Remove All Ads from XDA

[MiBand2] Program to modify the notification icons in the original firmware

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 31

By berryelectronics, Junior Member on 17th December 2017, 12:55 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Code:
 Your warranty is now probably void.

I am not responsible for any bricked devices, do this at your own risk!
Hello!

Over the last few weeks i really investigated into looking where the notification icon data is stored in the firmware files, because i really wanted to be able to use custom icons, as 50% wont be used anyway because i dont know what those apps are supposted to be. After i managed to find out about the location of most icons i started to make a small windows program which would help to edit those icons easily, and its at the point where its working and can do all the basic stuff it should do (loading/saving the firmware files, reading the icon data from the firmware file, small editor).

Here is a link to the gitlab repo where you can find the program (MiFirmwareEditor.exe) and the Visual Studio sourcecode.

https:// gitlab. com/berryelectronics/mi-band-2-firmware-editor/
(remove the spaces after "https://" and "gitlab.")

At the moment it only works with the version 1.0.1.54 of the firmware, as that is the one i used to find all the location of the data, though i might look into supporting newer firmware files.
But you have to get that firmware file for yourself, as i doubt that i am allowed to host that too. luckily there is a good instruction in the gadgetbridge wiki onto how to get those files.
Better make sure the firmware version you have is infact version 1.0.1.54 by flashing the unedited onto your Mi Band 2 and look what your app says is your current firmware version.

Sometimes it doesnt really refresh the drawing grid, so you might press the "redraw eidtor" button in this case.

Because it is in a very early stage, i would be pleased to get feedback and error reports if you find any

Credit:
Thanks to SirStefan for the documentation of the font data for the small text used for the date. Post

Screenshot:

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to berryelectronics For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift berryelectronics Ad-Free

17th December 2017, 01:13 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
Proof 1: Date text and time (SUN. instead of Sun.)

Proof 2: Notifications

there are still some bugs where it can crash if you click outside the program while saving the new firmware or where it tends to overwrite a small part of the numbers if they arent edited in order (from 0 to 9) but i will try to fix them over the next few days. nontheless it still works great
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to berryelectronics For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift berryelectronics Ad-Free
18th December 2017, 11:20 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Changelog
I guess it would be better to keep track of the changelog here:

Version 0.2.0
Code:
  • Added different sized Brush options (rectangular Brush)
  • Changed Brush behaviour to be fixed instead of just flipping every pixel it crosses
  • Added border around pixels that can be affected by the brush when its hovering over them
Version 0.2.1 CRITICAL
Code:
[LIST][*]CRITICAL: Fixed potential overwriting of other firmware data when saving something from the editor!!![*]Fixed redrawing and scanning of the editor when the firmware gets loaded the first time/LIST]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to berryelectronics For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift berryelectronics Ad-Free
4th January 2018, 07:08 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Really nice work
This is a pretty nice project, how can u extract the firmware of the device ? i would like to see the code to make it compatible with other apps
4th January 2018, 08:26 PM |#6  
Flag Kazan, Russia
Thanks Meter: 20

Donate to Me
More
This is amazing I hope someone does an application for doing this from the phone, it would be amazing
5th January 2018, 02:24 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by galajad

This is a pretty nice project, how can u extract the firmware of the device ? i would like to see the code to make it compatible with other apps

What do you mean with making it compatible with other Apps?

You can "extract" the firmware of the mi band's (and pretty much any other xiaomi tracker) by downloading the MiFit apk from apk mirror sites, opening that f.ex. with winrar and opening the "assets" folder. the mi band 2's firmware is named "Mili_pro.fw".
This program currently only supports the firmware version "1.0.1.54", so please dont use any other
The Following User Says Thank You to berryelectronics For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift berryelectronics Ad-Free
17th January 2018, 02:18 AM |#8  
Flag Gondal
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Hi is there any different version which is compatible with Mi band HRX edition. firmware version is 1.0.1.52 and name is Mili_pro_i.fw
I have tried above version but it is not working properly. It shows random images.
thanks in advance.
20th February 2018, 06:02 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
What kind of licence has this software? I'm updating it to work with firmware v1.0.1.69. I'm doing just the icons. I can post it here once is finished if the owner of the original program agrees.
prntscr com/ihg5gi (remove spaces)

UPDATE:
Here is that version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jdz...ew?usp=sharing
The Following User Says Thank You to miguelamacias For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift miguelamacias Ad-Free
21st February 2018, 12:25 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
This is a really nice project. Looking forward to using it.
25th February 2018, 10:03 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I've updated the program to use it on .69 Firmware. I only supported the icon changes. I'll be uploading it a few days if the owner doesn't disagree.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miguelamacias For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift miguelamacias Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)