FORUMS

Mess between -XDA Login- and -Disqus- profiles (Help)

216 posts
Thanks Meter: 50

By Jerber, Senior Member on 23rd May 2017, 07:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is driving me crazy, I have my XDA account "Jerber" (this account) with my avatar and everything; is the account that I use everyday for comment arround XDA sections.

On the other hand I have a Disqus account that I use for comment in diferent websites, It has nothing to do with my XDA account.

And finally (here come the mess), when I go to the main XDA Developers website (to news like this https://www.xda-developers.com/lg-g6...-to-the-lg-g5/) there is a opened profile called "Jerber" with my old avatar ready for do comments and seems that it works like a Disqus account... as you can see I did a coment and it shows that was made with that "Jerber" profile...
If I go inside of that profile ( https://disqus.com/by/xda-9a10d25154...a4dd6ed0b153/? ) it looks/works like Disqus, but when I want to edit the account it sends me to my Disqus account...

For that reason I am not able to edit the avatar or go inside of that "profile" to try to understand how it works...or at least edit it
Any idea for help me?
The profile is there, opened in the XDA new section, I can use it, logout and login (With XDA login), comment, edit and delete but that is all, if I want to do some changes the profile sends me to other place...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jerber For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jerber Ad-Free
25th August 2017, 06:48 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 970

Donate to Me
More
Bumping this oldie. I have the same issue. Disqus is bonded to XDA and there is no way to leave reactions on XDA articles without an XDA account. There is no way of logging in to disqus with an xda profile, it just makes a new account with the same XDA email/google account, thus having 2 seperate accounts with the "same" login information, but different profile urls.
21st September 2017, 06:03 AM |#3  
Flag Anchorage
Thanks Meter: 20,953

More
I have to agree. Doing it this way can break notifications completely when the user name is the same for xda as well as disqus
18th April 2018, 11:18 AM |#4  
Flag Electricity
Thanks Meter: 23

Donate to Me
More
Bumping this thread. Just discovered that in order to comment with my regular Disqus account in the XDA Disqus comment section, I first have to log out of XDA and be logged in to Disqus! This is a pointless complication! Please get rid of it or make it optional XDA.
20th April 2018, 03:38 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 442

More
I've been trying to fix this crap for ages, have gotten nowhere.
2nd July 2018, 06:02 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Seems that Im going to be stick to that account forever -_-
12th July 2018, 11:44 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Same issue here. I created an account on Disqus using my same username for Pocketnow recently acquired by XDA, but the accounts aren't merged. Nor does there seem to be a way to merge them. I tried looking in Disqus' help pages, but there's nothing about merging accounts for common users! It's all about adding Disqus to your site. If no way is found soon, I'm deleting my Disqus account.

It seems to me that the Disqus plugin works separate from the actual Disqus site itself. Weird. While it's good that they're not collecting data that you didn't give them, they should allow a synchronization method.
7th September 2018, 10:40 AM |#8  
Flag Sundsvall
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Same problem here and it's driving me nuts! Just let me have my notifications!
2nd November 2018, 07:33 PM |#9  
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Bump*
23rd January 2020, 06:07 PM |#10  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 4

More
here we bump again.
i have pretty much the same problem. when I enter to disqus.com it just jump in my unmanageable profile.
if anybody has the same problem, I hope we can get rid of this.
https://disqus.com/home/channel/disc...eable_profile/
24th January 2020, 06:02 PM |#11  
XDA:Administrator
Thanks Meter: 2,780

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinibali

here we bump again.
i have pretty much the same problem. when I enter to disqus.com it just jump in my unmanageable profile.
if anybody has the same problem, I hope we can get rid of this.
https://disqus.com/home/channel/disc...eable_profile/

There is a long explanation for this. When Disqus originally allowed Single Sign On we had a paid plan to allow this. Disqus then switched all of these paid plans to a free plan. We always had issues with it, for example if you update your avatar, there is no way to notify Disqus about the new avatar. Now, Disqus only allows single sign on for their "Enterprise" accounts, which is very expensive. We are sort of stuck in no-mans land, where is it enabled on our account but with no support.

My hope is to eventually integrate portal comments with forum membership. That way, accounts or unified.

Wish I had a better explanation or fix for you!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bitpushr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bitpushr Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)