FORUMS

[Bluetooth Headset] Hands-free not working in Windows 10

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By antodonofrio95, Junior Member on 18th May 2020, 03:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all,

I recently bought the new Huawei Freebuds 3i. They are really nice and work pretty good with Android.

In Windows the problems start to happen. As far as I understood every headset with a microphone has a Stereo device and a Hands-Free device. The first is for multimedia such as YouTube, music and so on. The second one is for voice calls, or apps like Discord/TS. While the stereo works fine, the hands-free doesn't. In Microsoft Teams, and all the other apps, I configured audio IN/OUT to use the Hands-Free device, like this:

What happens is:
  1. Insert earphones;
  2. Start the call;
  3. For the first 2 minutes the call is perfect. I can both hear and speak;
  4. After these 2 minutes the IN audio doesn't work anymore. The mic will still continue working and the other people will continue hearing me, but I can't hear them.
When I go on the sound panel I see that the sound is playing, but I can't hear it through my earphones!

It's like something goes in conflict in the earphones and they stop speaking. I have tried lots of setting but none of them worked. By now the only way to use the earphones is to use them with an external microphone (like my gaming headset's ones) and it will work. But obviously I would like to use them with the integrated ones.

Has somebody had this issue and solved it?
Thanks in advance folks.

EDIT: I have now just tried disabling all the other audio sources, keeping only the Hands-Free device. It still gives the problem. After some minutes the sound just stops, although the audio seems going on. And obviously, having only this device as output, I cannot hear any sound from the PC, neither YT or Windows sounds.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)