FORUMS

ASUS ZenPad 3S 10 & a compatible Quick Charger 3.0?

99 posts
Thanks Meter: 20

By JackOfOwls, Member on 12th April 2017, 06:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Just pulled the trigger on a ASUS ZenPad 3S 10 tablet which I received yesterday. I must say, so far I am loving this device, and it's quite an upgrade from my old Nexus 7 2013. The specifications sheet says it is Quick Charge 3.0 capable with 18-watt certified chargers. However, I've seen a post or two on other forums that they couldn't get their 18-watt Quick Chargers to actually- well, Quick Charge this device. So has anyone here had success with Quick Charge 3.0 chargers and the ASUS ZenPad 3S 10? If so, which one do you recommend that's known to work with the ZenPad? I've had my eye on this one. What do you think?

Thanks for any help.
20th April 2017, 01:15 AM |#2  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 3

More
This sin't a reply to your question per-se so forgive me in advanced. I'm considering to buy this tablet as something cheap to generally browse the web and what not. I've been umming and arring purely because this isn't a well known device. How are you finding it? I'm wanting to buy it's big brother, so to speak, the Z500KL with LTE and the bigger battery as it seems the perfect tablet for my needs but it seems a little dated for something in 2017.

The specs are somewhat up-to-date but they're pretty much the same as the Tab S2 by Samsung. The amount of RAM is good but the old Hexacore SoCs they use seem dated. Do you notice any slow-downs or sluggishness or just general bugginess?
29th April 2017, 06:08 PM |#3  

More
It seems that so far only Asus Original charger can do QC on 3S 10 pad, other famous brands QC 3.0 chargers won't work at all, don't know why. I have tried Aukey, Dodocool, Tronsmart, all QC 3.0 certified chargers are not working on Asus 3S 10.

Yes you read me that Asus original charger can do QC, i plug the Asus charger on my Note4 and S7 Edge both will show fast charging. On the 3S 10 pad, It won't prompt "Fast Charging" like Samsung, it will just show a small "+" icon on the battery icon on top if QC is going on. My zenpad is Z500KL snapdragon chipset.

However it is not known which version of QC the Asus charger is applying, it could be QC 3.0 or QC 2.0 or 1.0 too since they are backward compatible.

Asus 3S 10 Z500KL Quick Charge
1st May 2017, 12:04 PM |#4  

More
LOL... i finally found another charger that will quick charge the Asus 3S 10 Z500KL.
Since earlier I tried Asus charger on Samsung phones and found out fast charging is working, I did the other way today round, and it worked! Samsung charger is an Adaptive Fast Charger, not Qualcomm Quick Charger as I know, how could it work...

Tried out 2 Aukey QC 3.0 chargers and they refused to work with Z500KL. I am really interested to know if any QC 3.0 certified charger will work with Asus 3S 10.
Samsung charger QC the zenpad
Aukey PA-T14 failed to QC the zenpad
Aukey PA-T16 failed to QC the zenpad
The Following User Says Thank You to iieeann For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iieeann Ad-Free
31st May 2017, 01:54 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I just got this tablet, paid less than £250. Installed Ampere that doesnt seem to be supported, is there any other way I can test my various chargers and cables.
btw I'm not seeing the '+' symbol using Asus, Nexus 6P charger
8th August 2017, 10:31 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinjay

I just got this tablet, paid less than £250. Installed Ampere that doesnt seem to be supported, is there any other way I can test my various chargers and cables.
btw I'm not seeing the '+' symbol using Asus, Nexus 6P charger

*BUMP*

(Quick Intro, long time user of XDA and 22yrs professional IT Support Experience)

I have had the z500m since February, with countless hours searching on this issue. Nearest I can tell, nobody can get the z500m to (at least indicate) quick charging. Not the OEM charger. I've personally tried Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and S8+ adapters, Anker QC 3.0 Wall and Battery Pack chargers none of any have indicated the oh so sought after "+ sign" nor "quick charging" battery status that the guys on the z500kl have been able to get.

I've contacted Asus support, they claim my tablet needs to be serviced and request I send it in. Two weeks no tablet has me heavily procrastinating that path.

Anyone have the z500m that can share more?

Thanks!

BT
20th August 2017, 10:53 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGTHOM34

*BUMP*

(Quick Intro, long time user of XDA and 22yrs professional IT Support Experience)

I have had the z500m since February, with countless hours searching on this issue. Nearest I can tell, nobody can get the z500m to (at least indicate) quick charging. Not the OEM charger. I've personally tried Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and S8+ adapters, Anker QC 3.0 Wall and Battery Pack chargers none of any have indicated the oh so sought after "+ sign" nor "quick charging" battery status that the guys on the z500kl have been able to get.

I've contacted Asus support, they claim my tablet needs to be serviced and request I send it in. Two weeks no tablet has me heavily procrastinating that path.

Anyone have the z500m that can share more?

Thanks!

BT

I have the Z500M as well... And the same problems as you... And inability to find an answer... And Asus wanted me to do the exact same thing bc they had no answer... Do you have any update?
20th August 2017, 11:07 PM |#8  

More
You need the Asus 18w charger to enable quick charging, I can post a link

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
20th August 2017, 11:12 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thajo310

You need the Asus 18w charger to enable quick charging, I can post a link

PLEASE DO!!!... bc so far no one with a Z500M has been able to get the tablet to signify quick charging nor been able to get Asus to give us a straight answer as to what charger SPECIFICALLY will wuick charge our Z500Ms...
The Following User Says Thank You to Dilla312 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dilla312 Ad-Free
20th August 2017, 11:50 PM |#10  

More
I had the same problem, it took some research but I found it, I'll post the Amazon link, it's a bit expensive but it may be cheaper on eBay or some other website

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

Offical OEM ASUS 18W "Fast" Wall/Travel Charger with TYPE - C USB For ZenFone 3/Zenpad Z10/ ZT500KL/LG G5/G6/Galaxy S8/S8+/Tab S3

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

Won't let me post a link search this on Amazon

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Use the model number from the site to find it cheaper elsewhere

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Quote:

I had the same problem, it took some research but I found it, I'll post the Amazon link, it's a bit expensive but it may be cheaper on eBay or some other website

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

Offical OEM ASUS 18W "Fast" Wall/Travel Charger with TYPE - C USB For ZenFone 3/Zenpad Z10/ ZT500KL/LG G5/G6/Galaxy S8/S8+/Tab S3

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

I can confirm that this works for quick charging, shows the plus sign as well as says quick charging

21st August 2017, 12:06 AM |#11  

More
Quote:

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

I can confirm that this works for quick charging, shows the plus sign as well as says quick charging

Thanks!... I'm gonna check it out now... Do you have a Z500M or Z500KL?...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)