Can anyone of you recommend a good sleep-tracker wristband + Android app?

Search This thread

NovusDeus

Dec 9, 2017
Hi everyone,

I recently heard about these fitness/health/sleep-tracking wristbands that are apparently able to grep your heart frequency, log it and also wake you up while you're not in deep sleep state to make you less tired in the morning.

Before accepting that being tired constantly and dependent on caffeine injections to the heart is my life now, I'd like to try that out and see where it leads.

Has anyone of you tried one of the billion devices for this purpose and can recommend something? My main issue is that it A) needs to work properly, but also B) needs an app that is halfway decent at least. I'm grateful for any hints.

Kind regards! :)

Last edited:

SomeoneYDK

Apr 13, 2016
Hi everyone,

I recently heard about these fitness/health/sleep-tracking wristbands that are apparently able to grep your heart frequency, log it and also wake you up while you're not in deep sleep state to make you less tired in the morning.

Before accepting that being tired constantly and dependent on caffeine injections to the heart is my life now, I'd like to try that out and see where it leads.

Has anyone of you tried one of the billion devices for this purpose and can recommend something? My main issue is that it A) needs to work properly, but also B) needs an app that is halfway decent at least. I'm grateful for any hints.

Kind regards! :)

Sleep as Android is a great app I've been using for over a year now. It has great integration with Android Wear watches, Xiaomi Mi Bands (Requires external paid app but it's worth it.) and some more trackers (Full list here, https://sleep.urbandroid.org/documentation/integration/wearable/). I personally use the Xiaomi Mi Band 2.

The app detects if you're in a deep sleep or light sleep and wakes you up when it thinks you're light sleeping. It also has compatibility with Philips Hue Lights to simulate a sunrise. It gives you advice on how to improve your sleep, prevents jet lag and oversleeping and much more. I highly recommend this app.

Sleep As Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.urbandroid.sleep&hl=nl

mawalaka

Jan 26, 2018
I know Fit Bit watches can track your heart rate but I am not sure if it can wake you up..... But if you are interested in running or jogging or walking or basically just being active, you can get Fitbit to track your heart rate and daily steps.