FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Guide] Linking images on XDA

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By NOOK!E, Guest on 2nd October 2014, 04:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello, XDA'ers,

There seem to be a lot of people on here that don't know how to make pictures "clickable", so I thought I might as well make a thread to help you guys out!

First, I'd like to notify you all that you are only permitted to have and edit a signature after you make 10 useful posts, so don't worry if your Control Panel doesn't have an "Edit Signature" tab.

To make a Signature Picture clickable:

First, you must upload a picture you would like to be displayed in your signature. Here's a screenshot:

Then, you can use the [sigpic] tags with URL tags wrapped around them, like this:

Code:
[url=the.url.of.the.page.you.want.to.be.linked][sigpic][/sigpic][/url]
Now, maybe you're thinking, "Hey, thanks for the tip, but I have more than one signature picture I want to link to a URL - how do I do that?" Well, here's how:

To make any picture clickable:

First, you must upload the image you want to be displayed to an image hosting site. I use imgur, for example.

Then, you must copy the URL of the image you uploaded. For Chrome, this would be [right click the image] > Copy image URL.

After copying the image URL, use this code to insert into any post or signature:

Code:
[url=the.url.of.the.page.you.want.to.be.linked][img]the.url.of.the.image.you.want.to.display[/img][/url]
Done! You have successfully linked a picture to a website/webpage by making it clickable.

Hopefully this post helps you all out a bit!

Regards,

Nookie
XDA Senior Member
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to NOOK!E For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NOOK!E Ad-Free
NOOK!E
2nd October 2014, 06:13 PM |#2  

More
Reserved
Reserved for future use/expansion.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
8th October 2014, 09:11 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
but you can only post it after 10 posts right ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GaaraSabakuna For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GaaraSabakuna Ad-Free
NOOK!E
8th October 2014, 01:24 PM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaaraSabakuna

but you can only post it after 10 posts right ?

Yes, that's right.

Thanks for the tip - adding to the OP now.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
14th November 2019, 08:28 AM |#5  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Can I set height or width of the image?

Something like
HTML Code:
height="75px"
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
guide, image, link, tutorial, xda

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)