Iwown I5 Plus, upgrade, downgrade, Zeroner software MOD, Firmware, DFU...

Search This thread

antouaa

May 6, 2016
Just wondering have anyone found an upgrade version of the bracelet. I've tried many other bracelets and while the bracelets were good the app didn't provide the same functionality as with this one.
If you want the same app you must find a bracelet from iwownfit.. A good one that I want to take (when i5 plus will be dead) is IWOWN i6 hrc.
P. S. I agree IWOWNFit app is very good!

Reactions: Zaiaku

oldslowdiver

Sep 14, 2011
Rome
definitely a good upgrade, that's for the response, info and recommendation of the i6 hrc.

I was considering too I6 hr c, but it's still IP67 - and my I5 Plus (which is IP67) got finally damaged after several times I used it in the shower or while swimming, so - for the same price, I opted to get an IP68 such as ID115Plus Color HR.
It works fine with VeryFitPro app.

Just my two cents.

I was considering too I6 hr c, but it's still IP67 - and my I5 Plus (which is IP67) got finally damaged after several times I used it in the shower or while swimming, so - for the same price, I opted to get an IP68 such as ID115Plus Color HR.
It works fine with VeryFitPro app.

Just my two cents.
the problem with that one is that the bands stretch out over time and then the device will start to just fall off my wrist many times.

Reactions: oldslowdiver

oldslowdiver

Sep 14, 2011
Rome
the problem with that one is that the bands stretch out over time and then the device will start to just fall off my wrist many times.

Yeah, you're right. Actually, it bothered me that I couldn't not use Macrodroid for notifications, and there' s that slight 1sec delay each time I press the bottom to light the screen (I'm talking about ID115Plus Color HR), - so I gave it back to Amazon and found i7a Fitness tracker, which is just a step further after i6 hr c (always by Iwown, and rebranded with several names).

Almost the same software, yet, a cooler smoth design, and look. Easier to remove the straps for recharging. It stores until 5 push messages, there's the weather/degree icon, you can set the vibration mode.. there's more here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRI8LoZnxUM

Cheers.

//////////////////

So, after a couple of weeks with Iwown i7a, which sounded promising, I'm actually going back to i5 plus, because:

i7a is cool, coloured, full of data and fancy features like most of latest fitness wristbands, but it loses too often connection, you can get bluetooth pairing only through two apps (Zeroner Health Pro and Iwownfit pro), and it is impossible to get Android System Bluetooth pairing (I had a try with most of bluetooth pair around, to force bluetooth pairing, - changing pairing pin code, adding mac address, - no way!!!): so, no way to vip list i7A for Google Smart Lock.
Plus, the font used on this fitness tracker is too small for casual reading of push messages, and if you miss one, it's kinda tricky to navigate the menu to reach it again and read it, without the accidental risk of deleting all of the 5 storaged messages.
Last but not least, - the MOST important feature: the bluetooth range is too short, in comparison with i5 Plus.

I have sent a couple of messages to Iwown for assistance, but, no luck.

For hc fans of Iwown, I found these documents of USA FCC which tear down i7a, as well as other Iwown products (https://fccid.io/2AKPH - There's no I5 plus, but, there are shown i7a, i6 hrc, i5hr, i6hr, i6pro) introduced on the american market, from internal photos, to tests, manual etc - pretty cool! https://fccid.io/2AKPH-I7A

Enjoy!

png.php

Last edited:
Yeah, you're right. Actually, it bothered me that I couldn't not use Macrodroid for notifications, and there' s that ...

Enjoy!

png.php

I got the i7a for about a month now. I can't go bacc to the i5+ any more. Here's a few reason why:
  • band looks and feel more durable (only time will tell)
  • battery last about 33% longer even with more usage then the i5+ (getting over 3 weeks compare to over 2 weeks)
  • the band actually let's me know I have a call before my phone does (don't even know how that is possible)
  • sms notification are the complete msg versus partial
  • the app is cleaner (i5+ seem to had a few menu that was a pain to get to)

If I can find a way to make all notification to fully display on this thing I will be in heaven.

Reactions: adibadro

oldslowdiver

Sep 14, 2011
Rome
I got the i7a for about a month now. I can't go bacc to the i5+ any more. Here's a few reason why:
  • band looks and feel more durable (only time will tell)
  • battery last about 33% longer even with more usage then the i5+ (getting over 3 weeks compare to over 2 weeks)
  • the band actually let's me know I have a call before my phone does (don't even know how that is possible)
  • sms notification are the complete msg versus partial
  • the app is cleaner (i5+ seem to had a few menu that was a pain to get to)

If I can find a way to make all notification to fully display on this thing I will be in heaven.

