FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Manage attachments

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By TraceFormer, Junior Member on 8th November 2019, 11:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but I don't see the manage attachments button under the text field. I searched the FAQ, but could not find if there is some post limit/minimum before being able to do this?
8th November 2019, 11:19 PM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceFormer

I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but I don't see the manage attachments button under the text field. I searched the FAQ, but could not find if there is some post limit/minimum before being able to do this?

You have to select edit, then select advanced edit. That should be what you're looking for.
8th November 2019, 11:30 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Sorry, I'm not seeing edit or advanced edit buttons under the text field. I see Post Icons, Image Verification, and then Submit Reply & Preview Post. I tried both Firefox and Internet Explorer, even turned off ad blockers.
8th November 2019, 11:32 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
I just realized, you meant edit an already existing post. What I am trying to do is attach a file to a post/reply.
8th November 2019, 11:54 PM |#5  
Moderator Committee / RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / XDA Labs Contributor
Flag Forest stage inhabited by robot bats, mechanical hares and atomic chickens
Thanks Meter: 18,232

More
Quote:

I just realized, you meant edit an already existing post. What I am trying to do is attach a file to a post/reply.

If you click on the reply button, it will open a new screen allowing you to write your post, above the text field you will see lots of buttons, don't you see this "manage attachment" button in this create post screen like shown in my screenshot?

The UI may differ depending on the used theme of course.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191108_234629.png
Views:	14
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	4870351  
The Following User Says Thank You to Wood Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wood Man Ad-Free
9th November 2019, 12:05 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
No that button is missing for me. Tried to attach a screen shot, but it won't let me do that either (only put in a URL). Tried on mobile device too, and that button is not there.
9th November 2019, 12:17 AM |#7  
Moderator Committee / RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / XDA Labs Contributor
Flag Forest stage inhabited by robot bats, mechanical hares and atomic chickens
Thanks Meter: 18,232

More
Quote:

No that button is missing for me. Tried to attach a screen shot, but it won't let me do that either (only put in a URL). Tried on mobile device too, and that button is not there.

This attachment feature is not present for members below 10 posts but you are above this limit so it should be there, I don't understand. Some ideas of tests:
- wipe cache of your browser
- try Google Chrome
- try another xda theme
- wait 24h or 48h and it may be fixed by itself
- or if still not working we may need admin assistance
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wood Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wood Man Ad-Free
9th November 2019, 09:17 AM |#8  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Translator
Flag Preserving Air Supremacy over XDA
Thanks Meter: 7,701

More
Quote:

I've no experience with IE but I'd the same issue quite a while ago on FF when I used the add-ons uBlock Origin and NoScript. For this reason, I've created an own profile for FF to use XDA.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Anmerkung 2019-11-09 091233.png
Views:	8
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	4870695   Click image for larger version

Name:	Anmerkung 2019-11-09 091302.png
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	4870697   Click image for larger version

Name:	Anmerkung 2019-11-09 091352.png