FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Korean Firmware update November 20 2015

348 posts
Thanks Meter: 167

By supersoulfly, Senior Member on 20th November 2015, 12:45 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Well Korea got another firmware update this morning. The update never gave details but here is what I've found so far:

In the settings under Device, there is now an "Auto open apps" option. Basically when you scroll through your apps list, whatever app you stop on will automatically open.

Also in the settings under "connections" there's an alert option now to be notified via vibration when disconnected from your phone.

Under the display setting there's now a screen timeout option. 15 secs, 30 secs, 1 min, or 5 minutes.

Also some bloatware was added. Apps added were a world clock, starbucks, a korean navigation app, and the flipboard news briefing app. There's also a few watchfaces added, nothing new, same ones shown at the initial unveiling. All of them can be uninstalled thankfully.

There's a notification indicator option now also in display. It will make a little orange circle appear on your watchface until you've viewed the notification. Only works if you don't have notifications set to automatically turn on your screen in the Gear Android app.

When reading the text of a notification, it will make the font larger if you double tap the screen.

Cosmetic differences:
now says "add widget" under the + symbol when you scroll all the way right.

On a notification, when you swipe up to dismiss, it now shows a trash can.

For a notification reply, the emoji symbol has been replaced with a more traditional circle happy face.

When you scroll right on the watchfaces menu there's an option to "Add template" now. It then lets you choose from the watchfaces that can be stylized and make a new face from them.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to supersoulfly For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift supersoulfly Ad-Free

20th November 2015, 03:53 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Some useful updates, thanks for sharing..

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
23rd November 2015, 03:28 PM |#3  
Flag La Palma
Thanks Meter: 50

More
The screen timeout option was the thing I was waiting for. Good they have it now.
23rd November 2015, 07:34 PM |#4  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Thx for sharing.
How are the updates rolled out? Seems that austria does not get much love from Sammy...
Is there a way to force the update?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
23rd November 2015, 09:22 PM |#5  
Flag Miami Beach, Florida
Thanks Meter: 17

More
I'm looking forward to having the "Vibration when disconnected" feature back. Had it with the Gear S
The Following User Says Thank You to jez924 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jez924 Ad-Free
23rd November 2015, 11:08 PM |#6  
Flag Brisbane Queensland
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Any update on sleep monitoring?
The Following User Says Thank You to 95SKY For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 95SKY Ad-Free
24th November 2015, 12:22 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seoul, Korea

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95SKY

Any update on sleep monitoring?

I noticed small cosmetic changes inside the S-health app, but nothing else beyond that. I've found nothing related to sleep monitoring.

Also checked yesterday to see if a reminder can be set using S-Voice, and that is also still broken.
24th November 2015, 01:30 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I can't believe they didn't map the top button to toggle most recent app... it's so annoying having to go back to the app screen to get to your music app while running... the button is basically wasted without a double click or long press option.

I glad they brought back the vibrate when disconnected function.
24th November 2015, 02:17 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrsharp70

I can't believe they didn't map the top button to toggle most recent app... it's so annoying having to go back to the app screen to get to your music app while running... the button is basically wasted without a double click or long press option.

I glad they brought back the vibrate when disconnected function.

In SHealth I'm able to swipe/twist to the right and get to the music controller, which then returns to SHealth when I press the back button.
24th November 2015, 02:39 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seoul, Korea

More
Coming from Pebble I expected apps to be persistent and not just to have the watch exit home to the watchface everytime the display times out. It's really nice to have a persistent app for a music player. I could adjust the track or volume without looking at my wrist. And it's also greatly needed for the stopwatch. A settings option for persistent apps would be great.
24th November 2015, 03:05 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
My Gear app updated this morning, I see no change in the watch. The app on the phone has a whole new layout, but nothing has changed on the watch. Still shows the same J3 software version. I rebooted the watch and nothing. Do I have to reboot my phone? I hate to try this as it always breaks my weather app and I have to totally uninstall all gear apps on the phone and factory reset the watch to get it working again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)