I succesfully changed my CSC to XAR to enable samsung pay. SM-R770.

Search This thread

winbytrick

May 11, 2011
Reactions: adfree

MeLCORE711

Jun 27, 2017
Thank you to all authors to finally fix this region lock!
May I ask one thing - watch is already updated to tizen 3.0.0.1 (R770XXU2CQL1), do I need to downgrade it first to tizen 2 and the follow the instruction in the topic header? Or I just start with instruction?
To downgrage I just need to flash older rom?
Thank you in advance.

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Samsung Galaxy S22
NOTE: I reccomend unchecking auto-reboot in the NetOdin3 program so it doesnt restart after flashing.

I have no idea if this is the reason to fail 100 %...

My personal opinion... IMHO.

NOT play with any Odin settings... nor netOdin

Use standard settings!!!

Don't touch any settings!

Only select file(s) for flashing...

Best Regards

Reactions: MeLCORE711

MeLCORE711

Jun 27, 2017
Okay. just want to confirm that method worked fine for me.

I flashed combination SW first, then flashed CSC/changed region and finally installed standard rom.
I did not uncheck auto-reboot as per Adfree's advice above.
Only thing I had to switch my gear to AP mode for every step.
Also I had to disable my firewall and anivirus to make NetOdin connected to my gear.
In the end I have re-installed Gear app on my phone and updated my gear to tizen 3 by standard Samsung update.

Thank you very much again to all authors helping to find solution for region change!

namrepus2010

Dec 12, 2017
I unchecked auto reboot so I could flash the 2 files I'm one shot and not have it reboot between. Your welcome yo do what you like but that's what I did and it worked perfectly.

wmelillo

Nov 28, 2008
Can someone help me?

Alguém pode me ajudar? Segui as etapas para mudar o CSC, mas quando terminei o passo 5 (reset de fábrica), você não mais entrou no modo de configuração e não pode mais manter a rede sem fio. Existem ações que posso tentar ou apenas no suporte técnico da Samsung?

_RainMaker

Jan 2, 2018
Alguém pode me ajudar? Segui as etapas para mudar o CSC, mas quando terminei o passo 5 (reset de fábrica), você não mais entrou no modo de configuração e não pode mais manter a rede sem fio. Existem ações que posso tentar ou apenas no suporte técnico da Samsung?

Use google translate and then post. don't make us translate for you

faceless

Feb 24, 2008
Thanks to everyone that worked on and fleshed out this solution!

Saved me from having to return to a 3rd party Amazon seller that claimed they were selling US models and sent me a Canadian model...

LucaBLK

Mar 6, 2018
Hello All,

i'm reading all this threads with lot of interest and congrats to everybody for the effort you put on this.

I would need help to understand if is possible to change my region from actual DBT (german) to ITV (Italy) to enable Spay on my R770 classic

I currently have firmware R770XXU2CQL1 tizen 3.0.0.1
Can someone help me undestand the entire procedure and the files i need to use for my region?
Do i have to downgrade first before to change region code? If yes, which firmware do i have to use for it?
Is also possible to have an updated link for netodin? The link i found around are all dead.

Thanks in advance

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

Another question,
i also didn't understand how to access the Tizen Keystring app...
...i know that for someone these could be stupid questions, sorry for that

LucaBLK

Mar 6, 2018
Thanks again for your help @adfree

But i still have some doubt on this step

6. Set CSC code
- In the Gear, go to the Tizen Keystring app
NOTE: screenshots of what your interface will look like: https://xdaforums.com/sho...5&postcount=13
- Type in the following code exactly: *#272*719434266344#
- You will be taken to a list of CSC codes that you can scroll through. Find the code you want to change to and select it. I used "XAR" for US so that i could use samsung pay.

How do i access Tizen Keystring app? Do i have to use some sdk?

LucaBLK

Mar 6, 2018
Thanks again for help @adfree

video are really clear.

Unfortunately i soft bricked my watch just after the CSC flash step.
Everything went ok during transfer, or this is what ODIN said, but the watch was stuck in bootload screen and the wi-fi download is no more available.

Now the watch is in samsung for fix :D

LucaBLK

Mar 6, 2018
Yes

I unchecked auto-reboot option

and then the screen i had trying to enter download wi-fi it's exactly that one without possibility to choose from any option.

After that i tried different ways to unlock the watch, also the procedure in the link you just posted, but without success.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Everyone. I have some awesome news for anyone who wants to activate samsung pay on ANY gear s3 classic (SM-R770). I have successfully changed my CSC to XAR (which is the csc for USA)

DISCLAIMER: this is a detailed account of what i did and it worked for me. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Ok so first i want to say thanks to @BiggPharma , @xedamen , @Honestly Annoying , and @adfree as i used guides produced by each of them to do this.

