FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

fake links to ads

36 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By J.Michael, Member on 6th January 2020, 03:45 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
I wish you would stop making random words in posts look like links. These "links" really pop up ads that have nothing to do with the linked word -- just using the word as an excuse to shove an ad up my nose. In addition to being distracting, just mousing over the link seems to be enough of an excuse to pop up the ad, which then blocks my view until I dismiss it or it times out.
6th January 2020, 08:44 AM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Michael

I wish you would stop making random words in posts look like links. These "links" really pop up ads that have nothing to do with the linked word -- just using the word as an excuse to shove an ad up my nose. In addition to being distracting, just mousing over the link seems to be enough of an excuse to pop up the ad, which then blocks my view until I dismiss it or it times out.

This is specific to the 2015 theme, I'm pretty sure. You can try using one of the older themes like 2013 and I believe the in-line ads are no longer present.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thanos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Thanos Ad-Free
6th January 2020, 07:32 PM |#3  
RC-RT Committee / Moderator Committee / Senior Moderator - "Si vis pacem, para bellum"
Thanks Meter: 58,881

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Michael

I see you have already posted here, no need to make new threads.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...696660&page=57
The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Castle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Frank Castle Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread