FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

SD Card now slowing as RAW and slow to respond

39 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By Dudefoxlive, Member on 2nd March 2019, 07:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, I have an SD card that seems to be corrupt in some way and heres whats going on. My friends mother was trying to copy some files off her phone and onto her SD card. Well she canceled one of the copies and after that nothing on the card was readable. Well after rebooting the phone it says that the card is unformatted or unsupported. Well after plugging it into a Windows computer it does not appear at first. After a few minuets of waiting it will appear but will not load the partition. Attempting to run CHKDSK returns that it can't be run on a RAW File System. At this point what can be done? She really wants to get the photos off this card.
27th December 2019, 06:07 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudefoxlive

Hi, I have an SD card that seems to be corrupt in some way and heres whats going on. My friends mother was trying to copy some files off her phone and onto her SD card. Well she canceled one of the copies and after that nothing on the card was readable. Well after rebooting the phone it says that the card is unformatted or unsupported. Well after plugging it into a Windows computer it does not appear at first. After a few minuets of waiting it will appear but will not load the partition. Attempting to run CHKDSK returns that it can't be run on a RAW File System. At this point what can be done? She really wants to get the photos off this card.

Sounds like it's reached End of Life. I have had some success in using a different device to read the card. I couldn't read a failing card from my PC but I was able to stick the card into a camera and then connect the camera to the PC via USB and get the files off. I guess not all devices read the card the same way.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)