DISCLAIMER: this is a detailed account of what i did and it worked for me. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Ok so first i want to say thanks to @BiggPharma , @xedamen , @Honestly Annoying , and @adfree as i used guides produced by each of them to do this.
What youll need:
files for current firmware. I got mine from @xedamen post:
files for the stock combonation firmware from @HonestlyAnnoying post:
shout out to @BiggPharma for the guide that relates to SM-R760
1. Check reactivation lock is off
- On your phone, go to Samsung Gear App
- Go to Setttings Tab, choose "Find my Gear"
- Make sure Reactivation Lock is off
2. Connect your watch to your PC
- Hold down the home/power button until you see the "rebooting" screen
- Release the home/power button then quickly press it three times to bring up the boot menu
- Quick press the home/power button to cycle through the menu to "Download (wireless)"
- Long press the home/button to confirm the menu selection
- The phone will then go into WPS mode
- Double press the home/power button to change to AP mode
- On your PC, enable WiFi and connect to the access point on you watch.
NOTE: Until you successfully connect to NetOdin, your watch may display red text stating "Connection Timeout" - this is OK
- Open up NetOdin. You should now be connected to your watch (you should see the IP in the NetOdin window and "Connected to xx.xx.xx.xx" on your watch face.
NOTE: I had to disable Windows Defender public firewall temporarily for NetOdin to work properly
3. Flash combination firmware
- Load the unzipped .tar.md5 file into the "AP" box of NetOdin, wait for it to finish checking then click "Start". This should take about 10 minutes to complete after clicking "Start".
NOTE: I reccomend unchecking auto-reboot in the NetOdin3 program so it doesnt restart after flashing.
4. Flash CSC file from stock firmware
- Load the unzipped CSC_xxx.tar.md5 file into the "CSC" box of NetOdin, wait for it to finish checking then click "Start". This should take about 1-2 minutes to complete after clicking "Start".
5. Factory reset
- In your Gear, go to Settings > Gear Info > Reset Gear > Confirm
NOTE: BiggPharma got a warning at this stage that Reactivation Lock was on. Don't know why they got this message as they had definitely turned it off in step 1. They ignored it (no guts, no glory!) and was fine. Your mileage may vary. I however did not have this happen
6. Set CSC code
- In the Gear, go to the Tizen Keystring app
NOTE: screenshots of what your interface will look like: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...5&postcount=13
- Type in the following code exactly: *#272*719434266344#
- You will be taken to a list of CSC codes that you can scroll through. Find the code you want to change to and select it. I used "XAR" for US so that i could use samsung pay.
7. Reflash complete current stock ROM
- Load the unzipped CSC_xxx.tar.md5 file into the "CSC" box of NetOdin, wait for it to finish checking.
- Load the unzipped AP_xxx.tar.md5 file into the "AP" box of NetOdin, wait for it to finish checking.
- Load the unzipped BL_xxx.tar.md5 file into the "BL" box of NetOdin, wait for it to finish checking.
- Click "Start". This should take about 15 minutes to complete after clicking "OK".
You are done!
i also should mention after i put the current stock firmware it got a FOTA update to R770XXU2BQH1.
ALSO shoutout to @adfree for being so awesome and helping xedamen which enabled me to do all this. he also pmed me and replyed to my comments with some useful info.
To everyone who helped me thanks a billion. you made my birthday (today) AMAZING.