JeeLight - ultimate Yeelight experience

Search This thread

marcus18

Dec 18, 2007
Hello. congratulations for the excellent work. it works perfectly from pc. is it not possible to make it work with the TV?

Blueray88

Feb 17, 2014
Just moved my whole server and set up everything new.
You will find the link to the download section at the bottom of the jeelight page or in the sidebar

Reactions: CliffyP

indigob0y

Jan 5, 2011
I also can't get the app to work. It can't find my bulb (10W color version). After I add it manually it does connect (bulb is in LAN mode), but the only thing I can do is turn it on and off. No other controls are working. Where can I find the logs?

Blueray88

Feb 17, 2014
I also can't get the app to work. It can't find my bulb (10W color version). After I add it manually it does connect (bulb is in LAN mode), but the only thing I can do is turn it on and off. No other controls are working. Where can I find the logs?

I suspect JeelIght runs via ethernet connection?
YeeLights discovery process (SSDP) doesnt work from Ethernet to a WiFi device. Because your router cannot forward this broadcast message.

Also please have a look at the guide . You need to choose your desired lights in each Tab.
Logs can be found if you start the Jar file with "java -jar JeeLight.jar"

CliffyP

Jul 12, 2011
Christiansburg
Thanks for updating the download links!

I'm having the same issues- Jeelight will only intermittently turn my lights on and off, they won't change color or update properly. However, I'm not using ethernet, I'm using Wifi. Would it make a difference if I'm on a different frequency band? That is, my Yeelights are on 2.4GHz, but my PC is connected via my 5GHz network.

Leniek

Apr 22, 2008
Łódź
I have tried it before and it was working, now both old version with installer, and java app opens for a moment and after 1-2 seconds just crashes without any error message. Is this known problem?

superbellefleche

Jun 22, 2011
Please Excuse my noobiness, but I can't find an installer for windows, is there a .exe to launch or am I missing something?

Edit: yes I was missing something, it's not a .exe, just install java and the .Jar working perfectly !! Sorry !! Thx for this app !

Last edited:

odu14ick

May 27, 2019
Hey there! Great application, thanks a lot!

I take it the app doesn't support 650 mm ceiling light yet? I managed to control it via ethernet from PC, but it seems that ambilight (as well as pretty much everything else controlled the regular yellow-to-white-to-blue light instead of the colored LED light.

Any chance you're going to add support soon?

Again, thanks a lot, appreciate the effort you put into it.

harsh2193

Mar 7, 2013
Los Angeles
Is there any way to create zones in Yeelight lightstrip? For example, if the strip is 3 feet long, can I make it act as 3 different 1 foot long zones in a way that I can have the 3 zones mimic the color of different parts of my computer screen?

will5

Sep 15, 2007
Hi. Thanks for the app.

There is any support for music mode? Using spotify or other players.

May 4, 2015
will it work with Mi led smart bulb ?

well, it's a strange question but I really wanna know if this is possible,
Since both bulb are made from the same company.

will5

Sep 15, 2007
Hi. Tried netflix windows 10 app with no luck. Kind of try to change colors on Netflix ui but nothing on movie.

Tried pot player and other players and worked great.

But netflix windows 10 app is a no go. Even tried on no fullscreen, but nothing.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Think of JeeLight as being the ultimate Yeelight experience for PC – whether you need ambient lighting for your office, a powerful Ambilight Mode that enhances immersion, or creating scenes and lighting presets for hosting parties, JeeLight can do everything you need.

Yeelights are the cheapest and best alternative to the expensive Phillips Hue!

JeeLight’s Core Features:

• Real Ambilight (“Ambilight creates light effects that correspond to the screen content.”)
      • The capturing Zones can be set up individually for each Light by drag&drop.
      • Flash detection (adds immersion to scenes with flashing lights)
      • CPU Multithreading (experimental)
      • Detect average or predominant colors – results vary depending on screen content.
      • Zone testing (launches a video to quickly test and configure your JeeLight zones)
    • Playground
      • Set each Yeelight (or all together) to your favorite color.
      • Mouseflow tracks your mouse cursor and changes your Yeelights to whatever you’re mousing over.
    • Effectcreator
      • Create your own effects. Easy as 1-2-3
    • Sceneplayer
      • Play Presets or our own Effects created in Effectcreator
      • Set different Effects to different Lights and play them at the same time
      • Upload your custom Effect to the community Server
      • Download other custom Effects and use or edit them
    • Specials
      • Roompaint
        With this mode all colors will flow slowly from one Light to the next one. And paint your room with uncountable beautiful colors.
      • Twinkle
      • Circadian Lighting (like f.lux) a lighting system designed to tap into the cycles our bodies’ follow each day, based on the color of the sky.

