Jan and just got the fold 2 weeks ago. My Z Flip arrives tomorrow. I'm now on all 4 major US carriers...Still cheaper than buying cars like I used to 😁
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike02z For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mike02z Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)