Thanks Meter: 39

By kentdream, Member on 5th June 2016, 10:18 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd August 2016, 11:13 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentdream

may: uninstall and reinstall your MiFit will help?
MiFit lastest version is 2.17

Yeah - tried that many times and didn't work
I'm stuck with this band and I can't pair it with my phone :'(

14th August 2016, 11:06 AM |#22  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyleme

Does it mean the data from runtastic app will display on the miband2 screen ? So you can get your phone running runtastic in your bag and get your pace/speed/distance on screen on the mi band ?

U get ONLY Realtime HR displayed with u touch the button the screen.

U dont get notification contents from the screen. However, with the help of 3rd party apps, u can set custom alert icons with selected icons

Sent from my MI NOTE Pro using Tapatalk
18th August 2016, 08:54 AM |#23  
Flag Up North
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Hi Everyone
Which 3rd party apps are you using recommending?
18th August 2016, 03:26 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc35

Hi Everyone
Which 3rd party apps are you using recommending?

I use this one - the free version is okay, but I paid for the pro. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...com.mc.miband1
The Following User Says Thank You to bustr85 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bustr85 Ad-Free
20th August 2016, 04:53 AM |#25  
Flag North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 35

Donate to Me
More
I'm looking to get one of these, but shopping around I'm seeing a lot of fakes out there. Where have you purchased yours and are you sure it's authentic? Thank you in advance.
22nd August 2016, 09:28 PM |#26  
Flag North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 35

Donate to Me
More
I found mine on bang good for the best price and it appears to be genuine.
19th September 2016, 08:57 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Screen Not working
I just used the band for 1 day and the display stopped working the other day. The device is getting hot while charging but can't see anything on the display.
24th September 2016, 10:27 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Disappointing at all
Hi,

I have my Mi Band 2 for a week now, and so far, I can give you the following impressions, maybe someone can give me a hint concerning my first point.

1.) I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 i9515GT, not the latest device, but quite common, and my main problem is that the band keeps losing connection about once a day, sometimes more often. Whenever that happens, the original Mi App displays "Connecting band", but nothing happens, and you can try to un-pir and re-pair, or switch bluetooth on and off, and all the other good advices you can read anywhere on the web, but that all doesn't help. The only thing that works then is rebooting the phone, which is a pain in the a**. Any advice why this happens?

2.) I was able to sync the band to Google Fit (S-Health which is my favorite app does not work unfortunately). Nevertheless, Google Fit keeps using its own step counter, i.e. it displays about 20% lower steopcount than the Mi App. The step count however seems nearly identical to that measured by S-Health, which gives more plausible values in my opinion, so overall the step counter seems to be quite accurate.

3.) Measuring heart rate works only on dry skin and the band connected closely to the skin, as soon as you keep sweating at your armwrist, the measured values are far too low or no measurement is possible. So if you sweat during sport, the measurement ist crap and useless. Besides, the standard Mi App does not offer continuous heart rate measurment, you have to buy another app like Mi Band tools für 2 EUR or so, there you can define intervals from one minute (so still less than continuos measurement by a dedicated chest-wrist based device) up to any minute-interval you want. Why does Mi not offer that at least as a default?

4.) App notification of the original Mi App is a bad joke, because no matter which app sends you a notification, it always displays the same icon, so unless you look on your mobile device, you cannot know which of your configured apps has actually had a notification. However, Mi Band Tools which you must buy offers this functionality, but you can only connect each app you want to be notfied to a hard-coded symbol in the Mi Bands firmware, no custom icons possible.

5.) Sleep tracking is not more than wild guessing. I was awake half an hour last night, walking around, which the band interpretes as "light sleep". And the wake-up time is wild guessing too, so nothing more than a gimmick to play with, but not related in any way to my sleep at all... If you keep lying in your bed awake for an hour after sleep, that is measured as "light sleep" as well...

6.) Smart unlock is playing lottery too. I find that extremely userful if you do not have to draw your unlock pattern each and every time you activate your phone. This feature works about 80% of the time, the rest 20% you are asked for the unlock pattern on my Samsung S4 anyway, even if the Band is connected and near the phone. So this is simply implemented in a very buggy way.

7.) Battery Lifetime is about 10 days with heart rate measurement every 10 minutes in the Mi Band tools app which is okay for me

8.) The phones battery life is much shorter of course.

Any comments appreciated. After all: you get what you pay for, I was very enthusiastic about the band 2 in the beginning, but after a week, most that's left is disappointment especially how bad the nice features of this gadget are actually implemented!
1st October 2016, 07:57 PM |#29  
Flag Surat
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Are there any mi band 2 locator apps?

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

Are there any apps that locates the band?
6th October 2016, 04:56 PM |#30  
Flag Klin
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Bracelet miband 2 (firmware .52) was connected to mifit (beta version 2.2.29) The device has been paired via Bluetooth in System Preferences, and was connected to Mifit, bracelet worked for 1 month after purchase. There wasnt any extraneous reasons, but onetime mifit could not connect to a bracelet. The main screen in the program mifit became gray and there was an inscription "Connecting ...". So it couldnt connect back again. I disconnected bracelet in mifit program - does not connect again. I put the official program from google play - not connected. Although when looking for the bracelet miband appeared inscription "Touch to pair", but the program does not affect. And bracelet after being removed from the system settings Bluetooth, connect miband stopped altogether: nor on my phone or on wifes phone and sons tablet (android) or the iPhone with friends (not found a bracelet)

The bracelet works: heart rate, pedometer, and alarmclock at the wrong time that I cant switch off.

Different scanners from GP (Bluetooth 4.0 LE scanner, etc.) see the bracelet, but there is no connection with it.

Any solutions?
22nd October 2016, 01:42 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Hi,

just upgraded the Mi Fit App to 2.2.3 and the Firmare of the Mi Band 2 to V1.0.0.53, and now I cannot Smart-Unlock my Samsung Galaxy S4 anymore, the device does not appear under the Trusted devices, and cannot be found using the normal Blutooth setttings dialog. Any idea what else to try? I am really unhappy how unstable this whole Blutooth stuff is implemented in the Mi Band 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)