• Runs on Windows, MacOS and Linux
    • Supports all WiFi enabled YeeLights!

Here a short demonstration of Ambilight. This video shows the first running version. Since then many improvements and functions have been added!

Please Note:

• There is a Firmware issue in Yeelight bulbs which cause flickering due to high Framerate in Ambilight. I am in contact with Yeelight and there will be a Firmware update soon. Users of the beta firmware are able to activate the new feature (Send Beta Commands).
    • The software is in a final beta state and may not yet be working as expected – please report any bugs encountered in the forum. Furthermore its only tested on Windows, but should work on other OS too.
    • You need to enable “LAN-Control” in the Yeelight app for each Light.
    • JeeLightis free. However, I would be happy to accept small donations.This will help me to pay my hardware and server costs, as well the huge amount of coffee which is needed to develop more crazy stuff. (there’s a lot of nightly hours :). Each donator will become a Beta-tester and receive every new function at first.
    • You can use the installer for Windows and MacOS which already includes the Java runtime. Of course you can use the JAR file too.
      For Linux you have to download the latest Java Runtime and start the JAR File
    Also check out the Guide!
    Visit the Community forum and make some feature requests!

If you dont have any Yeelights yet, you can get yours following the Affiliate Links
    YeeLight color Bulb V1
    YeeLight color Bulb v2
    YeeLight Strip 2m
    Yeelight Bedside Lamp

Download JeeLight here!
    Just downloaded and tested it on my 3 lights (2 bulbs + 1 strip). It works great, here's my notes so far:

1 - CPU usage is about 20% average on an AMD A8-5600k. I'm curious how you only get 3-8% on your setup.
    2- Once you click "Start", the Jeelight app becomes very slow/unresponsive until you click "Stop". Only the Jeelight app, the computer runs normal.
    3- A 3 minute time-limit on a beta demo is kind of...meh. Its not enough time to really test the app in movies, games, etc.

In any case, great work so far, I look forward to seeing this developed more :)

Thank you for your opinion and test.

1. as i see on speed rankings, your CPU is on 460th while my is on 92th. The CPU load is also depending of the size of each capture zone
    2. On my PC you notice only very slight and short jerking every 300ms when you move the window. Actually, hardly worth mentioning. think the same problem as point one. i will try to outsource a part to a new thread in the next version.
    3. Yeah youre right.. I will increase the time to 15-20min i think.
    Update: Nevermind, I turned the lights on and off again in the Yeelight app and Jeelight instantly found them again. Weird. And after creating new zones, they all work again.

Yeah sometimes the Yeelights no longer response to any commands. I think this is a Firmware problem.

I have just one small feature request, would it be possible to name the lights in the Jeelight? Currently I move colors around my screen to figure out which zonebox controls each light
    Yes thats a nice Idea, i will do this
    p.s: You dont have to uninstall the old version.
    And to reduce your downloaddata, just download the Jar file and replace it with the Jar in your installationfolder
    C:\Program Files\JeeLight\app
    Very much looking forward to future development on this app (and a paid full version :)). I'm putting together a guide soon for maximizing Yeelight enjoyment on PC (for a tech how-to website) so this app will definitely be included along with Yeelight Toolbox :)

I've been testing various methods of getting a "Music Mode" on PC, Yeelight Toolbox works great for 1 light, and his Yeelight Music Android app can be ran inside an Android emulator on PC but that only gives a disco/strobe effect to all the lights, no color matching, so I'm looking forward to testing Jeelight with a visualizer plug-in for Foobar. Normally I run Milkdrop visualizer in full-screen mode so this should be fun :) I think with your flash detection, it should be pretty awesome.

maybe in the last step JeeLight will become a full control Software, wich include the same things. But for that i need much more people with awesome ideas...And of course time:)