FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Problem editing profile - acting like a duplicate registration

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By cosyizumi, Junior Member on 9th December 2019, 01:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Just registered here (currently at college, so I'm using an IP linked to them, I'll be on my own network in a few hours or so most likely). Trying to edit my profile and I'm getting this strange error:

"Our records show that you have already registered under the name of cosyizumi. If you have lost your password, click here. If you would like to modify your profile, click here."

Anyone else suffering this issue right now, or is this a known problem to combat spam accounts, because it seems like a pretty odd error to throw for this specific occasion (the CAPTCHA also keeps failing repeatedly while I'm typing this thread).

Currently using a recent Chrome stable on W10 LTSx, though I can't be bothered to check what version for now what is on here lol.
9th December 2019, 08:10 PM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosyizumi

Just registered here (currently at college, so I'm using an IP linked to them, I'll be on my own network in a few hours or so most likely). Trying to edit my profile and I'm getting this strange error:

"Our records show that you have already registered under the name of cosyizumi. If you have lost your password, click here. If you would like to modify your profile, click here."

Anyone else suffering this issue right now, or is this a known problem to combat spam accounts, because it seems like a pretty odd error to throw for this specific occasion (the CAPTCHA also keeps failing repeatedly while I'm typing this thread).

Currently using a recent Chrome stable on W10 LTSx, though I can't be bothered to check what version for now what is on here lol.

It's a common error
Try
https://forum.xda-developers.com/usercp.php
Or
https://forum.xda-developers.com/pro...do=editprofile

Sent from my mata using XDA Labs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)