FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

"View first unread" always jumps to the last message in thread

224 posts
Thanks Meter: 102

By ciarpame, Senior Member on 13th June 2019, 02:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,
Since a few weeks (at least) the "View first unread" button always jumps to the last message in the thread.
Otherwise, the Android XDA app works as expected if I use the app first (if I open the app after pressing the "view first unread" button on the web site, the Android app points to the last message too)

It's just me? Thanks for your help

13th June 2019, 02:43 PM |#2  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Translator
Flag Preserving Air Supremacy over XDA!
Thanks Meter: 6,051

More
Just for clarification. By "Android XDA app" do you mean the XDA Legacy app? Did you ever tried XDA Labs?
The Following User Says Thank You to Oswald Boelcke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oswald Boelcke Ad-Free
13th June 2019, 03:17 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
I mean XDA Labs, sorry for my vagueness
13th June 2019, 03:26 PM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarpame

I mean XDA Labs, sorry for my vagueness

I'm going to test my XDA Labs tomorrow morning after new posts came in for my subscribed threads during the night. Going to provide feedback afterwards.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oswald Boelcke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oswald Boelcke Ad-Free
13th June 2019, 04:17 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald Boelcke

I'm going to test my XDA Labs tomorrow morning after new posts came in for my subscribed threads during the night. Going to provide feedback afterwards.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear: I think XDA Labs works as expected in my opinion, it's the button on the forum desktop web pages that always brings me to the thread last message and not to my actual last read message.

If I open a thread using XDA labs after pressing the "view first unread" button on the web site, XDA Labs points to the last message too but it makes sense because "view first unread" brought me to the last message a minute before, therefore such message became my actual last read message.
14th June 2019, 01:44 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarpame

Maybe I didn't make myself clear: I think XDA Labs works as expected in my opinion, it's the button on the forum desktop web pages that always brings me to the thread last message and not to my actual last read message.

If I open a thread using XDA labs after pressing the "view first unread" button on the web site, XDA Labs points to the last message too but it makes sense because "view first unread" brought me to the last message a minute before, therefore such message became my actual last read message.

Yeah, probably we talk past each other. For me, both, the desktop/browser forum and XDA Labs seem to work as advertised.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	XDA.PNG
Views:	14
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	4776665   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190614-141240.png
Size:	159.2 KB
ID:	4776666   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190614-141302.png
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	4776667   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190614-141456.png
Views:	10
Size:	222.5 KB
ID:	4776668  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oswald Boelcke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oswald Boelcke Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)