Thanks Meter: 12

By VIVES_Matt, Member on 28th November 2015, 05:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th April 2016, 10:52 AM |#211  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadhuh

Any update on a gear manage app for iOS?

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Does any one know if I update it to the latest firmware that is released that's like 70mb if I will be able to downgrade later cuz I wanna check if it will work with the iPhone if I update it.

I've found this on a forum :
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zg...1416032201.ipa

It's an iPhone app, I think test version...
I do not even know if it's not a fake app, but I think no, as it is translated without any error

I've tried, but the app says that I have to upgrade my S2... since I don't have any feedback of this app, I'm not sure I want to upgrade, with the risk of loosing BT connectivity with my iphone...

Does anybody already tested ?

If someone tries, try it at your own risks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5869.png
Views:	5290
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	3716936   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5870.png
Views:	5360
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	3716937   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5871.png
Views:	5322
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	3716938  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to matchev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift matchev Ad-Free

13th April 2016, 11:53 AM |#212  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Hi,
I've have found this yesterday on Google+. Not tested yet.
What is your FW ?
13th April 2016, 12:51 PM |#213  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I tried on my iPhone and it works fine.
I've firmware BOKK.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rino76 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rino76 Ad-Free
13th April 2016, 12:59 PM |#214  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Do you receive notifications and can reply?
13th April 2016, 01:03 PM |#215  

More
The only thing that works when the app is open, if I close my Gear manager disconnects the watch

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski21

Do you receive notifications and can reply?

I receive the messages but I can not answer because the messaging app is not present

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Idem with notifications
13th April 2016, 01:04 PM |#216  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Thanks for the feedback. I can't upgrade my S2 with wifi I think I have to do it with an Android phone
13th April 2016, 01:04 PM |#217  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rino76

The only thing that works when the app is open, if I close my Gear manager disconnects the watch

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

I receive the messages but I can not answer because the messaging app is not present

Did you mean 'close the apps' or killed it on task switcher?
Is it work with the apps running on background?
13th April 2016, 01:32 PM |#218  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by niemans14

Did you mean 'close the apps' or killed it on task switcher?

Is it work with the apps running on background?

I meant when I close Gear manager
13th April 2016, 02:31 PM |#219  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I installed Samsung gear app on iphone and it says NO GEAR DEVICES. App says to update gear software. My version software on samsung gear s2 is: R720XXU2BOKK. Version: KNOX. I will try to update it with a samsung mobile and then I will come back to the iphone and try it.
Just to give more information, my girfriend has a Samsung gear s2 too and she has version software: R720XXU2AOJ3. Version: KNOXX. She is able to pair the iphone with her samsung gear s2 without the application, just as a bluetooth device. I was able to do it as well but I made a big mistake of pairing it with a samsung mobile and I updated the software of the samsung gear s2, then came back to my iphone and the Iphone didn't find samsung gear S2.
13th April 2016, 02:37 PM |#220  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Finally some good news. I have a feeling that the app is ready and we just gotta wait for it to be published.

It looks very legit. I don't think someone would go all the way to make a fake gear manager app for iphone.
I have a feeling it is close
The Following User Says Thank You to VIVES_Matt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift VIVES_Matt Ad-Free
13th April 2016, 02:38 PM |#221  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edu333

I installed Samsung gear app on iphone and it says NO GEAR DEVICES. App says to update gear software. My version software on samsung gear s2 is: R720XXU2BOKK. Version: KNOX. I will try to update it with a samsung mobile and then I will come back to the iphone and try it.

Just to give more information, my girfriend has a Samsung gear s2 too and she has version software: R720XXU2AOJ3. Version: KNOXX. She is able to pair the iphone with her samsung gear s2 without the application, just as a bluetooth device. I was able to do it as well but I made a big mistake of pairing it with a samsung mobile and I updated the software of the samsung gear s2, then came back to my iphone and the Iphone didn't find samsung gear S2.

I had firmware OJ3 and Gear manager not found. Then I upgraded firmware BOKK and s2 Gear detected and coupled
The Following User Says Thank You to rino76 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rino76 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)