FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Questions about a third-party panoramic camera

401 posts
Thanks Meter: 519

By vebulous, Senior Member on 22nd January 2019, 02:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello everyone, I was recently gifted a 360 camera for my phone. Its A "LOLLY360 Panoramic Camera". Its cool. I found it on Amazon and apparently costs $80. You need to download the Lolly360 accompanying app in order to use it though. Which is kind of a bummer.
Herein lies my question: could there be a way to hack this thing to get it to "take over" the main camera of the phone? That way any app can utilize the 2 cameras on the accessory device?

I'm not sure where to even ask this question. Because its really more about hacking. But its hacking an accessory.....or possibly software? Like a man-in-the-middle approach? Any help would be appreciated.

This is what I think, because when I first installed the app and connected the 360cam, a popup asked me if I wanted to launch the app anytime THIS usb device is connected. And then, once connected, how does the camera talk to the app? Could there be a way to hijack this communication and use the accessory on ANY app that uses a camera? My fist instinct was to use it as a dash cam, since it has 2 super-wide angle cameras.

Anyway, thanks to anyone who can give some feedback...or a mod that moves this to the right forum...
11th February 2019, 02:28 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
following
3rd December 2019, 08:17 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Deland
Thanks Meter: 519

Donate to Me
More
I'm still curious if anyone has any input on this....so...bump
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread