FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Gear Fit 2 - No answer icon for incoming calls

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By d_whatley, Junior Member on 9th March 2017, 07:34 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
With help from this and other forums and buying 2 great watch faces (wishing for apps instead of watch faces), I have my Gear Fit2 functioning rather well. I can get notifications (installing but not attaching Android Wear may have made notifications finally work), connect to my Google Calendar (great watch face), get to a dozen -- or so apps that are on other gear products (another great watch face), get incoming call information, reject the call, send a canned text and call back a missed/rejected call but I do not have the green answer icon and no amount of typing or swiping will answer the call. Any suggestions?

LG GS4 phone

9th March 2017, 11:09 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Are you talking about picking up a call from within the watch? That can't be done, only reject or reject with quick reply..
12th March 2017, 09:29 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Answer only available on Samsung phones
Quote:
Originally Posted by talmarsh

Are you talking about picking up a call from within the watch? That can't be done, only reject or reject with quick reply..

Yes, accepting a call was supposed to be available even though you cannot use the watch to communicate verbally. I found a post that mentions the answer feature was only available on Samsung phones for the S3 so I suspected this is true for the Fit2 as well.

Such nice hardware is so wasted by the limits imposed by Samsung. If it were not for the wonderful watch faces by Stefan Thomas (qooapps), I would have given up on this watch. I hope Samsung will release other API's for independent developers.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)