FORUMS

Best portable Power Bank (after so many attemps)

661 posts
Thanks Meter: 29

By sblantipodi, Senior Member on 29th August 2017, 01:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all,
I open this thread because I am tired of buying power banks that is too big, with slow charging or with bad capacity.

After to many trial and error I ended up with two power banks that is in my opinion the best of the batch.
Those were the minimum requirements to be considered:
1) very portable
2) very good capacity
3) fast charging (input/output)
4) premium materials

and here the two finalists:
Aukey PB-Y12 10050mAh and the Anker PowerCore+ 10050mAh

As you can see from the photos, both batteries feels very premium with aluminum case, both with 10050mAh capacity, both with protection against excessive current, overheating, and overcharging.

Aukey is slighly taller but fairly thinner,
Anker is slightly heavier with 241 grams over the 218 grams of the Aukey.

Aukey has three ports: 1x input micro USB, 1x input/output USB Type C, 1x output USB Type A
Anker has two ports: 1x input micro USB, 1x output USB Type A

Aukey can be charged from 0 to 100% in 4 hours using both micro USB or Type C.
Anker can be charged from 0 to 100% in 4 hours using micro USB only.

When charging phones using USB type A, both power banks are able to charge at approx 12W.

The real difference is when charging Type C phones, most Type C phones like Nexus 5X/6P, Google Pixel, Samsung Galaxy S8 and others are not able to be charged at full speed when using a Type A to Type C cable.
I have a Galaxy S8 and a Nexus 5X, both phones uses Type C port, Nexus 5X only report "charging" when connected to the Anker, "fast charging" when connected to the Aukey, same for the Samsung phone.

Aukey charges the phones a lot faster,
Aukey - Nexus 5X from 0 to 100% in 1 hours and 40 minutes.
Anker - Nexus 5X from 0 to 100% in 2 hours and half.

Aukey cost even a little bit less than the Anker.

So the finalist is the Aukey, it wins hands down.
4th September 2017, 12:17 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I had better results with Anker
I have the Anker PowerCore+ 10050mAh QC3 and Galaxy S8+, my results were different. Also the S8+ is a larger battery than the S8 so I would expect even better results with the S8.
Compared to the Samsung wall charger and cable (USB-C to USB A) that came with the S8+, the Anker charges at the SAME speed.
With the S8+ POWERED OFF, charging is less than 90 mins. Approximately 18% per 15 charging mins. (Same cable that came with the S8+). There's not much difference when powered on and on the lock screen.
Fast charging notification shows up on the screen when the phone is on the lock screen...not on open screen or when powered off.
BTW, I also have the Anker PowerCore+ 26800mAh QC3 and PowerCore+ 13400mAh QC3, same results.
In all cases I used the stock USB-C to USB A cable that came with the phone.
21st December 2017, 12:42 PM |#3  

Donate to Me
More
Click image for larger version

Name:	DpE6G2-GfLE.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	4366374 Click image for larger version

Name:	h6JjtVmrsrM.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	4366375
I have this Chinese trash. It was a gift when I bought a new phone. In the phone, the battery is 4300mAh on the power bank is written that its capacity is 8000mAh but really I can charge the phone only once. Already starting to think about Anker, stop only the fact that power bank I use not so often.
21st December 2017, 04:46 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29

More
I have bought a MotoG5S for my father.
While Aukey is the only charger I founded that is able to fast charge the Nexus 5X and type C google phones in general, it isn't able to fast charge the Motorola.
Anker, is able to fast charge the Motorola but not the type C phones.

there is no perfet power bank here.
24th November 2018, 10:27 AM |#5  

More
Worth every penny
f you're looking for peace of mind every time you leave the house, this power bank anker powercore 10000mAH doesn't disappoint. It's the size of a credit card and only a hair heavier than my iPhone 6 making it extremely portable without being bulky and heavy. There's a power button you press which shows how much power is left via 4 blue leds (when it's dead, only one led will flash). You can only charge one device with this power bank but I'm always impressed by how quickly this charges my iPhone 6 (from 10% to near full takes approximately 1 hour). So far, I've been able to charge my phone about 4 times from near empty to full before having to charge the power bank. It comes with a usb cable to charge the power bank itself as well as a drawstring pouch. Since I hate carrying around the long original lightning cable from Apple, I bought the 1 foot "Double Braided Nylon Anker PowerLine+ Lightning Cable" which is the perfect size.

What I love the most about this power bank is how effective it's been. The power bank itself requires at least 2 hours to charge from empty to full but once charged, your phone will charge to full in less time. As a result, I haven't charged my phone using a wall outlet since I bought this more than a week ago. Not having to worry about my phone going dead or being near a wall outlet is the best feeling next to purchasing a new phone.

So if you want a reliable power bank that charges your phone in no time and frees you from being attached to a wall outlet, GET THIS!
17th December 2018, 07:45 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sblantipodi

Hi all,
I open this thread because I am tired of buying power banks that is too big, with slow charging or with bad capacity.

After to many trial and error I ended up with two power banks that is in my opinion the best of the batch.
1) very portable
2) very good capacity
4) premium materials

As you can see from the photos, both batteries feels very premium with aluminum case, both with 10050mAh capacity, both with protection against excessive current, overheating, and overcharging.

Aukey has three ports: 1x input micro USB, 1x input/output USB Type C, 1x output USB Type A

When charging phones using USB type A, both power banks are able to charge at approx 12W.

The real difference is when charging Type C phones, most Type C phones like Nexus 5X/6P, Google Pixel, Samsung Galaxy S8 and others are not able to be charged at full speed when using a Type A to Type C cable.
I have a Galaxy S8 and a Nexus 5X, both phones uses Type C port, Nexus 5X only report "charging" when connected to the Anker, "fast charging" when connected to the Aukey, same for the Samsung phone.

Yes Anker has and produce the best power bank in the industry
28th December 2018, 03:38 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sblantipodi

Hi all,

1) very portable
2) very good capacity
4) premium materials

I haven an anker it charges well and been working fine for me for the past year
29th December 2018, 08:28 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaBen

I have been using xiaomi powerbank 10000+ for two years now and I would like to change it to something more relevant, perhaps I will listen to your recommendation, thank you very much!

Yes i agree with him
3rd July 2019, 02:03 PM |#9  

More
Thanks for showing the best portable chargers
I also looking for the best portable chargers for my Nokia phone.
Do you please suggest me more power banks which one has the long battery backup.
4th July 2019, 07:40 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamrainer

I also looking for the best portable chargers for my Nokia phone.
Do you please suggest me more power banks which one has the long battery backup.

I been using the Aukey 30,000mah powerbank.
4th July 2019, 09:14 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC609

I been using the Aukey 30,000mah powerbank.

How your experience is going with it?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)