FORUMS

Yeelight Toolbox

140 posts
Thanks Meter: 79

Post Reply Email Thread
23rd October 2019, 07:26 PM |#181  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi guys, I have problem with my bulb v2 color, Bulb can be visible only after turning it off and on for about 3 minutes, and it disappears - refreshing doesn't help. I tried on all versions of toolbox, do you have any idea how to fix this ?
13th February 2020, 07:13 PM |#182  

More
Documentation? Specifically, for movie mode
Hi Jordi,

First off, thanks for the amazing app with Yeelight Toolbox. Really digging the additional control that I have over the lightstrip lining the back of my desk.

I've been fiddling with movie mode and was unclear on what some of the settings do. I searched this thread and the one on the yeelight forums, but couldn't come up with any real answers. Most of the settings are easy enough to understand just based on name (auto-brightness, average/dominant, refresh rate, etc).

The two that I could use clarification on are the Screen Color Picker/Zoom and the Screen Scanning value. What exactly are these defining?
If I understand correctly, I don't need to use the Screen Color Picker/Zoom for movie mode...seems like it's more for pulling a color from a static image. Is this accurate?
The screen scanning...well that I just don't get. Is it setting a percentage of the screen to scan for color? If so, from the center? Top right? Am I just way off and it's something else entirely?

Thanks for any insight you can give me!
17th February 2020, 09:02 PM |#183  
OP Senior Member
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 79

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketFox

Hi Jordi,

First off, thanks for the amazing app with Yeelight Toolbox. Really digging the additional control that I have over the lightstrip lining the back of my desk.

I've been fiddling with movie mode and was unclear on what some of the settings do. I searched this thread and the one on the yeelight forums, but couldn't come up with any real answers. Most of the settings are easy enough to understand just based on name (auto-brightness, average/dominant, refresh rate, etc).

The two that I could use clarification on are the Screen Color Picker/Zoom and the Screen Scanning value. What exactly are these defining?
If I understand correctly, I don't need to use the Screen Color Picker/Zoom for movie mode...seems like it's more for pulling a color from a static image. Is this accurate?
The screen scanning...well that I just don't get. Is it setting a percentage of the screen to scan for color? If so, from the center? Top right? Am I just way off and it's something else entirely?

Thanks for any insight you can give me!

As you guessed, the screen color picker it's for static images. The zoom slider lets you be more precise when picking a color.

In simple terms, the more you decrease the screen scanning percentage, the more pixels will be skipped. Think of it as if your screen was compressed to a lower resolution, so less processing power is required to extract the average/dominant color, while losing accuracy.
Edit to clarify: it doesn't mean that just a portion of the screen will be scanned, let's say only tge top left, or just the center. All the screen area will be scanned, just less precisely
11th April 2020, 04:40 PM |#184  

More
Hi, I had to re-install my yeelight bulb again and now in the toolbox I see both the previous name and the new one. Obvously I can control my bulb only with the new name. How do I delete the old one? Why does it still show up?

Thank you very much.
16th April 2020, 05:55 PM |#185  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quoting Jordi: "Look for the yeelight toolbox folder under %localappdata%\JGR and open the file user.config. Delete the devices there"
30th April 2020, 12:02 AM |#186  

More
Hi, great work. The app works with my led strip. Except for movie mode. If I press start, I get the following error:

It basically says it can't find slimdx, but I definitely installed it and restarted my PC.

EDIT: Never mind, I figured out that the msi file I downloaded simply extracts the installers, and doesn't actually install. It does work now, but CPU usage is very high so not sure if it's worth it. hehe. Great work regardless

end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

HTML Code:
************** Exception Text **************
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Yeelight_Toolbox.ScreenCapture' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'SlimDX.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
   at Yeelight_Toolbox.ScreenCapture..cctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Yeelight_Toolbox.ScreenCapture..cctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
   at Yeelight_Toolbox.FrmMain.movieModeButton()
   at Yeelight_Toolbox.FrmMain.btMovie_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4150.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
yeelight_toolbox
    Assembly Version: 3.0.3.0
    Win32 Version: 3.0.3
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Zakar/Downloads/yeelight_toolbox_3.1.0.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4150.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4001.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4121.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
29th June 2020, 10:00 AM |#187  
Flag Biancavilla(CT)
Thanks Meter: 214

Donate to Me
More
@jordi.id96 There will be other releases in the future? something to reduce the cpu usage? Thanks!
12th November 2020, 08:38 PM |#188  

More
Abouu devices
Hey, i don't know where to ask it but i added a device but with an error with my Address, so where and/or how can i delete it ?
Thanks you
20th November 2020, 09:07 PM |#189  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hey @jordi.id96, thanks so much for your work

Do you plan to release the source code of your tool at some point ?
Maybe the community can work together on it ? I'd be interested into that

Thanks again !
Today, 09:52 AM |#190  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 346

More
Hello,

I have been using this app for some time now and it worked fine. but since a week ago, it started freezing. When I click to turn on or off the bulb, it does so, and then the program stops responding and I have to terminate it and run again, and then it does the same. Has anyone else experienced such behaviour?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
led, light, rgb, xiaomi, yeelight

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)