iWOWN i7 smart bracelet with heart rate monitor

Search This thread

frofa

Dec 19, 2015
It looks like a device has hit the market that looks almost the same, can do everything the iWown7 can do, and has all the features I always wanted my iWown7 to have:

* a colour-eInk display
* GPS
* compass
* better battery life (up to 45 days)
* better app (MiFit)
* a charging cradle that really stays on the device and doesn't easily disconnect itself

It's Xiaomi's Amazfit BIP, and there is even a thread about it here on xda: https://xdaforums.com/smartwatch/amazfit/amazfit-bip-t3654517

beboylqt

Aug 18, 2016
It looks like a device has hit the market that looks almost the same, can do everything the iWown7 can do, and has all the features I always wanted my iWown7 to have:

* a colour-eInk display
* GPS
* compass
* better battery life (up to 45 days)
* better app (MiFit)
* a charging cradle that really stays on the device and doesn't easily disconnect itself

It's Xiaomi's Amazfit BIP, and there is even a thread about it here on xda: https://xdaforums.com/smartwatch/amazfit/amazfit-bip-t3654517

I bought it
Piwz0ZD.jpg

Reactions: adibadro

frofa

Dec 19, 2015

thanks for showing them side by side. I have ordered mine a month ago, but it is still in transit from China.

Do you like it? Are there any points you like less than on the iWown i7? Can you maybe post a comparison, e.g. for the step counter? Do they give the "same" results (plus-minus something)? My wife has a Miband 2, and her readings are basically the same as on my i7, so I think the Bip should also be very similar.

adibadro

Mar 10, 2012
The Hague / Den Haag

good catch on where the veersion is noted down! upgraded it but so far, it seems that 1.0.5.5 is more of an optimisation firmwear, i.e. longer battery life.
It's a pitty there won't be any more firmwears after this one, especially seeing they're comming up with new products. This i7 makes for a very work environment oriented watch, but keeds its workout DNA.

adibadro

Mar 10, 2012
The Hague / Den Haag
iWownfit Pro app

PEOPLE !!!!

maybe some know, maybe some don't (for those who do, bear with me)

there is a iWownfit PRO app in the play store and it's just... leaps ahead of the regular iwownfit app my miles and miles!
When you connect for the first time, go for the bracelet option, not the watch.
I like the curves way more than proviously.
Not sure why in there are 145 minutes of heart rate 94-113 (in a following image) when my resting heart rate is around 58 (it does go lower tho' - train BJJ guys !!! ), but i'll assume anything under 94bpm is included there. reading the graph, it's clear there weren't that many spikes but it's suuper minor thing.

I cannot belive I didn't know about this :eek::eek::eek::eek:

some screen shots:
GoN6dc
v6GHaF
UtXQZ3

------------------------------------

bfZ2S4
inhHwa
L8Ua8j

YXLNie
L826r5

GqxZJA
UBr4ys
vNjEe3

agDsdX

Last edited:
Reactions: iWOWNfit

dmn.apashu

Apr 18, 2016
Bucharest
Hey,

I have brought this watch, actually Allwatch made/sold by Allview.

After reading searching the web and such I have found that allwatch is the same as this one, exactly the same.

The watch can connect to the following apps: zeroner health pro/zeroner; iwownfit pro/iwownfit; allwatch (all from google play).

After connecting the watch to zeroner I have upgraded the firmware to 1.0.5.5, changes:
* no more animations;
* i can scroll freely (circular as in the sense that I will not hit a wall at the menu or schedule watch screen and it goes back/round from menu to schedule and from schedule to menu watch face);
* the schedule screen not does not says "You have no schedule sets..." (or something like that) and it just shows a blank screen with a 0 written in the right down corner as is the notification watch face when you have no notifications. Also I can scroll Upwards to another watch face that is exactly the same - blank with a zero right down corner.
* I have only two watch faces (one with the time/month/day/day) and one classic. Before upgrading I had 3. This is my main issue.
* I cannot use the photo option from the watch (only by using one of the apps cannot remember which one, not a big deal).
* I cannot use the music controller. My Xperia X cannot see the watch in bluetooth options, the watch can connect to the phone only by using one of the apps.
* In the menu watch screen face I have the following "options": Power/ Find Phone/ Change Watch Face/ Pulse. Nothing more.
* The notifications are the same, good.
*The sports, previously I had a couple of sports written under the sports watch face, now I need to add them from an app, (not a big deal as I do not use that function).

Anything else I should be looking for? Gps things? How do i use the scheduler?

Can someone help me by guiding me on how to have more watch faces and how to activate the music controller? What would be the best app to use? Can I have a full list of options/features that I should check to see if I have them/ways to make them work?

Thanks,
Andrei.

Edit:

Also, I found it interesting as Allview isn't advertising the music/photo options (photo works from app) also other things that I have read here. I think the IP resistance rating is higher, from 65 to 67? I think that's the only difference between the watches. They may also be lying..

Last edited:

adibadro

Mar 10, 2012
The Hague / Den Haag
Hey hey!
No idea why I didn't see the post sooner, as I am supposed to got notifications on any updates if the thread, but I'll get back to you in a short while with all the answers, as soon as I'll be at a PC.

adibadro

Mar 10, 2012
The Hague / Den Haag
Hey,

I have brought this watch, actually Allwatch made/sold by Allview.

After reading searching the web and such I have found that allwatch is the same as this one, exactly the same.

Hi, again!

Yes, the Allwatch is the exact same piece of hardware as the i7. I wrote to them (Allview) about it, no reply. at all.
the first 4 apps you mentioned are coded by iwown but I'd recommend going with the iwownfit pro one as it is not only the stable one, but also has no battery drain issues with updates, everything is translated proeprly and operates smotthest.

Firmware 1.0.5.5 is the latest and last that the i7 will receive as the product line is developing (just glance over here). oh, and ther's gonna be an indiegogo campaign for the R1 launching pretty soon.

the 3rd watchface was removed because it had a glitch when displaying minutes in the 40-range. I also liked having the options, but sticking with the digital one got comfortable after a while. (again, i feel your pain)

for both the photo and the music option you have to connect the i7 to the phone through the bluetooth settings, not the app. and because of the extra annoyance Allview would rather not say anything.

the sports function is better as it syncs daily schedules, depending on how you've set them from the app - but since it's not something you use, no added value for you.
the i7 does not support GPS, but there will be products that do, from iwown, of course.

the i7 is for sure ip67. how do i know that? I wore it while swimming for more than an hour, under water and all.

for the scheduler:
in the app you set your meetings/reminders or alarms.
the alarms would simply make the i7 vibrate (you know this already) as will the reminders.
you have here the screenshots to go through the setting of a reminder. after that you can scroll only through the day's schedule and only the ones to come, not any of the past events.

Oh, one more thing (tm) :p
sorry for the late reply, holidays and all, but I also did not see any notifications from XDA regarding the topic at hand.

Feel free to ask anything else, tho'

Last edited:

aadish02

Apr 21, 2018
hi could you provide the link or file to firmware (1.0.4.9) for iwown i7, i am currenty runnig on firmware (1.0.5.5) and i am willing to downgrade the device..please help me out.
Thanks.

beboylqt

Aug 18, 2016
I am currently in version 1.0.3.8 but when I check for updates it is reported as the latest version. How to update a newer version?

adibadro

Mar 10, 2012
The Hague / Den Haag
Hi,
You should search in the thread... Not that many pages back, you'll find the zip file with 1.0.5.4 and then, from the initial post, you'll see how to use the dfu app to update it.
There are 3-4 steps to do, because the direct iwown way doesn't work due to them haveling removed the update files from the servers.

Hope it helps

Reactions: beboylqt

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This post updates frequently

This thread is aimed to bring together all the information available on the i7 smart band: firmware, troubleshooting, features etc. This thread is also possible thanks to the work already done my user roninzgz for the i5+ smartband
    I video review will also be soon posted (already delayed).

