FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Quality issue rusting lock

38 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By REDOXON, Member on 25th September 2014, 03:18 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

after a few weeks of using the gear fit lock is oxidizes. Does somebody else have the problem?

Name:  aa2014-09-23-13.51.28.jpg
Views: 1933
Size:  43.1 KB

25th September 2014, 03:48 AM |#2  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 25

Donate to Me
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDOXON

Hi,

after a few weeks of using the gear fit lock is oxidizes. Does somebody else have the problem?

I weared my fear fit for a month, only take off when take a bath, everything like new, no dirty no oxidizes
25th September 2014, 02:23 PM |#3  
Flag Ankara
Thanks Meter: 174

More
Yes, I have the same problem.

SM-G900F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
25th September 2014, 10:41 PM |#4  
Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I never noticed it...
... until your post. Now when I take a closeup look it looks terrible.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140925_231837(3).jpg - [Click for QR Code] (100.2 KB, 290 views)
26th September 2014, 07:57 AM |#5  
OP Member

More
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunclair

... until your post. Now when I take a closeup look it looks terrible.

lock

How long do you have your gear fit? That's unbelievable. Seems Samsung is using the wrong material or plating.
26th September 2014, 09:31 AM |#6  
Flag Minneapolis, MN US
Thanks Meter: 38

More
It's salt and water. Odds are they used zinc and nickel for plating. No toxicity worries there. EDIT: If you're not allergic. Watch for that. Some folk get some pretty serious reactions, and they can vary quite a bit between reactions.

Some of that looks like wear, though. That's definitely a manufacturing flaw/bad design/cheap product.

Keep an old toothbrush or the head of one if you use and electric, and give them a good scrub every day that you wash your car (same idea). Hopefully that's about once a week. Maybe put some sort of machine friendly oil (mineral oil, bike lube) on (wipe off the excess with a tissue).

It might get some results for better future products if you let them know about it. You may even get a new band.

Mostly, though, thanks for the heads up! I know now to do all that stuff.
29th September 2014, 05:41 AM |#7  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 224

More
Mine is also rusting, I just noticed it. Also the plastic "chrome" looking bezel around the face is chipping off. It's black plastic underneath. I wonder if that is covered under warranty? I've only had the Gear Fit for three months.
29th September 2014, 06:21 AM |#8  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xuser

Mine is also rusting, I just noticed it. Also the plastic "chrome" looking bezel around the face is chipping off. It's black plastic underneath. I wonder if that is covered under warranty? I've only had the Gear Fit for three months.

Somehow good to see that's not only me with this issue. On my next trip to the City I will go to a Samsung brand store and see what they have say about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to REDOXON For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift REDOXON Ad-Free
29th September 2014, 01:10 PM |#9  
Flag Warszawa
Thanks Meter: 36

More
That is my....

3rd October 2014, 09:51 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 113

More
Same here, normal use, no salt water swimming.
3rd November 2014, 02:49 AM |#11  
OP Member

More
Update: Now the lock is broken
Guys take care of your Gear Fit if you have the same issue as above that you don't lose it on the go. Yesterday my lock broke in to pieces when I opened the bracelet. I'll send picture later..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)