FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Mess between -XDA Login- and -Disqus- profiles (Help)

216 posts
Thanks Meter: 50

By Jerber, Senior Member on 23rd May 2017, 07:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th January 2020, 06:02 PM |#11  
XDA:Administrator
Thanks Meter: 2,768

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinibali

here we bump again.
i have pretty much the same problem. when I enter to disqus.com it just jump in my unmanageable profile.
if anybody has the same problem, I hope we can get rid of this.
https://disqus.com/home/channel/disc...eable_profile/

There is a long explanation for this. When Disqus originally allowed Single Sign On we had a paid plan to allow this. Disqus then switched all of these paid plans to a free plan. We always had issues with it, for example if you update your avatar, there is no way to notify Disqus about the new avatar. Now, Disqus only allows single sign on for their "Enterprise" accounts, which is very expensive. We are sort of stuck in no-mans land, where is it enabled on our account but with no support.

My hope is to eventually integrate portal comments with forum membership. That way, accounts or unified.

Wish I had a better explanation or fix for you!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bitpushr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bitpushr Ad-Free
24th January 2020, 06:48 PM |#12  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitpushr

There is a long explanation for this. When Disqus originally allowed Single Sign On we had a paid plan to allow this. Disqus then switched all of these paid plans to a free plan. We always had issues with it, for example if you update your avatar, there is no way to notify Disqus about the new avatar. Now, Disqus only allows single sign on for their "Enterprise" accounts, which is very expensive. We are sort of stuck in no-mans land, where is it enabled on our account but with no support.

My hope is to eventually integrate portal comments with forum membership. That way, accounts or unified.

Wish I had a better explanation or fix for you!

wow, I didnt expect a so fast reply on this old thread.
is there any way to do anything with these account?
can I make it work? like update the password and so on...
3rd February 2020, 11:06 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 97

More
And Disqus auto login on site-generated accounts is broken again.
It's been almost 2 weeks nomatter what I do, delete cookies, relog, anything, I won't get signed in with the automatically generated account from this site.
I hoped this issue would resolve in some days, like it happened in the past, but nope.

EDIT: By going to my email, finding the specific xda code generated and requesting for a password reset, I kicked it back alive. I have no idea what put my account in that limbo state out of nowhere.
Man, Disqus feels like a royal pain...
5th February 2020, 02:58 AM |#14  
Flag Forster, NSW, Australia
Thanks Meter: 265

More
I'm sick of it. Decided to not change anything and just not bother commenting

Some will say hooray, lol

I just get sick of jumping through hoops for things
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)