The app called Zeroner can be found in the play store here, or, for the most up-to-date app, one can find it here, in chinese (4.0.1.6), downloadable to your PC. The Chinese dev thread is here

The best version of the app to be used in english is the roninzgz moded one Zeroner 3.3.4 in En or Es here, here or here

A fast picture album after I unpacked it can be seen here. More, better quality photos, will be updated shortly.

A short review:

First off, we're talking about the all black version (black anodized aluminium body with a black wristband). A very good quality build and I was lucky to find it for a bit over 50€ though prices can change change.
    It uses a 1.28 inch Sharp Memory LCD with a 128x128 pixel resolution (the same as the Pebble) making it have a battery life of veeeery close to 4 full days. There are some things I'd change in order to increase the life span, like the backlight, though dim, should have the option to be set between a specific interval, and not turn on at all during sleep mode. This is, however, not affected by the "screen mode" balk zith white text or white with black text as the whole screen needs to be refreshed and it eats the same 3-5 uA (micro amps) to do.
    The body is sleek and allows for standard 20 mm wristbands to be used. It's thickness is as advertised, 8.4 mm, but the flat cut sides give it thinner look and the heart-rate sensor "bump" is unnoticeable.
    Speaking of the heart-rate function, it's not always on, but rather it is a discreet one, at a minimum 10 minute intervals, depending on the activity. If sedentary, then the interval goes to 30 minutes. It is very accurate in measurements (compared with a medical one) and, as seen in Zeroner 3.3.4, it has it's own firmware (though 3.6.6.7 pushes it automatically, simultaneously)
    It comes with 3 watch faces though the new firmware update changes the UI altogether. The one on the device at shipment is 1.0.3.9, to be updated to 1.0.5.4 (using Zeroner 4.0.1.6)

The screen responds to both swipes and touches. It has 5 active areas under the glass (2.5D) and it's not "too" sensitive but you'll never miss a command if the whole gesture is done.
    It stores up to 8, full text notifications (basically it copies the phone's notification to the device' screen) - this function will change in the new firmware.
    The device has English and Chinese menus, though the English one is pictogram based. It is, however, very intuitive and straightforward.
    The new UI will bring camera and media player controls.
    aDCHLu

A few all round pictures (until video review is completed):

Out of the box and pakage content
    5zGQYV

Frontal
    BYJil4

Side profile
    I9ENLg

Low angle side profile
    pf77rH

Underside
    CiX9pv

Heart rate sensor closeup
    ukIShp

Latest iOS app

095627lqttqc33fmqq666q.png

Update procedure
    Here's a little step by step updating procedure for the chinese app - valid for both Android and iOS
    HERE

For any very specific details you can also PM me
    I7 UPGRADE UNIVERSAL METHOD ANDROID

Process

Bluetooth "ON" I7 and android DEVICE

Please read before.
    With this process the i7 will enter into dfu mode very simple, without go in blanc screen or similar.. So its very important u do the process from point 1 to point 9 as fast as possible cause the dfu status stay up for something like 10 sec. Than, if process dfu update not start, the iwown "reset" and come back on the home screen. I write "reset" cause apparently never iwown get blanc screen or something like this, it stays everytime on home screen graphic.
    When it finish the dfu time it show for 2 sec the "QR view" of the sfw version (like last photo on this topic) and come back on homescreen. This is signal dfu mode finish automatically.

Open App Dfu Mode I5 Plus.

1- Push SCAN
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...LI/AAAAAAAAAM8/_YvBNVqyGnk/s400-Ic42/scan.png

2- Select Bracelet.
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-.../AAAAAAAAANM/qmDhfXz7QfA/s400-Ic42/select.png

3- Wait.

4- Push "Enter to DFU Process.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAAAAAANA/wS998qKQY4o/s400-Ic42/enterdfu.png
    5- Push Circle "Push For DFU Mode" 2 times (nothing happend apparently, so don t stay waitin)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAAAAAAANI/GoSSsGGofzE/s400-Ic42/pushdfu.png

6- Open app nRF Master Control.