Thank you for your feedback. Just for talking: yeah, maybe the band looks more durable, but, it's kinda tricky to remove the tracker from the strap. About the battery during longer.. hmmm kinda hard to tell, it depends on the use you do, - especially if you consider the h24 heart-rate thing, if you want it always on (it's cool!). The push notification is better managed with I7a, yet, the font is too small (they should add an option to make it smaller/bigger through app), - but it's kinda tricky to navigate the menu until the message area, and more than once I accidentally deleted the very message I wanted to read, or I accidentally changed the watch face.
And last but not least: if you temporarily delete the connection with i7a from the app (Zeroner Health Pro or Iwown Pro), and add another wristband (i.e. I5 plus), then you want to re-add i7a, you'll find you have to re-do all the settings from the beginning (alarms, vibrations, push notifications): that pissed me off! - While on the contrary, that won't occur with i5 plus.

And there's still one IMPORTANT THING missing on i7a: the 'find my phone' option. There is not. Since it often loses connection with phone when it's out of (bluetooth) range (and i7a's bluetooth range sucks in comparison with i5 plus, - how strange, maybe they limited the bluetooth spectre to save battery life?), I can't find my phone with i7a, while with i5 plus, yes I can.

i7a:
Bluetooth version: V4.2 BLE
Frequency Range: 2402MHz-2480MHz
Battery 75mah

i5 plus:
Bluetooth version: 4.0 BLE
Freq. Range: I don't know
Battery 75mah

And as I mentioned above, i7a won't work with Google Smart Lock, - it's impossible to make it recognised as trusted device for unlock. - I5 plus will work as a charm, instead.

Of course, i7a's screen is fully readble in a sunny day, but it sucks if you use it (like me) at night, in the dark when you want a small 'torch' always available with you..

Just my two cents!

Last edited:
Thank you for your feedback. Just for talking: yeah, maybe the band looks more durable, but, it's kinda tricky to remove the tracker from the strap. About the battery during longer.. hmmm kinda hard to tell, it depends on the use you do, - especially if you ....

Just my two cents!

I don't know how I'm getting a better batter life with it. especially since they have the same battery. The 2 feature you lited, find phone and google smart locc I never use. I really never use the heart-rate censor either. And I do use it as a small torch too lol. Thought I was the only one that did that lol. Removing was weird but after the 3rd time, super simple but we will see how it helps the band last or not.

I haven't accidentally deleted a msg yet. Guess we all have our quirks.

antouaa

May 6, 2016
i7a, no doubt about that. i6 hr c doesn't not feature weather (which - still - is fancy as useless and inaccurate). And the band is kinda delicate.
If you find i7G (with gps) is even cooler. But, as mentioned above, I still prefer i5 plus!!!
I think that both of that have the future for weather. Me too I still love my i5 plus and it is difficult to change it.

andrei80

Jul 30, 2012
Barlad
Huawei P20 Pro
Huawei P30 Pro
I6 HRC is fine. It DOES feature weather, but it only updates when it syncs with app(I7 probably doeas that too), so it's useless because it only autosyncs once a day, as far as I can tell and if you sync manually, you already have access to the forecast. Battery is better than I5, it lasts usually more than 1 week with notifications on. The strap is like a watch strap, so more secure than I5.
One big plus vs I7 seems to be the fact that it has a light sensor and it dims the display when it gets darker, just like a smartphone. That must help with the battery too...
The only little problem I had with it is that recently one of the lips under it that secures it in the strap has brocken. It's still safely in place, but it comes out a bit easier.

mostafaasd555

Jul 6, 2019
When I downgraded my band i5
It stopped worked but every half minute it make vibration and led make one flash enough how I solved it plz

cheystar

Jun 18, 2005
Just got an i5 plus smartband for $9.99 Cad. Any recommendations on what to do. Like mods or any tips for the i5 plus. Btw running the watch on an iPhone and the health pro app says the firmware is 2.1.2.3. Much appreciated

Last edited:

kwisomialbert

Sep 30, 2020
hi
i guess i charged wrong firmware.
now my i5 blinking. just blinking. black screen. no response
not detected by blutooth to charge another firm.

Is it over?
pls help

Top Liked Posts