M6+ Pocket Dlp Projector with Android 4.4.4 unpacking & first test

Search This thread

contrinsan

Jan 23, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EO9r9R1FGg

Got myself a 'made in China' pocket projector.
It only has the size of a phone and has a 5000mah battery so it's easy to enjoy a big screen everywhere.
(A full battery gives about 2 hours and 15 minutes of projection time at full brightness and the projector easily goes over 100 inch in projection size)
It has Wifi & Bluetooth, 2 usb connections, an infra red receiver, a hdmi out, earphone/line-out and runs on Android 4.4.4.
The usb makes it easy to connect harddisk, memory stick,.. but also things like keyboard & mouse. (you can also use it as a powerbank to charge your phone.-
The built in speaker has 1 Watt and sounds quite loud for this little device but it has no bass so you can connect it also to a soundsystem with the line out (or wireless with bluetooth) for better sound experience
It has a native 854 by 480 resolution, which is not HD but as you see in the youtube video it is a very clear and sharp image.
The built-in media player supports about every music, video and picture format (if it is supported by an app in android)
It is advertised on various websites going from 120 Ansi Lumen up to 1000 lumens but the actual lumens are 100.
For such a small projector this is more then enough. It is visible inside during daytime (not outside in direct sunlight) but it is at it's best in low light/dark room situation.

The Playstore is fully working so almost every app can be installed. Apps that mirror your phone/laptop screen let you enjoy everything wireless with wifi on a big screen
The launcher provided is nice but provides no settings which is a shame because if i delete an app from the homescreen the picture shortcut will stay and i can't replace it with something else. (I however always can install another launcher from the playstore)
It also has no pulldown menu for notifications/quicksettings, so if i get a notification, i can hear it but i cannot open the pulldown screen :)
The quadcore Arm Cortex a7 with RK3128 chip makes the Android in this projector react very smooth & fast.
It has 1 gigabyte ram & 16 Gigabyte internal memory. 1 gigabyte is not that much because most apps will only install in this memory and you start with only about 500 megabyte of free storage place.

The only minus is the Hdmi connection slot.. It doesn't support Hdmi IN, only hdmi out, that means you can not connect a game console to it for playing games. The Chinese sellers didn't mention it was only hdmi out.. (who wants a hdmi out to a smaller tv screen that shuts down the projection screen once connected lol)

Last edited:
Reactions: Badadadaba

dontregme

Mar 22, 2016
Hello Man,

I thinking about other using of this, so i would like install to device IFTTT (if this then that) app. It's can be working? I would like to using this device for wakeup alarm video (ie. a short movie from internal memory).
thanks.
Peter

dibbyb

May 3, 2016
Bricked mine - help

I saw there was an update available and downloaded it. Got an error on install and now it's stuck on the recovery system screen. None of the options get it out of the loop. Know anyplace where there's a factory image?

Ed Flaherty
Syracuse, NY
ed@myself.com

dibbyb

May 3, 2016
Fixed!

Got hold of the vendor thru Amazon. Downloaded the image file and installer program (713mb). Went smoothly thru a male to male USB cable. Now have the latest upgrade. htc_d002_box_en_noota_20160317-3.img

walde4

May 14, 2016
Where you find this vendor? My projector after update not working and now in recovery mode too

dibbyb

May 3, 2016
Vendor

The vendor was hard to contact directly. Amazon intercepts communications and edits out email addresses, even when you try to disguise them.

Eventually, they did get an email to me directly and included the installer zip file and the instruction doc file. And a link to mailQQ.com where they had put the .img file.

The return email address I got was sales4@waypower.com

Ed

walde4

May 14, 2016
Thank you very much for helping, now I repairing my projector and everything is working:)

dontregme

Mar 22, 2016
ASK

Hi,
Is it possibile to switch off the LED (and fan) from API or other way? (like standby mode in a smartphone. Processes are running, ie. alarm clock,etc.). Thx.

consoleman1

Jun 12, 2016
Is this a clone of the EcSee M6 projector?
If so, is there a difference?
Can you say something to the fan noise?

dibbyb

May 3, 2016
It DOES say M6 on the box it came in and the logo M6 is shown on the illustration in the instruction booklet but not on the projector. That's all I know about it.
The fan noise is audible but not bad enough to distract from the audio. The fan slows down and is quieter when not using the charger.

consoleman1

Jun 12, 2016
Thank you for the fast answer.
So I am looking forward to get it soon, it's on it's way from gearbest.
Does it have OTA update function?

dibbyb

May 3, 2016
Please note my previous post about updates. This projector's android version still includes setup apps that may try to use a cell phone chip that's NOT in the unit as it seems to have been developed using a HTC image. I STRONGLY discourage anyone from using the OTA update function of this unit.

consoleman1

Jun 12, 2016
Received it and it works perfect.
I would like to mod the fan as its a little to loud.
There are quieter fans on the market.
Has anyone tried to open the projector?

