FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] cheap Google fit compatible band?

1,256 posts
Thanks Meter: 470

By CrazyPeter, Senior Member on 24th April 2015, 11:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Does such a thing exist? Only want step counting, and won't lock my data into closed propriterry data stores of jawbone, Sony and others.

Google fit seems to be the only true open platform that data can be put into and taken from.

14th July 2019, 11:46 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPeter

Does such a thing exist? Only want step counting, and won't lock my data into closed propriterry data stores of jawbone, Sony and others.

Google fit seems to be the only true open platform that data can be put into and taken from.

I know it has been 4 years since the request, but I had exactly the same one recently which makes me think it's an eternal question One of my needs is exactly to have daily steps, distances and calories available in a widespread storage.

I'm currently working on an Android app I called Mi Fit Companion (closed beta now) that extracts data from Mi Fit and exports it to online services. Requires root, already exports to GPX files, Strava via its API. Export to Google Fit is in process.
This essentially means that all Mi Band (2, 3 and 4 are tested) and Amazfit bands (testes with Amazfit Cor, theoretically all models should work, probably except Amazfit Pace -- need to verify though) that are the lowest price end of fitness band world become compatible with Strava and Google Fit. And something else we can imagine.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)