What youll need:

Netodin3

files for current firmware. I got mine from @xedamen post:
    https://xdaforums.com/gear-s3/how-to/rom-samsung-gear-s3-classic-sm-r770-t3646789

files for the stock combonation firmware from @HonestlyAnnoying post:
    https://xdaforums.com/gear-s3/development/rom-samsung-gear-s3-sm-r770-t3584402

shout out to @BiggPharma for the guide that relates to SM-R760

INSTRUCTIONS:
    ----------------

1. Check reactivation lock is off
    - On your phone, go to Samsung Gear App
    - Go to Setttings Tab, choose "Find my Gear"
    - Make sure Reactivation Lock is off

2. Connect your watch to your PC
    - Hold down the home/power button until you see the "rebooting" screen
    - Release the home/power button then quickly press it three times to bring up the boot menu
    - Quick press the home/power button to cycle through the menu to "Download (wireless)"
    - Long press the home/button to confirm the menu selection
    - The phone will then go into WPS mode
    - Double press the home/power button to change to AP mode
    - On your PC, enable WiFi and connect to the access point on you watch.
    NOTE: Until you successfully connect to NetOdin, your watch may display red text stating "Connection Timeout" - this is OK
    - Open up NetOdin. You should now be connected to your watch (you should see the IP in the NetOdin window and "Connected to xx.xx.xx.xx" on your watch face.
    NOTE: I had to disable Windows Defender public firewall temporarily for NetOdin to work properly

3. Flash combination firmware
    - Load the unzipped .tar.md5 file into the "AP" box of NetOdin, wait for it to finish checking then click "Start". This should take about 10 minutes to complete after clicking "Start".
    NOTE: I reccomend unchecking auto-reboot in the NetOdin3 program so it doesnt restart after flashing.

4. Flash CSC file from stock firmware
    - Load the unzipped CSC_xxx.tar.md5 file into the "CSC" box of NetOdin, wait for it to finish checking then click "Start". This should take about 1-2 minutes to complete after clicking "Start".

5. Factory reset
    - In your Gear, go to Settings > Gear Info > Reset Gear > Confirm
    NOTE: BiggPharma got a warning at this stage that Reactivation Lock was on. Don't know why they got this message as they had definitely turned it off in step 1. They ignored it (no guts, no glory!) and was fine. Your mileage may vary. I however did not have this happen

6. Set CSC code
    - In the Gear, go to the Tizen Keystring app
    NOTE: screenshots of what your interface will look like: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=74591475&postcount=13
    - Type in the following code exactly: *#272*719434266344#
    - You will be taken to a list of CSC codes that you can scroll through. Find the code you want to change to and select it. I used "XAR" for US so that i could use samsung pay.

7. Reflash complete current stock ROM
    - Load the unzipped CSC_xxx.tar.md5 file into the "CSC" box of NetOdin, wait for it to finish checking.
    - Load the unzipped AP_xxx.tar.md5 file into the "AP" box of NetOdin, wait for it to finish checking.
    - Load the unzipped BL_xxx.tar.md5 file into the "BL" box of NetOdin, wait for it to finish checking.
    - Click "Start". This should take about 15 minutes to complete after clicking "OK".

You are done!

i also should mention after i put the current stock firmware it got a FOTA update to R770XXU2BQH1.

ALSO shoutout to @adfree for being so awesome and helping xedamen which enabled me to do all this. he also pmed me and replyed to my comments with some useful info.
    To everyone who helped me thanks a billion. you made my birthday (today) AMAZING.
    @Canadian_Guy

New method with SDB Tool... NO Firmware change needed...

Combination Firmware is SINGLE package... ALL in 1 file... ;)

But this is obsolete... use method with SDB Tool...

This is the Command...
    Code:
    launch_app csc-manager.csc-pre-configuration

And here is SDB Tool to do this...
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=74585286&postcount=330

Best Regards
    Seems we have soon 1 more method to change CSC:
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=76011839&postcount=488

This method WITHOUT Flashing Combination Firmware... but require SDB Tool.
    Normal Stock Firmware seems to work. :angel:

SDB Tool is for instance here:
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=74585286&postcount=330

Only as info. :cowboy: ;)

If the second Command for CSC Preconfig is available...
    We need new Tutorial... maybe somebody have free time.
    Thanx in advance.

Best Regards
    Good news! I managed to do it. I will send you the links shortly.
    Process is similar to Gear S3.
    Gear S2 Spay issue

Can I Use the same steps on my Gear S2? (of course if I can find the firmware for it)

Thanks