Received it and it works perfect.
I would like to mod the fan as its a little to loud.
There are quieter fans on the market.
Has anyone tried to open the projector?

The feeling is mutual, i've received the projector yesterday and i was very excited to replace the TV with this huge screen, but the noise of the fan is still echoing in my head. Just spoke to an expert that told me to try to put some grease/vaseline (industrial) or to replace the fan with a best one. He has no problem to make that operation but my question is is there a quieter fan ?

htmltag

May 11, 2013
Would anyone be able to upload the firmware? I have contacted the manufactures but haven't heard back yet... probably due to Chinese holiday. Mine was June 2016, but I think an older kernel would work.

supervalin

Aug 22, 2008
I need the firmware too because i have the chinese firmware (no play store) and i would change to english firmware with kodi and play store.
Thanks.

patarek

Aug 16, 2010
I have the same device - but i stock on recovery. i need rom for that device. someone know from where?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since nobody answered or sent out a link the the firmware, I went through hell and back to find the firmware. If Dibbyb's comment in post 4 is correct, then I was able to find the exact firmware.

Here is the link where you can download it. I also include RockChip Batch Tool v1.8 with USB drivers and Driver assistant in the .rar file, which I assume is the tool that is used to flash the projector (at least this is the tool that I use to flash all my Rockchip android devices)
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1NotYQ6bD8tcDdUODlTb1R1U3c

As my projector hasn't arrived yet, I haven't validated this image., just going by the image name that Dibbyb mentioned. So I claim no responsibility if something goes wrong. For anyone who decides to try this image, please let us know if it works and how you flashed the image. It particular I'd like to know how to put this projector in recover mode so that you can flash the image using the RockChip Batch Tool.
    I uploaded all the files I got from the vendor to my Google Drive.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8KlveWBbX98WG9pdWNjMmRGRjg?usp=sharing
    I was able to get a hold of Aodin as they also sell this projector. Customer support was awesome and helped out tremendously. I was able to get firmwares for the 32GB that I have and a request for the 8GB version. If someone needs the 16GB version let me know.

32GB version : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1NotYQ6bD8tM3NfWjlfYm1SSmM
    8GB version: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1NotYQ6bD8tN3piUFNTNUFTcnc

Thank you very much for your help

I confirm that the 8gb version work very smooth

my projector get back to life after more than 3 month and it did work like a charm

much appreciation

No worries, glad I can help out.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EO9r9R1FGg

Got myself a 'made in China' pocket projector.
    It only has the size of a phone and has a 5000mah battery so it's easy to enjoy a big screen everywhere.
    (A full battery gives about 2 hours and 15 minutes of projection time at full brightness and the projector easily goes over 100 inch in projection size)
    It has Wifi & Bluetooth, 2 usb connections, an infra red receiver, a hdmi out, earphone/line-out and runs on Android 4.4.4.
    The usb makes it easy to connect harddisk, memory stick,.. but also things like keyboard & mouse. (you can also use it as a powerbank to charge your phone.-
    The built in speaker has 1 Watt and sounds quite loud for this little device but it has no bass so you can connect it also to a soundsystem with the line out (or wireless with bluetooth) for better sound experience
    It has a native 854 by 480 resolution, which is not HD but as you see in the youtube video it is a very clear and sharp image.
    The built-in media player supports about every music, video and picture format (if it is supported by an app in android)
    It is advertised on various websites going from 120 Ansi Lumen up to 1000 lumens but the actual lumens are 100.
    For such a small projector this is more then enough. It is visible inside during daytime (not outside in direct sunlight) but it is at it's best in low light/dark room situation.

The Playstore is fully working so almost every app can be installed. Apps that mirror your phone/laptop screen let you enjoy everything wireless with wifi on a big screen
    The launcher provided is nice but provides no settings which is a shame because if i delete an app from the homescreen the picture shortcut will stay and i can't replace it with something else. (I however always can install another launcher from the playstore)
    It also has no pulldown menu for notifications/quicksettings, so if i get a notification, i can hear it but i cannot open the pulldown screen :)
    The quadcore Arm Cortex a7 with RK3128 chip makes the Android in this projector react very smooth & fast.
    It has 1 gigabyte ram & 16 Gigabyte internal memory. 1 gigabyte is not that much because most apps will only install in this memory and you start with only about 500 megabyte of free storage place.

The only minus is the Hdmi connection slot.. It doesn't support Hdmi IN, only hdmi out, that means you can not connect a game console to it for playing games. The Chinese sellers didn't mention it was only hdmi out.. (who wants a hdmi out to a smaller tv screen that shuts down the projection screen once connected lol)