FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][7.1.2][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 - Geminipda

1,930 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,282

Post Reply Email Thread
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1.2 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

This thread is for Official LineageOS 14.1 builds for geminipda. The following will not be supported here:
Custom kernels
Mods
Xposed

I don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
Flashed a custom kernel
Installed or did mods from any source other then this thread
Modified system files

First time flashing LineageOS 14.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
Download the zip(s)
Install a compatible Recovery (If you installed twrp early on you may need to reinstall it due to the device name changing)
Wipe data/factory reset
Flash LineageOS
Install the Google Apps addon package (Optional)
Reboot

Geminipda Downloads

Google Apps:
http://opengapps.org/

Kernel
https://github.com/lineage-geminipda..._planet_mt6797
Device Tree
https://github.com/lineage-geminipda...anet_geminipda

Aytex, who made all of the banners on this post.
MAD Team (@superdragonpt, @DerTeufel1980, @fire855) - For their device tree base (Apollo Lite)
@WG91 and @NeKit1000 for testing builds

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][7.1.2][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 - Geminipda, ROM for the Planet Gemini PDA

Contributors
deadman96385
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x

Version Information

Created 2018-03-30
Last Updated 2018-03-30
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deadman96385 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift deadman96385 Ad-Free

30th March 2018, 10:44 AM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Saint Paul, Minnesota

Donate to Me
More
What's working:
Wifi
Bluetooth
Audio
Video
Sensors
Basic battery led on the back
Assistant button (Can be configured to do anything)
Keyboard (All Fn keys as well)
Gemini apps are included
Planet app bar is working (Activates by pressing planet button)
Caps lock LED
3rd party camera apps
Right/Left Navbar
Encryption

What's broken:
GPS (Pure, if you have wifi enabled it will locate you properly just won't work when disconnected)
Built in camera (3rd party camera apps work)
FM Radio
RIL (Calling, SMS, Data)
Caps Lock LED doesn't turn off when you close the lid

Changelog:
4/3/18
Fixed Camera (Currently the built-in cameras aren't working, but if you install from the Playstore or a 3rd party one it will work)
Fixed Left/Right nav bar (Moved the default back to the right like stock)
Removed Torch and Autofocus camera features
Updated Gemini keyboard to 1.0.14 (Fixes german keyboard and other misc fixes)
Fixed ESC and all Fn Functions

3/30/18
Initial release

I have included a gesture navigation system ported from CarbonRom, you will need to flash one of the following zips to disable the NavBar fully so you can get your screen back to use it fully.

Disable NavBar

Enable NavBar

Settings > Gestures > Carbon Gestures is where the configuration for it is

Pictures:

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deadman96385 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift deadman96385 Ad-Free
30th March 2018, 04:04 PM |#3  
Flag Potsdam
Thanks Meter: 14

Donate to Me
More
Thank you very much. I am just downloading. I had modified the stock installation with magisk and a module to remove the navbar.

But a lineageOS is much better for me, because no gapps.

edit: flashed it. Had a little problem that early birds may have too. I got an error 7 (device name property: gemini) because I had the first released twrp version as recovery. After flashing the up to date twrp-3.2.1 recovery, the device name was 'geminipda' and flashing works fine.

edit2: I'm using a german hw keyboard layout. The gemini keyboard driver version 1.0.7 comes with the image. Fn keys not working for me with this driver. Planet Computers released a new keyboard driver (1.0.12) that works for me in stock image. I had to root the lineageos first to be able to uninstall the old version (key signing conflict on install). After installing the new version the keyboard is working like it should, have all Fn keys now. Maybe you can integrate the newer keyboard driver into next image. Information on Planet Computers and the driver on Google Play.
2nd April 2018, 07:15 PM |#4  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Saint Paul, Minnesota

Donate to Me
More
There is a new build in OP

Fixed Camera (Currently the built-in cameras aren't working, but if you install from the Playstore or a 3rd party one it will work)
Encryption works now

Bugs left:
GPS (Pure, if you have wifi enabled it will locate you properly just won't work when disconnected)
FM Radio
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deadman96385 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift deadman96385 Ad-Free
3rd April 2018, 12:36 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
For me, GPS seems to be working, but phone/SIM functions (voice/SMS/cellular data) are still not working in new build. Otherwise great!
5th April 2018, 06:23 PM |#6  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 152

More
Working great so far. Very stable and quick development. Glad I can help test
Can't wait for first 'stable' build (it's actually very stable already..)!
The Following User Says Thank You to WG91 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WG91 Ad-Free
2nd May 2018, 02:19 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadman96385

There is a new build in OP

Encryption works now

Bugs left:
FM Radio

Is there anything special that has to be done to get the Function Keys working? I do have version 1.0.14 of the Gemini Keyboard from the ROM, but still cannot use Fn+[Key] to get to symbols.
4th May 2018, 04:00 AM |#8  

More
Does this have support for micro g? Is there a github page that has all the files?
5th May 2018, 10:57 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 140

More
I'm considering going the option of Lineage so I can remap keyboard combinations.

Has anyone done this already or have a recommendation other than Xposed + Xposed Additions? I know it's not supported with this ROM but I don't know of other options. The stock Gemini Keyboard is all sorts of messed up regarding function keys and each one matching up with printed symbols. There desperately needs to be a combo for rotating screen, IMO.

Does the function keys work at all on Lineage?
The Following User Says Thank You to dimex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dimex Ad-Free
5th May 2018, 11:59 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimex

I'm considering going the option of Lineage so I can remap keyboard combinations.

Has anyone done this already or have a recommendation other than Xposed + Xposed Additions? I know it's not supported with this ROM but I don't know of other options. The stock Gemini Keyboard is all sorts of messed up regarding function keys and each one matching up with printed symbols. There desperately needs to be a combo for rotating screen, IMO.

Does the function keys work at all on Lineage?

I am also interested in the very same. I'm trying to get my emacs config working well on my phone, and although the software works through termux (which one can get without needing gapps) a lot of the keybinds on the device are screwed up. I don't mind scripting the individual actions through tasker for volume and brightness etc, but I really want a fully reconfigurable keyboard + voice assist button. I would like to work on this project, but I have no idea how to get involved.
8th May 2018, 04:46 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Is that image supposed to work nicely with the debian image? If I understand it correctly, modem and GPU depend on pieces on the android partition (see the mobile section under https://github.com/gemian/gemini-key.../wiki/DebianTP )
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)