Post Reply Email Thread
7th December 2018, 07:56 AM |#11  
Assistant Forum Admin
Flag NSW, Australia
Thanks Meter: 23,397

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimueh

Wouldn't it be better to add an option to go back to the previous layout though? That's how it was done on previous layout changes and I'd reallyyyyyyyyyyyyy like the old one back

You'll have to ask those who made the decision to make the change. Nothing to do with me
The Following User Says Thank You to the_scotsman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift the_scotsman Ad-Free

7th December 2018, 07:57 AM |#12  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,897

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_scotsman

You'll have to ask those who made the decision to make the change. Nothing to do with me

I didn't mean YOU personally, I meant YOU = the XDA team
The Following User Says Thank You to Nimueh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nimueh Ad-Free
7th December 2018, 08:01 AM |#13  
Flag Saigon
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Sorry to say I don't like the new design. It looks like I get the page for mobile devices (thought I set the user agent wrong for a sec) which just looks weird on a 16:9 screen, additionally where can I find the projects I'm following? There used to be a button to see Dev Updates. Where is it now? I also have a notification constantly but when I click notifications nothing is there.
The Following User Says Thank You to bumbum.droid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bumbum.droid Ad-Free
7th December 2018, 06:27 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 189

More
It logs me in every time I change pages.

Every.

Single.

Time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrunkUncas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DrunkUncas Ad-Free
7th December 2018, 07:05 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimueh

When I click on Notifications I end up at https://forum.xda-developers.com/usercp.php ... how on earth do I get to my notifications/mentions/quotes now?

And why does my profile link top right not show my userpic but the default grey userimage ... without clicking on it I have no way to see if I'm even logged in

I'd like to see the person who made the design change to answer this exact question. When I envision a upgrade to the xda forums UI on the web (browsing from PC, actually), I imagined doing away the ugly and space consuming header bars that had and still have no reasons to be always shown, but I'd never imagine such a regression. Just what the hell is going on here?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kgptzac For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kgptzac Ad-Free
7th December 2018, 10:33 PM |#16  
Flag London, UK
Thanks Meter: 7,654

Donate to Me
More
This new header looks nice, but in terms of functionality it's worse than before:

- My password manager can't fill out my login details anymore, something isn't right with the username field.
- Removed "my devices" link, which was useful to access "my" forums.
- There's no visible change when I receive PMs. (Edit: I can now see a red circle on the profile icon)
- Both "settings" and "notifications" link to the same page.
- There's no difference between logged in and logged out.

Plus:
- forum.xda-developers.com uses aggressive caching, same with /subscribed. I have to force reload in order to see the new page after login.

Not a good update...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to S4turno For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift S4turno Ad-Free
8th December 2018, 01:51 PM |#17  
Flag monteverde.org
Thanks Meter: 1,809

More
Exclamation Re: Both "settings" and "notifications" link to the same page
Quote:
Originally Posted by S4turno

- Both "settings" and "notifications" link to the same page.
- There's no difference between logged in and logged out...

Not a good update...

"Both "settings" and "notifications" link to the same page. - And they both neither link to Setting nor Notifications.

Eh XDA are you sleeping at the wheel? Those bad links are the quickest & easiest thing to fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_scotsman

Hey guys. Thanks for the feedback. I've alerted them all to the folks in charge, the one's responsible for making these changes. I'm sure they'll respond or let us know what's going on soon...

8th December 2018, 04:47 PM |#18  
It looks like I'll be relying on XDA Labs for the near future. Because the developers behind XDA Developers broke something that really didn't need fixing. Quick access to notifications and PMs, quick access to my various devices? All wiped out and replaced by a hamburger menu with only three options. Heck, I can't even sign out of XDA using this updated theme even if I wanted to.

This is a bust. For the time being, until you ruin it by fixing things that don't need fixing, I've reverted to the 2013 theme. I may not have quick access to my devices, but I can at least see my notifications as intended, and I don't have to deal with caching issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to Strephon Alkhalikoi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Strephon Alkhalikoi Ad-Free
8th December 2018, 06:00 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
I didn't even know there was a section to view my profile anymore since the spot next to the three bars is completely empty - I only found it after mentions in this thread and hovering over the blank spot. No icon for the search either - all I've got are three bars. Really hoping for an option to revert to the old layout - this one is just... horrible.
The Following User Says Thank You to veekay For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift veekay Ad-Free
8th December 2018, 08:41 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 189

More
This is the worst update to a site I've ever seen. The continuous log ins I'm experiencing make it almost non functional.
9th December 2018, 12:36 AM |#21  
Flag monteverde.org
Thanks Meter: 1,809

More
Lightbulb How To Get Back User Friendly Links
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkUncas

...The continuous log ins I'm experiencing make it almost non functional.

Does it solve your problem if you go to the bottom of Edit Options > Forum Skin > under the Use Forum Default drop down menu > XDA 2013 > Saves Changes?

And get back all the user friendly links shown in the attachments until XDA fixes the current navigation bar.

The third attachment is the sad current one with the wrong Settings & Notifications links.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Forum_2013_Quick_Links_curiousrom.PNG
Views:	126
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	4661336   Click image for larger version

Name:	Forum_2013_Notifications_Menu_curiousrom.PNG
Views:	126
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	4661337   Click image for larger version

Name:	Forum_New_User_Icon_Menu_curiousrom.PNG
Views:	120
Size:	3.7 KB
ID:	4661338  
The Following User Says Thank You to curiousrom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift curiousrom Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
xda interface

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)