FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Review of WeLoop Tommy smartwatch, w/lots of pics! - re-inventing the Pebble wheel :)

3,389 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,631

By vectron, Senior Member on 1st September 2014, 02:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
removed.
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to vectron For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vectron Ad-Free

1st September 2014, 08:32 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Looks interesting. The sales page claims lots of apps are available and high customization.
I'm a little worried because I can't find any link to an SDK.

Good luck with it.
1st September 2014, 08:38 PM |#3  
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 97

More
Nice find. Please update us with your review. I'm very curious about the notifications. It says, notification alarm? ??

So, wil it show the notification? Or will it only show an icon or play a sound?
2nd September 2014, 07:31 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 10

Donate to Me
More
Hardware Specification:

BLE SoC: nRF51822 Bluetooth 4.0

Processor: ARM Cortex M0 32 bit processor

Memory:

FLASH: 256KB embedded

ExternalRAM: 16KB

RAM: 8KB

External FLASH: 512KB

Display Size: SHARP 1.26 inch Memory LCD

Resolution: 144 x 168 pixels

Bluetooth: -93 dBm sensitivity in Bluetooth® low energy mode

Antenna: Built-in

Sensor: 3-Axis Accelerometer

Key: Up, Down, Enter, Back

Battery: 110mAh

Vibration: ERM

Charger: Magnetic 2-pins

Certification: CE, FCC, and RoHS

Waterproof: 5ATM

Temperature: Operation 0~50'C, Storage -10~60'C

Humidity: 0~90%, Non-Condensed

Software Specification:

BLE Stack: GATT, GAP, Running Speed and Cadence

ANCS Profile: Social, Email, Incoming Call, Text Message

Features:

1. Work with iOS and Android 4.4 smartphone (Bluetooth 4.0 Or Above )

2. Clock interface customization

3. Notification alarm

4. Smartphone camera control

5. Smartphone music control

6. Find my phone

7. Battery alarm

8. Pedometer
2nd September 2014, 09:18 AM |#5  
Flag Eindhoven
Thanks Meter: 100

More
imho, the success of any (non-standalone) smartwatch depends on the companion app that comes with it. AND knowing you'll get firmware updates (and know where to get them).

all those things that use BTNotifier or whatever version of it can't hold a candle to the like of Pebble, Sony Smartwatch 2 and Android Wear.

yes, these (china) watches are cheap, but you get what you pay for (really regret buying the U8 watch).

what kind of companion app comes with this watch?
3rd September 2014, 03:21 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,631

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarlSX

imho, the success of any (non-standalone) smartwatch depends on the companion app that comes with it. AND knowing you'll get firmware updates (and know where to get them).

all those things that use BTNotifier or whatever version of it can't hold a candle to the like of Pebble, Sony Smartwatch 2 and Android Wear.

yes, these (china) watches are cheap, but you get what you pay for (really regret buying the U8 watch).

what kind of companion app comes with this watch?

That's why I never speculate until I get it in my hands. Once I receive it I will let you guys know how it works, battery life, and companion app. No doubt, without a proper app - it would be just a toy.
The Following User Says Thank You to vectron For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vectron Ad-Free
4th September 2014, 12:40 PM |#7  
SyDnEy
Thanks Meter: 35

More
found this watch by accident. yes please give your most detail review for this one page didnt say compatible with my phone galaxy note 2 but since both has bluetooth 4.0 i think they are compatible.

i also want to know the o/s they are using. not android wear, i think?
4th September 2014, 06:13 PM |#8  
Flag Sweden
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Isn't really active here on xda, but wanted to tell you guys that I just bought this. So lets hope for the best that it's a good device
They say that there is apps being programmed to it already so there must be some way to program our own. So if anyone gets information about how to develop to this one please tell me/the rest of us
The Following User Says Thank You to Kabeltv For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kabeltv Ad-Free
5th September 2014, 07:44 AM |#9  
Flag SBC
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabeltv

Isn't really active here on xda, but wanted to tell you guys that I just bought this. So lets hope for the best that it's a good device
They say that there is apps being programmed to it already so there must be some way to program our own. So if anyone gets information about how to develop to this one please tell me/the rest of us

seems good
5th September 2014, 10:46 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Looks great.
Will it be full compatible with an One Plus One? Thinking if it will work with an OPPO Find 7, I believe OnePlus One will made too...
5th September 2014, 04:46 PM |#11  
SyDnEy
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Wink
Hmm is this has speakers and microphones so I can receive and make calls? (By connected to my mobile of course) . Need to decide between this or IKWEAR IK8 haha
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)