FORUMS

Privacy ? please

8 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By Marekho, Junior Member on 5th December 2018, 02:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Too many problems to read or access xda. Xda block Tor, from VPN I can´t reply.
Is our privacy a problem for us ?
VPN, Tor and reCaptcha don´t work. Could you change this ? thank you.

PS: without VPN or Tor, XDA don´t work easily. I have to break all privacy (uBlock, noscript, etc....) to post a reply, and even privacy naked there is a reCaptcha, okay only after many attemps. Pages are ugly until the highest level of "noprivacy".

How could we understand security or a "secure DNS" if priority don´t respect our "feeling" of privacy ?

I will not reply, it´s too complicated.

Thank you again.
6th December 2018, 07:57 AM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,056

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marekho

Too many problems to read or access xda. Xda block Tor, from VPN I can´t reply.
Is our privacy a problem for us ?
VPN, Tor and reCaptcha don´t work. Could you change this ? thank you.

PS: without VPN or Tor, XDA don´t work easily. I have to break all privacy (uBlock, noscript, etc....) to post a reply, and even privacy naked there is a reCaptcha, okay only after many attemps. Pages are ugly until the highest level of "noprivacy".

How could we understand security or a "secure DNS" if priority don´t respect our "feeling" of privacy ?

I will not reply, it´s too complicated.

Thank you again.

I have uBlock and NoScript running and absolutely no issues replying anywhere without a VPN.
18th March 2020, 06:16 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
They used to block the accesss, now they don't really do that, although you could still likely run in to a problem like that. Now mostly all DNS providers try to ensure your privacy as well as security. They developed encrypted DNS rooting, where all your packages go through TLS or HTTPS protocols. Thats probably closest to the epitome of privacy and security for DNS servers.
19th March 2020, 01:29 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
It's a known issue that the Google captchas are a real PITA over Tor, and it's by design. The easier it is to solve the captcha, the more likely Google knows who exactly you are and can track you. As soon as you start installing privacy add-ons and it gets more difficult for Google to determine who you are and the more likely they will want you to solve challenges. I believe there is a direct correlation between the uniqueness of your browser fingerprint and the likelihood you are given a challenge.

You can check how unique your browser fingerprint is here: https://panopticlick.eff.org/
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)