Thanks Meter: 144

More
*Push*

15th March 2019, 09:34 AM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 144

More
*Push*

The Webbkoll result is even more worse then i make this thread.
Old:
5 third-party cookies (.facebook.com ; .scorecardresearch.com ; .viglink.com ; .cdn.viglink.com ; www.facebook.com
74 (-3 which XDA related) third-party requests to 20 unique hosts (Google ; Criteo ; Facebook ; VigLink ; comScore ; Cloudflare ; Servebom)

Now:
45 third-party Cookies
278 requests to 50 unique hosts - 4 requests to img.xda-cdn.com and -3 requests to forum.xda-cdn.com
= 271 requests to 48 unique hosts

I wonder if your forum is okay with the GDPR
16th August 2019, 12:34 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlankBlackDroid

Cookies are dont just cookies. Cookies from own domain (first-party) are okay, but not third-party-cookies from companies which doesnt increase anything and just sell the user data.
Its hard to read such a "i dont care about user privacy" statement.

These cookies don't comply with the GDPR in Europe. Cookie compliance check isn't good.
It seems the similar law was passed in California. I guess the third-party cookies are gonna be off soon
The Following User Says Thank You to pavelkin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pavelkin Ad-Free
11th September 2019, 11:06 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
One major privacy issue, is the google reCAPTCHA that xda is using for new users.

The scripts report every single use back to google, about who is using their system, which includes IP and device logging.

Since google is indeed one of the biggest privacy issues, maybe you should consider a more private captcha system.

Thank you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sam_son For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sam_son Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
forum, privacy, security, webkoll

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)