FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor View 10

Recurrent Set Screen Lock Message

297 posts
Thanks Meter: 80

By arjuna_, Senior Member on 26th November 2017, 12:45 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have an issue since I upgraded to Tizen 3 that I can't find the answer for. I keep getting a recurrent message saying EAS requires a PIN to access email content. The dumb thing is I already have a PIN and the phone is set to Gear Lock with Payments only. I type in the PIN I have and re-enter it only for the message to come back again in a few minutes.

This problem is very new for me since Tizen 3 and it happens even after a factory reset. It is so annoying.

I have a corporate email on my phone but I don't understand why it keeps coming up even though I have a PIN already on the watch.

Please help!!

26th November 2017, 04:08 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have the same issue its crazy frustrating how can we fix?
26th November 2017, 05:48 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Is that a new issue for you since Tizen 3 update? This has never happened to me prior to the update.

As others have said before I'm pretty unhappy with this update. I have worse battery life, the Gear VR integration hasn't worked for me, and this PIN thing is crazy frustrating.
26th November 2017, 10:04 PM |#4  
Flag Richmond, VA
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I'm having the issue as well, and I have no corporate email, just Gmail. This only started happening after the Tizen 3.0 update and has persisted through a device hard reset.

One thing I'm wondering is if my watch strap is causing the issue. It seems Tizen 3.0 is handling things differently with determining if you're wearing the watch by relying on the heart rate sensor. I think it relied on gyroscope before. All I know is my NATO strap suddenly prevents AOD entirely and notifications only work if I set it to show them even when I'm not wearing the watch. I'm guessing the strap running between the watch and my wrist might be causing the PIN issue because it thinks I'm taking my watch off.
26th November 2017, 11:51 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
The thought about the strap is an interesting one and one I thought may be at play as well. It would be a disaster if that is what is causing it because I don't know if there is a good fix for that.

Anyone recommend any straps that potentially could fix this problem?
27th November 2017, 02:18 AM |#6  
Flag Richmond, VA
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjuna_

The thought about the strap is an interesting one and one I thought may be at play as well. It would be a disaster if that is what is causing it because I don't know if there is a good fix for that.

Anyone recommend any straps that potentially could fix this problem?

I just put a regular strap back on and AOD and notifications work normally now. Unfortunately it doesn't affect the issue in this thread. Even with a regular band that doesn't go between the watch and my wrist I'm still getting the EAS PIN issue.
12th January 2018, 04:52 AM |#7  
Philadelphia

More
Seems like there is NO solution to this problem. I'm about to sell this it's driving me nuts.
14th January 2018, 06:56 AM |#8  
Philadelphia

More
Knock on wood, I just updated to Beta 6 Oreo on my GS8+ and have not yet seen this error.
14th January 2018, 02:40 PM |#9  

More
Clear your phone's app data
I fixed this problem a while back... I also had a problem with the gear app on my phone crashing repeatedly. I think it was by going to settings on my phone, selecting storage, internal storage, apps, Samsung gear, clear data. It will erase your steps, etc. But in my case fixed the problems. By the way, I got this fix by calling Samsung support.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)