Galaxy apps with Huawei P20

Search This thread

trankilnet

Dec 29, 2010
Cherbourg
Hello,
I just bought a Huawei P20 that I received yesterday. I managed to connect it correctly to my Gear S3 but I can't install applications or any watchface because galaxy apps is not compatible with my phone.:crying:
Would you have a solution?

Thank you in advance.

Reactions: dam13nyap
Apr 23, 2010
Same problem on my p20 pro. Connection work.

watchface ,apps (store) don't work "unsupported device.... (all apps,plugins installed) :D

Modded gear app and plug-in doesn't work.

Already shot samsung, Huawei a mail.

Last edited:
Reactions: trankilnet
Apr 23, 2010
It will not. They response standard.... need to delete cach. After this 2rnd mail. write huawai... Closed
?

Last edited:

marydol

Apr 9, 2018
Response from Samsung

Hi. I have received the following from Samsung. I wonder how long this will take as my new Gear Sport is pretty much useless without this fix. I have same issue, Gear app works on my Huawei P20 pro but the Galaxy app store from within won't. It doesn't even work on the watch.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.
Kindly know that this feature is not yet supported, but I have labeled your inquiry as a suggestion for the developing department to review.

We are very grateful for your email. We make every effort to provide services of the highest value for our customers. Your comments and requests are greatly appreciated. We appreciate you taking the time to share your ideas.

Please know that we are continually working to improve the Samsung customer experience, and we have taken your feedback into consideration.

In the future, please do not refrain from contacting us with any questions and suggestions you may have! We appreciate the accuracy of your suggestions!

We are always proud to see a happy and suggestive user. As a wise person once said: "Any feedback is good feedback."

Should you encounter any other unexpected situation and have more questions, please do not hesitate to contact us and our support team will assist you with all the necessary information.

Also, if you visit the Content & Services Customer Support Website, , you will be able to find all Samsung Content and Services we support in your country.

Thank you for using our services. Your satisfaction is very important to us.

Kind regards,
Allen
Customer Service Center

Reactions: dam13nyap

Jooosu

Aug 30, 2014
If you want some watch faces,you can install them using your pc,watch and of course wgt files

dam13nyap

Apr 15, 2018
I contacted Samsung Malaysia and their answer given is tthat the device is not compatible. No solutions so far.. it's either they update a patch or u got a smart watch which is basically a watch which u have to charge.. and no other functions

Held22

Apr 24, 2014
The quick and dirty solution is described here : https://xdaforums.com/gear-s3/themes/how-to-gear-s3-unsupporteted-android-t3521532

But you have to change somthings in the APK APKSTUDIO before you can use files in the thread above
remove the line
android:sharedUserId="com.samsung.accessory.wmanager" i have got galaxy app store working now on p20 pro

Edit:
I have put de modded ready to use APK's in
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AqXzBH9JU0_h2Eyimok4hOj2Rej3
gear folder
I have installed them with adb
adb install -r "C:/apk/Gear S Plugin_2.2.03.17101341N_modded_mod.apk"

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2010
Updated phone today "system update" after it's working !! Can load apps and faces.

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Phone updated today (system update) now it's working

Reactions: caa-uppsala

SlaXX

Jun 22, 2008
Ajaccio (Corsica)
The quick and dirty solution is described here : https://xdaforums.com/gear-s3/themes/how-to-gear-s3-unsupporteted-android-t3521532

But you have to change somthings in the APK APKSTUDIO before you can use files in the thread above
remove the line
android:sharedUserId="com.samsung.accessory.wmanager" i have got galaxy app store working now on p20 pro

Edit:
I have put de modded ready to use APK's in
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AqXzBH9JU0_h2Eyimok4hOj2Rej3
gear folder
I have installed them with adb
adb install -r "C:/apk/Gear S Plugin_2.2.03.17101341N_modded_mod.apk"
Still doesn't work for me :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    From my Samsung account, I have created a ticket for this issue
    help.content.samsung.com/csweb/ticket/searchTicketList.do

Hope this will speed up their fix
    Hello,
    I just bought a Huawei P20 that I received yesterday. I managed to connect it correctly to my Gear S3 but I can't install applications or any watchface because galaxy apps is not compatible with my phone.:crying:
    Would you have a solution?

Thank you in advance.
    Same problem on my p20 pro. Connection work.

watchface ,apps (store) don't work "unsupported device.... (all apps,plugins installed) :D

Modded gear app and plug-in doesn't work.

Already shot samsung, Huawei a mail.
    I am from Malaysia, using Huawei P20 pro and Gear S3. Manager to connect both phone and the watch, but could not connect to Galaxy App store.
    Response from Samsung

Hi. I have received the following from Samsung. I wonder how long this will take as my new Gear Sport is pretty much useless without this fix. I have same issue, Gear app works on my Huawei P20 pro but the Galaxy app store from within won't. It doesn't even work on the watch.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.
    Kindly know that this feature is not yet supported, but I have labeled your inquiry as a suggestion for the developing department to review.

We are very grateful for your email. We make every effort to provide services of the highest value for our customers. Your comments and requests are greatly appreciated. We appreciate you taking the time to share your ideas.

Please know that we are continually working to improve the Samsung customer experience, and we have taken your feedback into consideration.

In the future, please do not refrain from contacting us with any questions and suggestions you may have! We appreciate the accuracy of your suggestions!

We are always proud to see a happy and suggestive user. As a wise person once said: "Any feedback is good feedback."

Should you encounter any other unexpected situation and have more questions, please do not hesitate to contact us and our support team will assist you with all the necessary information.

Also, if you visit the Content & Services Customer Support Website, , you will be able to find all Samsung Content and Services we support in your country.

Thank you for using our services. Your satisfaction is very important to us.

Kind regards,
    Allen
    Customer Service Center