Get the OnePlus 6 early at a pop-up event in your city →
FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

I succesfully changed my CSC to XAR to enable samsung pay. SM-R770.

11 posts
Thanks Meter: 13

By namrepus2010, Junior Member on 12th December 2017, 12:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello Everyone. I have some awesome news for anyone who wants to activate samsung pay on ANY gear s3 classic (SM-R770). I have successfully changed my CSC to XAR (which is the csc for USA)

DISCLAIMER: this is a detailed account of what i did and it worked for me. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Ok so first i want to say thanks to @BiggPharma , @xedamen , @Honestly Annoying , and @adfree as i used guides produced by each of them to do this.

What youll need:

Netodin3

files for current firmware. I got mine from @xedamen post:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/gea...-r770-t3646789

files for the stock combonation firmware from @HonestlyAnnoying post:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/gea...-r770-t3584402

shout out to @BiggPharma for the guide that relates to SM-R760

INSTRUCTIONS:
----------------

1. Check reactivation lock is off
- On your phone, go to Samsung Gear App
- Go to Setttings Tab, choose "Find my Gear"
- Make sure Reactivation Lock is off

2. Connect your watch to your PC
- Hold down the home/power button until you see the "rebooting" screen
- Release the home/power button then quickly press it three times to bring up the boot menu
- Quick press the home/power button to cycle through the menu to "Download (wireless)"
- Long press the home/button to confirm the menu selection
- The phone will then go into WPS mode
- Double press the home/power button to change to AP mode
- On your PC, enable WiFi and connect to the access point on you watch.
NOTE: Until you successfully connect to NetOdin, your watch may display red text stating "Connection Timeout" - this is OK
- Open up NetOdin. You should now be connected to your watch (you should see the IP in the NetOdin window and "Connected to xx.xx.xx.xx" on your watch face.
NOTE: I had to disable Windows Defender public firewall temporarily for NetOdin to work properly

3. Flash combination firmware
- Load the unzipped .tar.md5 file into the "AP" box of NetOdin, wait for it to finish checking then click "Start". This should take about 10 minutes to complete after clicking "Start".
NOTE: I reccomend unchecking auto-reboot in the NetOdin3 program so it doesnt restart after flashing.

4. Flash CSC file from stock firmware
- Load the unzipped CSC_xxx.tar.md5 file into the "CSC" box of NetOdin, wait for it to finish checking then click "Start". This should take about 1-2 minutes to complete after clicking "Start".

5. Factory reset
- In your Gear, go to Settings > Gear Info > Reset Gear > Confirm
NOTE: BiggPharma got a warning at this stage that Reactivation Lock was on. Don't know why they got this message as they had definitely turned it off in step 1. They ignored it (no guts, no glory!) and was fine. Your mileage may vary. I however did not have this happen

6. Set CSC code
- In the Gear, go to the Tizen Keystring app
NOTE: screenshots of what your interface will look like: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...5&postcount=13
- Type in the following code exactly: *#272*719434266344#
- You will be taken to a list of CSC codes that you can scroll through. Find the code you want to change to and select it. I used "XAR" for US so that i could use samsung pay.

7. Reflash complete current stock ROM
- Load the unzipped CSC_xxx.tar.md5 file into the "CSC" box of NetOdin, wait for it to finish checking.
- Load the unzipped AP_xxx.tar.md5 file into the "AP" box of NetOdin, wait for it to finish checking.
- Load the unzipped BL_xxx.tar.md5 file into the "BL" box of NetOdin, wait for it to finish checking.
- Click "Start". This should take about 15 minutes to complete after clicking "OK".

You are done!

i also should mention after i put the current stock firmware it got a FOTA update to R770XXU2BQH1.

ALSO shoutout to @adfree for being so awesome and helping xedamen which enabled me to do all this. he also pmed me and replyed to my comments with some useful info.
To everyone who helped me thanks a billion. you made my birthday (today) AMAZING.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to namrepus2010 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift namrepus2010 Ad-Free

12th December 2017, 04:55 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I will try to do it with my watch, I want to change it from spanish to korean to be able to use my korean cards, cause spay is not even activated in Spain xdd
12th December 2017, 05:09 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3,889

More
You could try Sales Code:
Code:
KOO
For Korea...
But no guarantee it will help...

It depend also on Firmware Version... and for SM-R770 we have only BQC5 public... not BQH1 nor CQK3 (Tizen 3)...

SM-R760 user can play with more Firmware:
BQC5 or BQH1 or CQK3

See posts, where users after downgrade from CQK3 lost Spay... for instance:
Code:
SER - Russia
Also not forget the Phone part...

It is an chain/riddle/puzzle... to find all working incredients...

Best Regards
12th December 2017, 06:53 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfree

It depend also on Firmware Version... and for SM-R770 we have only BQC5 public... not BQH1 nor CQK3 (Tizen 3)...

SM-R760 user can play with more Firmware:
BQC5 or BQH1 or CQK3

i also should mention after i put the current stock firmware it got a FOTA update to BQH1.
13th December 2017, 01:12 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
downgrade tizen 3 -> tizen 2 and change region
Please correct me if I am wrong.

my gear s3 - r770
ap r770xxu2cqk3
csc r770oxa2cqk3

3. I should lflash from https://forum.xda-developers.com/gea...-r770-t3646789
4. I can't find CSC file in stock combination. Where i can get it?
6. I should flash from https://forum.xda-developers.com/gea...-r770-t3584402
13th December 2017, 06:20 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akakiy

Please correct me if I am wrong.

my gear s3 - r770
ap r770xxu2cqk3
csc r770oxa2cqk3

3. I should lflash from https://forum.xda-developers.com/gea...-r770-t3646789
4. I can't find CSC file in stock combination. Where i can get it?
6. I should flash from https://forum.xda-developers.com/gea...-r770-t3584402

Sorry if what I'm posting confused you.

3. This is where you flash the FACTORY combination firmware.
4. The csc that you are flashing is from whatever firmware you are currently using. The reason for this is because if the csc is downgraded I read that it gets put into a bootloop that soft locks your watch. So you have factory firmware with your same csc.
6. You shouldn't be flashing anything in this step. This step is basically going into a certain menu and changing the watches internal sales code.
13th December 2017, 07:49 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by namrepus2010

Sorry if what I'm posting confused you.

3. This is where you flash the FACTORY combination firmware.
4. The csc that you are flashing is from whatever firmware you are currently using. The reason for this is because if the csc is downgraded I read that it gets put into a bootloop that soft locks your watch. So you have factory firmware with your same csc.
6. You shouldn't be flashing anything in this step. This step is basically going into a certain menu and changing the watches internal sales code.

Thank you for answer.

4. I'am using Tizen 3 and i have no CSC "r770oxa2cqk3" from this version. Сan I solve this problem?
13th December 2017, 07:52 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akakiy

Thank you for answer.

4. I'am using Tizen 3 and i have no CSC "r770oxa2cqk3" from this version. Сan I solve this problem?

@adfree would probably be able to answer that. AFAIK there is no release for cqk3
13th December 2017, 08:06 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 3,889

More
Meanwhile I have CQK3 and also Combination Firmware CQK2 for SM-R770...

I could upload...

Best Regards
13th December 2017, 08:21 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfree

Meanwhile I have CQK3 and also Combination Firmware CQK2 for SM-R770...

I could upload...

Best Regards

@Akakiy maybe pm adfree and get the firmware and do do my guide with the firmware he provides.
16th December 2017, 06:12 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Gear S2 Spay issue
Can I Use the same steps on my Gear S2? (of course if I can find the firmware for it)

Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)