7- Push Connect i7s DFU ( i7s DFU shows the iwown its correctly in dfu mode. if it shows "bracialet xxx" or "i7s" ecc it s yet not in dfu, so you have to close all the 2 app and start again from point 1)
    (same screen as this one under with different device name)
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...AKY/yOtJWcIyJzg/s400-Ic42/connect%2520nrf.jpg

8- Push DFU*

pay attention cause that bottom DFU if you lose too much time on the previous steps it will not be displayed.
    so u must come back at point 1, after close the 2 app.
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAAAAANc/1uQxqMvh2Zw/s800-Ic42/dfucircle.png

9- on new screen it opens Select
    DISTRIBUTION PACKET (zip)
    AND select i7s.zip file you download before
    (you find it at the page 24 of this forum here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=66826215&postcount=235 )

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...0/jbAqV2S6wC8/s400-Ic42/controlaplication.jpg

Starting uploading firmware.

When finish PUSH disconnect on app nRF Master Control , and u will have a i7 uploaded with last firmware .
    in this case i put 1.0.3.6 but u can downgrade it also with this method.

http://postimg.org/image/6v1nx1fmj/full/

THANKS FOR *roninzgz USER WHO DID the most of this guide and where i take most of the images.

From < http://xdaforums.com/general/accessories/iwown-i5-plus-upgrade-downgrade-zeroner-t3268281 > there you will find dirct link for the app nRF Master Control and App Dfu Mode I5 Plus.
    Are you sure that is the official one? Their official site says "coming soon" and the picture looks totally different.

http://www.iwown.com/en/Bracelet/

Edit: It's not listed on their chinese store either. I don't think this is actually an iwown product.

More than sure. Since not only does it pair with the latest app (which is better secured than 3.3.4) but also took the update. Also, the dedicated Chinese forum thread is a giveaway.

It is an iWOWN product and the exchanges I had with the customer service (who only reply if you write in Chinese) confirmed it for me.

Cheers

Edit: if, on the en website you just change the langue (via the flag button top right), you'll see it front and centre

http://www.iwown.com/Bracelet/2015/1010/37.html
    Hi friends! I have some news for you all. I did some more test. After verifying that my HR readings were TOTALLY wrong in all conditions, I decided to disassembly the watch to see if there was some visible problem inside and I did some test too.
    - First of all the watch has a gasket inside, so it should be a little bit waterproof (I think IP67), the general problem is that often it is very bad assembled, like in my case, so water can come inside for example under a shower, like Ofbd user reported in his bad experience. So better NOT to use it under shower in each case.
    -Second consideration regarding vibration. Vibration is not so strong because the location of the vibrating motor, and not cause the motor is not powerful. The vibrating motor is mounted inside the internal circuit assembly (the block with the mainboard+monitor+battery). This part has NO DIRECT CONTACT with the rear housing, so it's obvious that it's very difficult to feel vibration on skin. In my next unmount I will try to fasten the motor directly to rear case. If possible and successful I will post some photo.
    -Third consideration regarding HR. After unmount, I disconnected the HR sensor from main-board, and first of all I tried to start the manual HR reading from watch opened and hr sensor disconnected. The watch reading was in fact 0. This is the evidence that HR sensor is not fake, like I was supposing. After that I cleaned very well with alcohol the inside of the glass where HR sensor stays (it was very dirty) and put it again inside of his housing, but this time I fastened it very well with double-sided tape. This time I tried to fasten it as close as possible to the glass, to have the final result that the hr sensor reeds HR trough a super clean glass and much more close to the skin than before. I mounted all the watch again, and this time I can proudly say that the HR readings are really much more close to reality. I have to test it again during sport, but the result is very good and I'm very happy of my work.

So the final consideration is that the watch per se has a valid hardware for the price, but had big assembly problems (in my case), regarding gasket and HR sensor too. If HR sensor is not very well assembled, it could have problems regarding reliable readings, so it's explained why I had all this super wrong readings before fixing the problem.

I hope I was helpful for you all!
    Hi, could u upload that zip for me? Somehow i haven't been able to get it though the app.

Here you go!!!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3o_zAFSv-a0SWtqWm9fTWpDR00/view?usp=docslist_api