OP Senior Member
Flag San Antonio TX
Thanks Meter: 1,120

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xl883n

from what i can tell, the snug is on the width side not length

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Well like I said if you do not mind the snug fit go for the lg. You can push out the phone from the back until the leather conforms.

31st August 2016, 07:21 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpjimmy

Well like I said if you do not mind the snug fit go for the lg. You can push out the phone from the back until the leather conforms.

Thank you. L fit perfectly. I would say it's on the loose snug side.

7th July 2017, 09:29 PM |#13  
Flag Texas

More
Has anyone anywhere reported having used something like this for an YEAR or more? Not a passing usage but as a permanent "EDC"?
7th July 2017, 09:32 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Antonio TX

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashnburnMDA

Has anyone anywhere reported having used something like this for an YEAR or more? Not a passing usage but as a permanent "EDC"?

I use it seasonally. Usually in the Autumn and winter months where I wear heavier jackets which makes wearing a belt holster annoying.
The Following User Says Thank You to kpjimmy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kpjimmy Ad-Free
4th October 2017, 09:16 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 141

More
I've been using LD West Holster with my Note 4 and it has been a life saver. As I have recently relocated to Hong Kong for a job. The LD West Holster is vert practical.
The Following User Says Thank You to iceepyon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iceepyon Ad-Free
17th November 2017, 08:51 PM |#16  
Flag NorCal
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thanks for this review. I was originally going to go with the LD West as it seemed like it would have gotten to me a bit faster. I'm also using it for a Note 8, and wasn't sure if the LD West had a pouch large enough. The Phonster is not entirely what I pictured in my head, but I'm growing increasingly fond of it. I got the XL pouch, and it feels like I maybe should have gone with L. I plan to use it most days, and assume/hope it'll last a while. Ordered my Phonster X directly from the AGE site on 9/24, shipped from Ukraine 11/3, received in Oakland, CA 11/13.

Thanks again.
The Following User Says Thank You to asgalang For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift asgalang Ad-Free
18th May 2018, 11:52 AM |#17  
Flag Texas

More
Quote:

I use it seasonally. Usually in the Autumn and winter months where I wear heavier jackets which makes wearing a belt holster annoying.

And which one is your choice for that now? I am considering using it all year round in a warm tropical country just to not have to worry about having or not having pockets in my outfit.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

Quote:

Are you in the Northern colder parts of the US?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceepyon

I've been using LD West Holster with my Note 4 and it has been a life saver. As I have recently relocated to Hong Kong for a job. The LD West Holster is vert practical.

How is it working out through the entire year in a place like HK - wearing with casual and/ or more formal clothing? All the time or skip it certain times etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asgalang

Thanks for this review. I was originally going to go with the LD West as it seemed like it would have gotten to me a bit faster. I'm also using it for a Note 8, and wasn't sure if the LD West had a pouch large enough. The Phonster is not entirely what I pictured in my head, but I'm growing increasingly fond of it. I got the XL pouch, and it feels like I maybe should have gone with L. I plan to use it most days, and assume/hope it'll last a while. Ordered my Phonster X directly from the AGE site on 9/24, shipped from Ukraine 11/3, received in Oakland, CA 11/13.

Thanks again.

Where are you using it? Location/ weather? and what scenarios / clothing do you wear it in and when you dont?
18th May 2018, 12:35 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Antonio TX

More
I'm in TX. So it does get colder and with the occasional frosting and icing. We got snow this winter!
Quote:

And which one is your choice for that now? I am considering using it all year round in a warm tropical country just to not have to worry about having or not having pockets in my outfit.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

Are you in the Northern colder parts of the US?

How is it working out through the entire year in a place like HK - wearing with casual and/ or more formal clothing? All the time or skip it certain times etc?

Where are you using it? Location/ weather? and what scenarios / clothing do you wear it in and when you dont?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
19th May 2018, 11:04 AM |#19  

More
Quote:

It is working out pretty good in a place like HK. I wear my LG Holster all the time. As I find it very convient carrying my Note 8. I wear it wearing casual and formal clothing. I use my LD West Holster all the time in HK. Except during the Winter months as I can wear my leather jacket. But I still carry it in my bag so I can put it on when I am in the office.
22nd November 2018, 11:11 AM |#20  
Flag Texas

More
My contention is having to change where I keep EDC things based on what I wear..
Pants / Jeans / Shorts / Joggers / Yoga pants +
V / U / Henley / T shirts etc / Casual/ Dress shirts +
Bomber / vs Blazer / Sport / Suit Jacket.

Esp when I am wearing T's & Shorts with no pocket or less space, It might make sense to have a DEFAULT "holster" thing to HANG, all the time, year round.
Even if I wear a jacket on TOP or Not.

The "holding / carrying mechanism" stays consistent through the year.. and remains a PHYSICAL MECHANICAL HABIT via Muscle Memory.

I am thinking Phone, Compact Wallet, Power Bank, KeySmart type Key Organizer etc. Place in same place and carry all the time.

Now matter what I wear I'd like to maybe have holster like setup that is my CONSISTENT Go To.

Quote:

It is working out pretty good in a place like HK. I wear my LG Holster all the time. As I find it very convient carrying my Note 8. I wear it wearing casual and formal clothing. I use my LD West Holster all the time in HK. Except during the Winter months as I can wear my leather jacket. But I still carry it in my bag so I can put it on when I am in the office.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm in TX. So it does get colder and with the occasional frosting and icing. We got snow this winter!
Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

2nd September 2019, 06:59 AM |#21  

More
I have just discovered a flaw with the LD West Holster. It seems that the magnets in the clasps interferes with bluetooth headsets. As I have recent gotten a set of RedMi Airdots, I have discovered that sometimes the magnets in the holsters interferes with the bluetooth connection between my Note 8 N950N and my RedMi Airdots.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)