Post Reply Email Thread
9th December 2018, 12:36 AM |#21  
Flag monteverde.org
Thanks Meter: 1,809

More
Lightbulb How To Get Back User Friendly Links
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkUncas

...The continuous log ins I'm experiencing make it almost non functional.

Does it solve your problem if you go to the bottom of Edit Options > Forum Skin > under the Use Forum Default drop down menu > XDA 2013 > Saves Changes?

And get back all the user friendly links shown in the attachments until XDA fixes the current navigation bar.

The third attachment is the sad current one with the wrong Settings & Notifications links.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Forum_2013_Quick_Links_curiousrom.PNG
Views:	126
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	4661336   Click image for larger version

Name:	Forum_2013_Notifications_Menu_curiousrom.PNG
Views:	126
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	4661337   Click image for larger version

Name:	Forum_New_User_Icon_Menu_curiousrom.PNG
Views:	120
Size:	3.7 KB
ID:	4661338  
The Following User Says Thank You to curiousrom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift curiousrom Ad-Free

9th December 2018, 06:00 PM |#22  
Flag Tallinn
Thanks Meter: 1,093

More
Awful botch job with these changes. Notifications disappeared, link directs to usercp. Issue persists for several days now.

UX >>>>> UI
10th December 2018, 04:20 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousrom

Does it solve your problem if you go to the bottom of Edit Options > Forum Skin > under the Use Forum Default drop down menu > XDA 2013 > Saves Changes?

And get back all the user friendly links shown in the attachments until XDA fixes the current navigation bar.

The third attachment is the sad current one with the wrong Settings & Notifications links.

Thanks for this, at least going back to this version gives me working options in the upper right. Not sure why the 2015 took the most recent revision.
The Following User Says Thank You to veekay For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift veekay Ad-Free
10th December 2018, 07:32 PM |#24  
Flag Mid-Atlantic
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousrom

How do I get my Subscribed Forums back and I've lost the access to forums based on the devices I've told XDA I have(It was a drop down menu). -NP
10th December 2018, 10:07 PM |#25  
Revert to the 2013 theme for now to get most of what's missing back. Click on your name to access your profile; your profile lists your devices.
The Following User Says Thank You to Strephon Alkhalikoi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Strephon Alkhalikoi Ad-Free
10th December 2018, 10:43 PM |#26  
Flag monteverde.org

More
Phone Re: How To Get Back User Friendly Links - Subscribed Forums & My Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by veekay

Thanks for this, at least going back to this version gives me working options in the upper right...

You are welcome. Maybe you could Thanks the posts you find helpful? Besides being good for the ego of the poster & encouraging him to post more, it indicates to other users that the suggestions/tips were useful to somebody so may be good for them too.

Subscribed Forums & My Devices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nektopoli

How do I get my Subscribed Forums back and I've lost the access to forums based on the devices I've told XDA I have(It was a drop down menu). -NP

There is no direct link but if you look at the XDA 2013 Quick Links attachment in the post above you quoted How To Get Back User Friendly Links > Quick Links > in the bottom > Your Profile > in the bottom again > Devices.

Also if you are looking at a page where you made a post like in this thread: expand More Info under your avatar > My Devices.

XDA 2013 skin > Forum button on the Navigation bar > Subscribed > Subscribed Forums in the bottom.

In the current Default skin @ the present: xdadevelopers logo on the left > Subscribed Forums in the bottom. Or Forums button on the Navigation bar > drop-down menu > Forum Home > Subscribed Forums in the bottom.

You could go to every one of your My Devices & subscribe to those forums to add them to that list.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strephon Alkhalikoi

Revert to the 2013 theme for now to get most of what's missing back. Click on your name to access your profile; your profile lists your devices.

Just saw that after I made this post. Thanks!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to curiousrom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift curiousrom Ad-Free
12th December 2018, 05:35 PM |#27  
XDA:Administrator
Thanks Meter: 2,611

More
Hey all - thank you for the feedback on our new header. We are taking all input and building it out to include requested and most useful features. I will monitor this thread for changes.

Before our header on the portal and forum were two totally separate entities. This update's goal is to unify the header and make it as useful as possible all over XDA.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bitpushr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bitpushr Ad-Free
12th December 2018, 06:53 PM |#28  
Flag Mid-Atlantic
Thanks Meter: 59

More
@curiousrom

"There is no direct link but if you look at the XDA 2013 Quick Links attachment in the post above you quoted How To Get Back User Friendly Links > Quick Links > in the bottom > Your Profile > in the bottom again > Devices."

Thanks I was able to build a bookmark folder in my browser's toolbar with direct links to my device forums. Now if I just had a direct link to a log-on page, I could navigate from my bookmarks now that the direct links from our header banner isn't there. - NP
12th December 2018, 07:38 PM |#29  
Flag D.a.d.A.
Thanks Meter: 81

More
The new interface is just ****.
12th December 2018, 10:14 PM |#30  
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitpushr

Hey all - thank you for the feedback on our new header. We are taking all input and building it out to include requested and most useful features. I will monitor this thread for changes.

Before our header on the portal and forum were two totally separate entities. This update's goal is to unify the header and make it as useful as possible all over XDA.

I think the things people are missing the most are quick access to their devices. I personally would like quick access to subscriptions. Everyone should have quick access to notifications.

The thing people dislike the most is the removal of choice. The site has a theme chooser for a reason: to select the theme the reader prefers. The IT guys went and modified the 2015 theme instead of copying the theme, renaming it to 2018, and making changes there. Giving your readers the choice is important, and in that regard, no matter how successful the new banner bar turns out it will still be a failure.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strephon Alkhalikoi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Strephon Alkhalikoi Ad-Free
12th December 2018, 10:35 PM |#31  
Flag monteverde.org

More
Thumbs up New Header Getting Better - Please Add Links!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitpushr

...We are taking all input and building it out to include requested and most useful features. I will monitor this thread for changes.
...unify the header and make it as useful as possible all over XDA.

Thanks for taking in account users' feedback.

It's good that links were fixed in the user icon menu & that New Mentions & Unread Private Messages were added.

Could you add Subscribed Threads, Subscribed Forums, My Devices & Your Profile as illustrated in the attached screenshot please?

Name:	Forum_New_User_Icon_Menu_2018-12-12_curiousrom.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	159.3 KB
ID:	4664440

It's getting better. It seems the header navigation bar is thinner with smaller font for the text links. Also that my avatar is showing up instead of the faceless user icon.

The top black navigation bar could be a tad thinner IMO.

Are you working also on the Message attachment service? Often the thumbnails for the image attachements are not showing up in the post for the last month or so. My workaround is to delete the screenshot & re-upload it.

About the XDA app: if on a computer I use the HIDE BB Code (Click to Show Content) it does not work when viewing that post in the XDA app so it clutters the thread.

This is not hidden when viewed with the XDA app!

Edit: @bitpushr - I added screenshots of this post when viewed in the XDA App v1.1.6b-play to illustrate the HIDE not working issue. Or it is a feature request maybe?

Name:	XDA_App_HIDE_20181212_curiousrom.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	232.4 KB
ID:	4664493

Anyway thanks for XDA it's my favorite Android phones & devices forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nektopoli

...I was able to build a bookmark folder in my browser's toolbar with direct links to my device forums...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strephon Alkhalikoi

I think the things people are missing the most are quick access to their devices. I personally would like quick access to subscriptions.

...The thing people dislike the most is the removal of choice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_scotsman

...Thanks for the feedback. I've alerted them all to the folks in charge...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to curiousrom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift curiousrom Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
xda interface

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)