FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Plastic (PET) screen protectors w/ oleophobic? (Eg, factory film Mate20x/Note10)

16 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By ghos_, Junior Member on 9th August 2019, 02:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all,

Anyone knows any good plastic (PET) films being sold on ali that offers a good oleophobic coating?

At first I thought these didn't exist, but then I saw the stock factory plastic films that came on devices like the Mate 20X and Note 10 (recently saw a display unit at samsung store). It is really smooth and resists fingerprints almost as well as dedicated tempered glasses which surprised me, I tested by pressing my thumb directly on the note 10 screen when the display was off, only a faint fingerprint remained and was wiped off easily (pressing the same thumb on my phone with crappy glass yielded a very visible and defined fingerprint and smeared when trying to wipe it off).

I'm very sure its plastic as it can bend (glass doesn't), also probably not a TPU as its definitely not rubbery.. bought a few plastic protectors to test here and there but none of them really has that same quality as those factory film protectors, in many cases the collect fingerprints even worse then the glass they were put on.

Looking for these as I have quite a few devices that have their oleophobic coating worn off and I've tried almost everything to restore them but doesn't work (eg, carnubula wax, sio2 coating, rainx, various "nano" liquid protectors, nada).

Also, being plastic, it is a little more "curve" friendly and it can be cut to fit any devices making it a universal solution as can be easily replaced if too scratched up. Of course it doesn't do much for impact protection but still better then running without anything at all..
17th September 2019, 02:45 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Bump.. seeing these on quite a lot of new phones nowadays including huawei and oppo and virtually all samsung phones now (eg, A50, A70 etc)

Anyone knows what kind of film they use from the factory and where we can buy them?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)